IGNORED

My Swing (ChetlovesMer)

ChetlovesMer

• Administrator
3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

First I'm too far to the right then I'm too far to the left. I'm going to have to bring a can of spray paint and paint lines on the floor to get this right. 

Just put a stick below your hands and make it look "vertical" in the camera with the right height.

Or set a club down where you hit from.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Still working on a few things with my swing. Here's the Down The Line view as it is right now. I shot this using the slow motion feature on my phone.

Here's the caddie view. 

Still working on a few things. It's getting better. 

• Thumbs Up 3

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my swing this past Sunday at the indoor range.

From DTL it's looking okay.

I'm not as happy with it from the caddie view. 

I feel like I can get better extension with my arms through and after impact. Plus, I think I need to get a little more shaft lean at impact. It's better than it was, but I still have more to do. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So a couple things stand out to me.

Your hands are very active on the take away.  What I have found is that if you have active hands on the takeaway, rotation becomes a second thought on the backswing and downswing.  I really try to make my body turn by practicing standing up like this:

hyfcRol.jpg?fbplay

779 views on Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Or better, watch Monte do it:

Look at how little shoulder rotation you have at the start of your backswing.  You club isn't staying in front of you and connected with the arms in the backswing.

rIKPTcf.png?fb

Find, rate and share the best memes and images. Discover the magic of the Internet at Imgur.

Next, your body rotation needs some work.  You don't have a stable rotation and you get dumped under on the downswing, which is probably causing your push (looks like a push to me).  For me what has really helped is standing up straight like Monte does in a number of his videos.  I personally practice my swing standing up twice as much as actually bent over because a lot of the bad moves in golf don't make sense standing up or you simply can't do them.

When I look at your shoulder rotation, you are really dropping your trail shoulder in transition rather than rotating it towards the ball.  You get into a shallow position, but then your club has downward momentum and gets dumped under an optimum plane:

Ff6Hy2e.png?fb

Find, rate and share the best memes and images. Discover the magic of the Internet at Imgur.

From there you need to horizontally rotate the get the club to the ball.  Because of that, you get to a more horizontal finish:

vClZB6I.png?fb

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

So I think it's really worth while to spend time on the rotation driving things and making the correct rotation, all in my opinion.

9 hours ago, tickbomb said:

So a couple things stand out to me.

Your hands are very active on the take away.  What I have found is that if you have active hands on the takeaway, rotation becomes a second thought on the backswing and downswing.  I really try to make my body turn by practicing standing up like this:

hyfcRol.jpg?fbplay

779 views on Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Or better, watch Monte do it:

Look at how little shoulder rotation you have at the start of your backswing.  You club isn't staying in front of you and connected with the arms in the backswing.

rIKPTcf.png?fb

Next, your body rotation needs some work.  You don't have a stable rotation and you get dumped under on the downswing, which is probably causing your push (looks like a push to me).  For me what has really helped is standing up straight like Monte does in a number of his videos.  I personally practice my swing standing up twice as much as actually bent over because a lot of the bad moves in golf don't make sense standing up or you simply can't do them.

When I look at your shoulder rotation, you are really dropping your trail shoulder in transition rather than rotating it towards the ball.  You get into a shallow position, but then your club has downward momentum and gets dumped under an optimum plane:

Ff6Hy2e.png?fb

From there you need to horizontally rotate the get the club to the ball.  Because of that, you get to a more horizontal finish:

vClZB6I.png?fb

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

So I think it's really worth while to spend time on the rotation driving things and making the correct rotation, all in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm working on lots of stuff right now. 
Thanks for all the input. 

• 2 weeks later...

This one is mostly for me as a check on if some of the stuff I'm working on is getting into my swing. 
I feel like I'm making progress. I still have more to work on but this is like way WAY better than it was two/three years ago. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

this is like way WAY better than it was two/three years ago. 

Ya think?

Cuz I do too. 😉

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets