IGNORED

My Swing (ChetlovesMer)

ChetlovesMer

On 12/5/2022 at 6:24 AM, GolfLug said:

@ChetlovesMerΒ like how you get hands and arms up high.

Β 

Thanks. I'm working on lots of stuff. The higher finish is an accidental result of working on an earlier part of the swing which Yoda gave me a priority piece.Β 

Here's my swing this morning.

Β 

And the Caddie View

Β 

• Thumbs Up 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don’t know if you’re just posting as a journal, but if you’re looking for feedback you’re going to want to film at better angles.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 12/8/2022 at 6:20 PM, billchao said:

I don’t know if you’re just posting as a journal, but if you’re looking for feedback you’re going to want to film at better angles.

Not really looking for feedback as I work with Eric regularly. These are just for me. I will always accept feedback.Β 

At what angels should I post?

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Not really looking for feedback as I work with Eric regularly. These are just for me. I will always accept feedback.Β 

Who is Eric? Sounds like he is the angel here. πŸ˜€

• Funny 3

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

Who is Eric? Sounds like he is the angel here. πŸ˜€

Oh crap, I meant to write Erik. ...Β 

You know he's one of the guys who wrote this book:Β IMG_20221215_081041254.thumb.jpg.57078507491ba1ab3cf2d31fbd31dace.jpg

He's actually a pretty decent coach. Although I've heard him described as pedantic. Which may be an advantage when it comes to being a swing coach. If you use this definition:Β 

someone who annoys others by correcting small errors, caring too much about minor details, or emphasizing their own expertise especially in some narrow or boring subject matter.πŸ€ͺ

Β 

On that note. Here's some video from yesterday's practice session. Sorry @billchaoΒ same old camera angles. ... or angels if you like.Β πŸ€ͺ

Β 

And here's the down the line Angel. ... perhaps I should proof read a little more often.Β 

Β 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I’m sure whoever Eric is would offer feedback if you filmed with better camera angles.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

TL;DR: Hand height, DTL parallel to the target line and centered at your trail toes, FO perpendicular to the target line centered at the middle of your stance.

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Whichever one is good at golf. I cover all my bases and pray to all deities. Just be careful though, Jobu can’t hit a curveball.

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

perhaps I should proof read a little more often.Β 

Yea well we all know where you went to school, so I’m not sure if you’re even qualified to proofread 😜

• Funny 4

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

14 minutes ago, billchao said:

Whichever one is good at golf. I cover all my bases and pray to all deities. Just be careful though, Jobu can’t hit a curveball.

Yea well we all know where you went to school, so I’m not sure if you’re even qualified to proofread 😜

Ahahahahaha... this is freaking hilarious..Β πŸ˜‚

Vishal S.

5 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

On that note. Here's some video from yesterday's practice session. Sorry @billchaoΒ same old camera angles. ... or angels if you like.Β πŸ€ͺ

And here's the down the line Angel. ... perhaps I should proof read a little more often.Β 

Β 

Can you film in slow motion or will it do that annoying strobe effect? The swing looks pretty fluid. I also like the practice space. All the indoor areas around here went to simulators, which is too bad if you just want to work on priority pieces.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 hours ago, billchao said:

I’m sure whoever Eric is would offer feedback if you filmed with better camera angles.

I'm sure you mean camera angels.Β πŸ€ͺ

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

TL;DR: Hand height, DTL parallel to the target line and centered at your trail toes,

I know, it's hard to believe but I've actually read that thread... For some reason I remembered it as being equal distance from your toe line to the ball flight line. Which is what I always go for. I'll make an adjustment and try to get it on my toe line. .... I warn you I'm not a great photographer even when I'm holding the camera, nothing less when I set it up and walk away from it. I'll work on it.Β 

FO perpendicular to the target line centered at the middle of your stance.

I think I'm getting this one right. ...Β  Or at least close.Β 

My mom has this old assessment I took in grade school. She has held on to it for all these years, b/c she thinks its hilarious. In the assessment student were supposed to evaluate their own strengths and weaknesses. I actually wrote that my weakness is "speeling". If only I had done it as a joke it would have actually been clever... Sadly, it wasn't a joke. 😒

2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Jokes aside, swing does look fluid. Not bad.Β 

Yeah, I have to credit Eric... er .... um ... I mean Erik... I like to call him Yoda.Β 
Β 

I actually think I'm getting somewhere.Β 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I'm not sure too many people would get away with that!πŸ˜‰

This you say why?

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

20 minutes ago, iacas said:

This you say why?

I see what you did there ☺️

• Like 1

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

9 hours ago, iacas said:

This you say why?

I wonder which has more interesting creatures?Β 
The swam on Degobah... or Erie, PA?Β 

• 2 weeks later...

At risk of posting with even more type-o's I'm sticking this morning's videos into this thread.Β 

I tried to adjust my camera a bit on the down the line view. @billchaoIs that better?Β 

Here's the Caddie View:

This is just a 6 iron swing. I'm not trying to do anything special here. Just looking to see how the work I've been doing on my swing is either paying off or not paying off. I'm still working on some stuff so this is still a work in progress. I think I know what I still need to do, but feel free to comment if you like.Β 

On 12/15/2022 at 11:34 AM, boogielicious said:

Can you film in slow motion or will it do that annoying strobe effect? The swing looks pretty fluid. I also like the practice space. All the indoor areas around here went to simulators, which is too bad if you just want to work on priority pieces.

I forgot to try the slow motion thing this morning. Not sure if I'll get the strobe effect. It's all florescent lights in this place so maybe. I'll try to do slow mo next time I'm in there.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

At risk of posting with even more type-o's I'm sticking this morning's videos into this thread.Β 

I tried to adjust my camera a bit on the down the line view. @billchaoIs that better?

Too far left on the DL.

Through the hands, hand height. Parallel or perpendicular to the target line. That's it.

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Too far left on the DL.

First I'm too far to the right then I'm too far to the left. I'm going to have to bring a can of spray paint and paint lines on the floor to get this right.Β