cnl390

Thoughts on Noodle Long and Soft

10 posts / 1743 viewsLast Reply

I have been playing the Callaway Supersoft ball's, but quite frankly I lose quite a few on tight courses.  Consequently I am looking for a less expensive option.  What are your thoughts on the Taylormade Long and Soft?

On 8/7/2020 at 7:18 PM, cnl390 said:

I have been playing the Callaway Supersoft ball's, but quite frankly I lose quite a few on tight courses.  Consequently I am looking for a less expensive option.  What are your thoughts on the Taylormade Long and Soft?

I have played the Super Soft and the original Maxfli Noodle Long/Soft but not the 2020 Taylormade model. But I am interested in trying as well. Good article that details new model vs old. For the $$ appears to be good option for those of us prone to misplace a ball or two. 😀

https://www.windtreegolf.com/noodle-golf-balls-review/

If you are losing several golf balls a round,  cost probably should be your determining factor.    Check out Srixon Distance.  2 dz / $20

Rick Shields gave these cheap balls a very good review 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess I should just give them a try.  At my last driver fitting my swing speed was 87-92.  On the course my average drive is 220-230.  With all the different balls to choose from it's hard to decide which ones to even try.  That's why I always rely on this forum.  I can get feedback from players like me.  

Lostgolfballs provides great deals on golf balls that have only been hit once or twice. We sell top models such as Pro V1/V1x at half the cost new. Why? Because all golf balls are used after one hit.

You are welcome!

I've tried them in the past and they are just okay.   If you are looking for a good cheap ball that is low compression I would check out the Wilson Staff Zip or the Wilson Staff 50 Elite.  The Zips can be found on Amazon for $19.97 for a double dozen.  The 50 Elite is about $12.99 for a dozen.  Another ball worth checking out is the new Top Flight Hammer Control.  GG/Dicks usually have specials on these and they definitely in the same neighborhood performance/feel wise as the Supersoft.

Edited by PhilsFanDrew
correction

i also lose balls during a round so price is a factor. To tell you the truth at my level of play I can't really tell the difference between balls. I have ProV1s and Top Flites, can't tell the difference. So now I play the Costco Kirkland 3 piece ball, they work for me and they are just over a dollar a ball, my price range. I'm sure others will differ from me on ball selection.  

On 8/31/2020 at 1:12 PM, cooke119 said:

i also lose balls during a round so price is a factor. To tell you the truth at my level of play I can't really tell the difference between balls. I have ProV1s and Top Flites, can't tell the difference. So now I play the Costco Kirkland 3 piece ball, they work for me and they are just over a dollar a ball, my price range. I'm sure others will differ from me on ball selection.  

A golf buddy handed me a sleeve of Costco Kirkland golf balls to try. I played them today. I'm a 12.7 handicap but that ball is going to make it go lower because I scored a 79 (1st time in years I broke 80)! It spun and checked very well on wedge shots and had good carry distance with the driver and approach irons and even sand shots (not much check from the rough). Obviously, I'm impressed with the Kirkland golf ball. The only con is that my wedges chewed it up so I used 2 balls during the round.   

On 9/5/2020 at 8:56 PM, SAGolfLuvr said:

A golf buddy handed me a sleeve of Costco Kirkland golf balls to try. I played them today. I'm a 12.7 handicap but that ball is going to make it go lower because I scored a 79 (1st time in years I broke 80)! It spun and checked very well on wedge shots and had good carry distance with the driver and approach irons and even sand shots (not much check from the rough). Obviously, I'm impressed with the Kirkland golf ball. The only con is that my wedges chewed it up so I used 2 balls during the round.   

Nice game. My wedge play, (such as it is), doesn't chew up the cover so I'm good for the whole round except I'll lose two ball during a round, (LOL). A guy in the league I play in said he lost 10 yards using the Kirkland ball, I think that is BS, I notice no drop off in carry. Played a very tight course yesterday, little rough and a lot of trees, so I used my 3W a lot, I was putting them out there where the guys using a driver were putting them. Please note that myself and all the guys I play with are in our late sixties and early seventies so our carry distances aren't that long, maybe 200 yards, roll out to 210 or so. I like the ball, One thing I do really like is how it sounds and feels off the putter, I had four birdie putts, our team in the best ball scramble came in 6 under par, won $40.00, good day.

I’ma big fan of the Srixon Q-Star and you can usually get them around $15 a dozen when they run deals on golfballs.com or Carl’s Golfland. I just wait for sales and buy them in bulk.