bkuehn1952

Your Lowest Nine Holes (Regulation Course)

48 posts / 1496 viewsLast Reply

10 hours ago, billchao said:

I can’t seem to recall having shot better than +2 on any given nine.

Same here. Did that a couple times in my league.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My best round ever included my best 9 holes ever.

July 4 fell on a Sunday a few years back, made a cursory appearance at a party, went to bed early and played Miami Shores all by myself the next day. For some reason I was unnaturally calm and went 43-39-82. 

I'm not entirely sure I have ever felt that relaxed before that day or since.

40. Multiple times. Never shot in the 30s for any 9 on a regulation sized golf course. The most recent round of memory was just two weeks ago where I tripled the 18th hole to shoot 42 on the back. Needed par to break 40 and it certainly didn't happen lol. 

I've shot a couple 32's in the past few months. I actually had two eagles in one round. Still shot a 69. I should have been about 7 or 8 under that day.😒

I've had a handful of 39s. Usually if I avoid a blow up hole I'll shoot in the low 40s for 9 holes, and if I can make a birdie putt or two I dip below 40.

Shot a 3 under 32 on a par 35 Front...then backed it up with a 41.  Only time I've ever broken par on a nine.

I'm definitely one who has trouble stringing 2 good nines together on same day!

A year or so ago I shot 28 on my par 35 course.  Some luck involved for sure. I holed my second shot on the first hole for eagle and then just hit it crazy close after that.  My longest putt was maybe 15’ on the 7th hole for birdie.  I remember telling myself a birdie would go along way when I was over the putt. That put me 6 under.  9 th hole after a good tee shot I hit my second to a foot and tapped in for -7.

I know I've shot 3-over for a 39.  i don't think I've done any better than that.  Yet.

Shot an even par 36 last year, but have yet to break par. I was -1 through 7 but got greedy after a poor tee shot and chunked a hero recovery attempt instead of punching out and just trying to make par.

Was +2 thru 5 holes and proceeded to go birdie, birdie, eagle, birde to finish the front with a 33......should have stopped drinking at that point, but didn't and the back got a little sloppy....but still a phenominal ballsriking day

1 under Par and it was 20+ years ago.  It was the only time also.  I had been close many times before that but always blew it on one of the last 2 holes.   Still remember how nice it felt.  In 2017 I was making significant progress again towards this.  Then injuries hit in 2018 & 2019 and now my game is just not even close.  

When I was in high school my home course was basically the most flat/basic/short little 9-hole course you can imagine. I would play it just about everyday in the summer so I got really got used to the shots I needed to hit. I remember my lowest score being -2 (33). That's still the only course I've ever even shot par at