Sign in to follow this  
r7 425

R7 425 Recives Highest Honor

Note: This thread is 4649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 posts / 1136 viewsLast Reply

The taylorMade r7 425 made some big news as it was ranked the best driver ever accoridng to tgw.com users. Personally I have the driver and can tell you that it is the straightest driver i have ever hit and that includes everything from Squared drivers to every 460 cc forgiving driver. Its crazy to think that it is number 1....Fred Funk is first in driving accuracy with it.....Brian Gay just won with it this year....Bart Bryant was leading the field in accuracy in the first round....Tim Herron won with it last year....I just want to ask everyone why this driver being 4 or 5 years old still holds up today over new technology and bigger 460 cc drivers????

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...6&select2;=6797

The taylorMade r7 425 made some big news as it was ranked the best driver ever accoridng to tgw.com users. Personally I have the driver and can tell you that it is the straightest driver i have ever hit and that includes everything from Squared drivers to every 460 cc forgiving driver. Its crazy to think that it is number 1....Fred Funk is first in driving accuracy with it.....Brian Gay just won with it this year....Bart Bryant was leading the field in accuracy in the first round....Tim Herron won with it last year....

I don't mean this in a jerk sorta way, but why do you want to ask everyone that? its a good product and good products tend to stick around. Great clubs don't get replaced by lesser clubs.

I thought as much till I tried the Burner.

i hit the burner on sunday > i was so tempted.

luckily my buddy works at a golf store/fitter, so i was able to enjoy and walk out. i'll be back.

When I purchased this club less than 6 months ago I hit the R7 460 and the Superquad and I actually liked the look and feel of the r7 425 better than the other two. Never mind that it was cheaper and many pros are still playing this club. The r7 425 is a very solid driver that will most likely be around for quite a while.

I reviewed the 425 and 460 when it came out a couple years ago. I'm still using the 460 TP version and love it. I still haven't hit a driver to match it.

Of course I haven't tried or tested the new Burner or Titleist D series yet so it remains to be seen how it truly compares to the newer drivers. I'll just say that it will take a lot of convincing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this