IGNORED

Justin Thomas Curses and in 2021 Uses Homophobic Slurs

iacas

F&#%  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a problem or dislike Justin Thomas (or anyone else, really) cursing on TV while playing golf?

• Yes, it's a problem.
    • No, no problem here.

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

Hard to be oversensitive when he drops one of the few words there is really no good reason to ever say. Maybe if there was a college course on the historical use of curse words and their impact on society you may have an excuse to say it. 

Also, there isn't much talk at all about him saying this word in the news (normal or sports). The only thing that happened to him was one of his sponsors made a business decision to drop him. Yea, I don't see the overreaction here. 

Good points, I don't see it as being over-done, most people/sources have moved on. Yes, the wrong words do hurt.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

Contextually (big word), I think somewhere in the middle of these two statements lies a good position to stand on. Words do make a difference, can hurt feelings, can start wars, can end friendships, so we should select wisely before we speak. With that in mind, we have an overly sensitive society that gets offended to easily and wants blood when they are offended. Brand individual offenders for life! I think both sides need to back off a bit. The Washington Football Team, lol, what a joke!

Here's what you're not getting, perhaps…

• I think very few people here were personally offended when JT said what he said.
  • I think most people here, the smart, civilized ones, realize just how f***ing insensitive and stupid it was of JT to say that word.

If JT had said "goddamn nigger" after missing a putt, would you be telling black people to stop being so sensitive?

This shit isn't that complicated. It's not that nuanced. You can talk about "context" all you want - I typed the word "nigger" up there (and here) because I'm talking about the WORD. JT said it as a derogatory remark after he failed at an athletic pursuit. Yes, it would have been worse had he directed it at a homosexual man, but it's way, way beyond the line as it is.

34 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

We are not being sensitive. We are being civilized. 

THANK YOU!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, Billy Z said:

Good points, I don't see it as being over-done, most people/sources have moved on. Yes, the wrong words do hurt.

And  how  many wrong words do you say under your  breath not for  public  consumption?

Same dumb schtick since joining.

The same as

1 minute ago, jxdama said:

And  how  many wrong words do you say under your  breath not for  public  consumption?

everybody else.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

52 minutes ago, jxdama said:

I see what  JT did as  basically  nothing.

I am afraid that that says a lot more about you than it says about JT. You're cool with being a homophobe and proud of it. Wow.

If it was "basically nothing" he wouldn't have lost millions in sponsorship and trashed his reputation (albeit temporarily). That is pretty certain.

55 minutes ago, jxdama said:

Never that one.

Just so you understand, it's not a "curse word". It's a homophobic slur that was expunged 20 in civilized parts of the world years ago and was never anything but an insult. People are aghast at how a person in his 20s didn't get the memo.

Edited by Shorty
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

15 hours ago, jxdama said:

I use all the standard curse words publicly and privately.
However, homophobic and racial slurs are not part of my vocabulary. 
To even use these in private shows a lack of compassion and understanding as to what these word mean. 
As covered above, homophobic and racial slurs are not curse words, they are insults meant to hurt and demean. 
Affluent athletes and really all people who continue to use homophobic and racial slurs either are not smart enough to know what these words mean, or simply do not care!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator
JT.jpg

A gay golf fan on JT's captivating play at the PGA Championship

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 minutes ago, iacas said:
JT.jpg

A gay golf fan on JT's captivating play at the PGA Championship

That, in my opinion, was a well written, thoughtful article. Justin Thomas' ignorant, thoughtless comment was in my mind too, as I watched him play. But I didn't see that Mr. Cox, in his article, acknowledged that J.T gave what appeared to be a heartfelt apology for his hurtful, denigrating slur or that - as far as I know - he has not repeated the offence in public since that day. In any event, Justin will probably always be "that guy".

• Thumbs Up 1