IGNORED

Justin Thomas Curses and in 2021 Uses Homophobic Slurs

iacas

F&#%  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a problem or dislike Justin Thomas (or anyone else, really) cursing on TV while playing golf?

• Yes, it's a problem.
    • No, no problem here.

• Administrator

But Sunday’s final round of the PGA Championship once again showed the Jupiter resident has a problem – his competitive drive is so strong that when he becomes frustrated on the golf course, he starts dropping F-bombs.

And that problem is a bigger problem these days with all the hot mics sitting around spectator-less courses on the PGA Tour. During ESPN’s telecast, Thomas dropped the F-bomb when a birdie putt slid by the cup on the fifth hole. He said it loudly.

“Dude, you’ve got to be f—ing kidding me,” Thomas said.

jt-1.jpg?w=640

Justin Thomas is a model citizen and a world-class golfer. The best in the world, according to last week’s rankings. At 27, he already has won 13 PGA Tour titles, a major (2017 PGA Championship) a …

Hard pass on this being a "problem."

• Like 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I voted no. I curse a good amount, and find no offense for it. I think people get too bent out of shape by cursing. As long as it's not directed at you, it's not a problem. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

No problem whatsoever, unless it is aimed at a competitor, fan or official I really don't care. Even then I'd be keen to understand the context before rushing to judgement.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

Isn't Tiger still the leader in the clubhouse with fines for swearing anyway? ;-) 

A few rounds ago, I hit a poor tee shot, let loose the f-word before yelling "Fore."  One of my playing companions corrected me, reminding me that one typically only needs to yell "fore" after a bad shot.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Not a problem for me. Not exactly A-1-A journalism...I could barely get through the article, but based on what I did read, I wasn't convinced of the author's stance. With the exception of truly vile conduct (e.g., blatant racism, etc.) I couldn't care less what an athlete says out of frustration in the heat of competition. I'd rather witness a raw, uninhibited reaction, than "Dang it Dottie".

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

My 14 year old playing his online games with his friends...they all sound much worse than JT.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Yeah it doesn’t bother me either.  I also think that maybe it’s going to just have to become accepted by viewers in this current environment of sports with no live fans.  It’s happening constantly - of course it always has, but now it’s clearly heard more often - and it’s still “news” for now but before long they’re gonna just have to let it go, I think.

I think that the push back on this comes from people that wanna have their cake and eat it too, in a way. They are really enjoying all of the extra stuff we've been hearing without crowds, except the curse words that come with it. I have no problem with it at all though. I'd rather hear the players than the commentators.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

I'm going to say it isn't a problem in and of itself. For example, I don't think they need to go to Justin, or whomever, and ask them to stop swearing. 

Having, typed that, I wouldn't mind at all if the broadcast had a person with the button to "drop" the curse word. Not "Beep" it mind you. I've always thought "beeping" it makes it worse. It seems to draw attention to it. I prefer when they "drop" it. They just put in a little natural background noise in place of it. 

For me, I'd prefer that. But, again, I wouldn't say it's a "problem" if they do nothing about it. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I curse so much that I think I broke the swear words around here.

Now they pass for the same as intercourse or poop.

Far be it from me to get upset at someone else. Probably ought to just avoid putting the microphone on him.

Feature, not bug. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I had more of an issue with IBF having to apologize for him than the actual offense that I didn't even pick up on. If this is truly a problem the network should figure it out with a slight delay or technology. 

• Upvote 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I voted yes, although it doesn’t bother me.

IMO it is his job. I do not yell “f***” during work meetings or conference calls, or when patients can hear me.

Its his job, and it’s not a good look. He’s a good dude, and he’s getting some flack for it. I bet it doesn’t happen again.

• Like 3

I voted no. I would be hypocritical if I voted yes.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

I bet it doesn’t happen again.

I'll take that bet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

55 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

They should have swear jar that gets donated to charity.

I like this idea.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Just now, Slim_Pivot said:

IMO it is his job. I do not yell “f***” during work meetings or conference calls, or when patients can hear me.

Its his job, and it’s not a good look. He’s a good dude, and he’s getting some flack for it. I bet it doesn’t happen again.

Look at all other sports. They cuss like crazy. The difference right now is the crowds aren't there so you hear a lot more, particularly just after impact where most of the crowd noise comes. His job is to play golf, not be a saint, IMO

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls