bkuehn1952

Your Lowest Nine Holes (Regulation Course)

48 posts / 1563 viewsLast Reply

Golf is an 18 hole game.  We have all had great nines but they are often lost in the final total.  It is hard for many of us to sustain our "greatness" over a full 18.  Let's celebrate our 50% victory.  What was your best/lowest nine holes?

A golf buddy just shot a "30" on the back nine of a recent round.  The nine featured an eagle and a slew of birdies.  Since @gbogey is active on TST, maybe he will share a few highlights.

I managed 32 (par 35) long ago on my 60th birthday.  Final score was 71 (par 71).  That first nine was a somewhat out-of-body experience with sand saves and birdie putts going in. I still remember being a bit miffed when I missed the easiest birdie attempt from 4 feet.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot even par 36 at NCR CC North course once. It was the front nine which we played second. I was -1 going into these 3 9th. 3 putt bogey but it was a long first putt to a back pin. 

I've shot par (36) a few times for 9 holes but I've never been able to continue that pace for 18.    Always a work in progress.

I shot 38 (+2) once last year, which was actually my first ever post on this forum. I was -1 through four holes, then I made bogey on the fifth, double on the short par-4 sixth, and parred in from there. I did not play the back that day, although I wish I could’ve.

Edited by dagolfer18

I shot a 30 at my old track’s back 9. Honestly when can trust the driver every time, good results can happen. Plus sticking it tight on one of the par 3s. 

I’ve had two 32s this year. Both were on par 35 nines though. 

30, 5 under par during a tournament. Included one bogey, missed a 4 footer.  Funny how I shot a score I’m sure I’ll never top, but the thing I remember first, is missing a short putt! 

I've shot… 31 from regular tees? I shot 31-31 in the forward tee challenge once, but I'm not counting either of those. I shot 31/41 once to shoot even par. That was fun. I didn't play badly, I just got some rotten luck several times on the back.

Holed a couple of long putts on the front.

I shot a 37...once...on a course that was divided 37/35 front and back.  The 18th is a very short par 5 as well and par seems like a bogey.  Other than that...39 is my gold standard.

My club had a tournament at Harding, 18 holes, stroke play, from the blues.  I think this was summer 2016, might be summer 2017.  Anyway, after a first nine 46, I had a second nine 35, shot an 81 (at the time, my lowest ever 18 hole score too) and won the tournament.   I can dig up the game golf round for it if you want. :-) 

Thanks @bkuehn1952 I went 43/30 yesterday - pretty sure that's the biggest front/back differential I've had. Still haven't broken par. The back nine included 5 birdies and an eagle (and one bogey). The eagle was a pitch in from 30 yards, three of the birdies were +/- 10 feet, two were long putts of around 30 feet. The one on 18 was something to see - straight down a steep slope - my partner (scratch golfer) didn't think I could get it within five feet but it went right in. Ended up with six birdies for the round (personal best), an eagle (only my 8th), and ended the round with three straight birdies for first time ever.

Funny until yesterday I really couldn't have told you my best nine hole score. I know I've gone -2 a number of times and I think I may have been -3 once, but my focus has been on trying to break par (I've shot even par twice) so I haven't been paying attention to nine hole scores. Obviously I'll remember this one.