IGNORED

Justin Thomas Curses and in 2021 Uses Homophobic Slurs

iacas

F&#%  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a problem or dislike Justin Thomas (or anyone else, really) cursing on TV while playing golf?

• Yes, it's a problem.
    • No, no problem here.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

There's very little chance I'm going to offend a panther. 

Sure, but if you do…

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

49 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Then he needs to change that. And do it now. 

I say "Panther Piss!" as my interjection of choice when I'm angry. There's very little chance I'm going to offend a panther. 

That's just what he says when he gets upset is a terrible excuse... I mean really TERRIBLE. What if he said "Oh, go beat your wife!" When ever he got upset? Or "Kill a (insert racial slur here)!" When ever he gets upset. It's ridiculous to think "Oh that's just what he says when he's upset." 

FWIW, I usually just say my own name in exasperation. I do swear, but not in that kind of situation where I’m mad or disappointed in myself. For JT, it says a lot that he uses that word. 

I do say, “Mother Puss Bucket!” on occasion.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

As far as profanity goes, I don't care at all if pros swear or otherwise vocally vent their frustration. That said, the issue here is less about profanity in general and more about the specific word used. 

There are definitely a lot of better words and choice phrases Justin Thomas could have used. Maybe next time do a throwback to an old classic that was much less controversial instead.

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

As far as profanity goes, I don't care at all if pros swear or otherwise vocally vent their frustration. That said, the issue here is less about profanity in general and more about the specific word used. 

There are definitely a lot of better words and choice phrases Justin Thomas could have used. Maybe next time do a throwback to an old classic that was much less controversial instead.

If you cuss just right you too can win the US Open by 15 strokes.

• Funny 1

Its such an individual thing.  Why mic golfers and expect there would be no cussing.   It happens in every profession sports and probably more so in other sports if football players or baseball players were mic up.  
Why are we putting golfers in a different category? 

2 hours ago, dchoye said:

Its such an individual thing.  Why mic golfers and expect there would be no cussing.   It happens in every profession sports and probably more so in other sports if football players or baseball players were mic up.  

I don't think we are putting golfers in a different category. At least speaking for myself. I am not offended if golfers use profanity. Similarly, I'm not offended by any other athletes using profanity either. I do think the television should "bleep it" though. There are many reasons for that. 

The thing we are putting in a different category is the specific word that JT chose. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

On 1/21/2021 at 5:45 AM, Esox said:

And we all love each other like family,

And do you call your actual family n*****s and f*****s?

Colin P.

13 minutes ago, colin007 said:

And do you call your actual family n*****s and f*****s?

Wtf!

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I don't think we are putting golfers in a different category. At least speaking for myself. I am not offended if golfers use profanity. Similarly, I'm not offended by any other athletes using profanity either. I do think the television should "bleep it" though. There are many reasons for that. 

The thing we are putting in a different category is the specific word that JT chose. 

Please Let me know which cuss words are more acceptable. 

1 minute ago, dchoye said:

the "N" word is not a cuss word. The word JT used is not a cuss word. They are words that are specifically used towards specific groups of society in a derogatory way. 

I think most people understand social situation in that there are words you should not say and situations were certain other words you should not say at all depending on who you are or what your background is. 

Example, I cut down my cursing by 95% when I am in front of family, or when I am at my job, or when I am around my coworkers. There are words that do not exists in my vocabulary because I didn't grow up hearing them and also because I know I have no right to say them. 

Basically, it comes down to common sense.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

14 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Give "Aw shucks" a try...

I use "Pismo Beach" often as my curse word.  My dad always used that as a swear word in the car when I grew up.  It has a nice punch to it.  Oddly enough, I said it in a round one time with a family that grew up there.  Got awkward for a moment but he liked the idea that his hometown was used as a curse word. 😁

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

When I'm at school I say "WHAT THE FLYING FLOCK OF SEAGULLS" and it's always hilarious watching the kids' eyes get real wide the first time they hear me say it

• Funny 1

Colin P.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, dchoye said:

Well…

3 hours ago, dchoye said:

This topic was about JT saying “f***.” This year it hasn’t been about that word. I think you’re assuming we are talking about the original topic, not the homophobic slur.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 hours ago, dchoye said:

I really hope you can see the difference between using a general curse word, and using a word which is antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

However, if you want me to be more specific then let me illustrate through an example. Shouting something like "Aw, Shit!" in a large group of people is wrong, but it just makes you look like an under-educated or inarticulate person, or possible somebody who just has trouble controlling their emotions. Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate. It makes you look bad, but not really that big of a deal. By the same token shouting N****r or F****t in a large group of people makes you look like a BIGOT! 

Can you see the difference? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• iacas changed the title to Justin Thomas Curses and in 2021 Uses Homophobic Slurs

The new title makes sense with where this thread has gone. Good job. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I guess Citibank is gonna stay with him:

1611599801935.jpeg

In a blog post on their website, Citibank officials said they considered dropping Thomas...

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny