Sign in to follow this  
Puttin4Bird

Arnie's Event

Note: This thread is 4333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

75 posts / 16329 viewsLast Reply

I'm really gonna have a hard time explaining to my grand kids how good Tiger was :)

It's becoming more and more apparent that he is unarguably the best ever

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I mean its moments like this --the putt at the last ---the chip shot at Augusta that are moments that live on forever. I mean Tiger is BIGGER than the game. The way he comes up with shots in clutch moments make him the greatest ever. If i had a dime for every putt he made at the last hole to close out tournaments--i would die weatlthy

I'm really gonna have a hard time explaining to my grand kids how good Tiger was :)

It really is a great time ( Golf Time* ) that we are living in. To witness the greatest golfer that is ever going to play the game is truely amazing.

Cant wait for another 20 years when Tiger is hosting his own named Tournament. Just like Byron, Jack, and Arnie. Another point not related to Tigers brilliance. Did anyone notice that guy on the 18th when Vijah was hitting his approach. He said in the middle of Vijahs downswing " Hey Vijah, hit it in the water. " What a classless act. Honestly, if you were in the gallery would you not turn around and deck that guy. I hope he got what was coming to him.

Tiger owns golf it's just that simple.

Nobody has a chance of beating him we he wants to win. Only way he loses is when he doesn't care anymore. He is a golf prodigy and we can't understand.

Wow. Never count him out. Never. What is striking was the lack of young talent chasing him. Tiger has separated himself from the field but such a wide margin its laughable.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow. Never count him out. Never. What is striking was the lack of young talent chasing him. Tiger has separated himself from the field but such a wide margin its laughable.

Yea I know--i was saying when he shot Even Par 70 he was all but out after the first round because freddie couples shot 65. Hes a beast and is soo relentless.

Yea I know--i was saying when he shot Even Par 70 he was all but out after the first round because freddie couples shot 65. Hes a beast and is soo relentless.

Tiger's on the way to making this season a great companion to his historic 2000 season. I'm not sure if he'll win all four majors this season, but I wouldn't bet against it. He's pretty incredible, that's for sure.

On a side note, it's great to see two young guys like O'Hair and Mahan make a run at the title like they did this week. The future of golf is rich with talent. Hopefully one of these youngsters will give Tiger a run for his money at some point. Phil is the only remote possibility at this point.

Tiger is now winning events, instead of letting others lose events. From his competitor's point of view, it increases the pressure to perform a thousand-fold. 2 years ago, if you didn't give up shots, you would be right there with him at the end. Now, it's got to suck the life out of his competitors to know that you have to go low to win. And, even then, he might find a way to win.

i really was impressed with o'hair today. i didnt expect him to win but it is great experience for him. the more he gets used to playing against woods and others, the better he will become.

excellent final round by the top 6.

Unreal.... looked like it might have been an inch or two short....nope, right in the mailbox, shut the lid and raise the flag!

The ending is going to become a classic bar tale. Twenty five years from now, two guys are going to be re-hashing Tiger tales while sipping on some scotch, trying to top each other. One of them, will say:

"Yeah, that's true but I have a better story. 2008, Tiger is at Arnie's event, tied with Bart Bryant. He has not made a putt longer than 18 feet all week long. He's got a 24 footer, slight left to right. The putt looks good and the ball looks like it's going to be short. Sorta like that chip at Augusta. Anyway, the ball takes two more revolutions, you can see the Nike Logo, that's how slow it was, and it drops. Victory. You make a great putt, win the tourney, walk off 18 and Arnie is there to give you a giant hug and congratulate you."

Who would believe that story? Incredible. Great finish and I'm out of superlatives to describe Tiger's game.

"Yeah, that's true but I have a better story. 2008, Tiger is at Arnie's event, tied with Bart Bryant.

Bah, I call bullshit already. They're not going to remember Bart Bryant!

And c'mon, the rest of your story is false too. In 15 years, Tiger's putt will be 50 feet long, he'll have been tied with at least six people, and the putt will have 15 feet of break and traverse at least two mounds.

Bah, I call bullshit already. They're not going to remember Bart Bryant!

You really think they're going to forget the dinosaur in the lake that fronted the green?

You really think they're going to forget the dinosaur in the lake that fronted the green?

That was the loch ness monster, 1st official sighting by someone without bad teeth and/or living in a trailer park.

Seriously, I thoought he might back off because Nessie kept surfacing.

i really was impressed with o'hair today. i didnt expect him to win but it is great experience for him. the more he gets used to playing against woods and others, the better he will become.

Yes i have to say O'Heir is the best young sand player ive seen in a while. I must also say that I think Brandt Sndedeker has more raw talent than O'Hair--ive watched them at Oakmont--and believe me Brandt Snedeker is due for a major soon. Snedkeker is one of the most accurate players on the TOUR. O Hair just trys to rip it down there and trys to swing out of his distance. I feel like Snedeker is a guy who could win a British Open.

Are you saying for kicks and giggles that O'Hair and Ben Crane should be paired with Sabbatini?

that would be cool! rory would probably beat them to death with his adams

driver

Note: This thread is 4333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!