IGNORED

WTF? Baseball's Unwritten Rules?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well obviously I am in the minority here and it is useless to state my opinion without getting slammed. So I will bow out. I will however say this about Tatis I watched him play yesterday and he made two plays at shortstop that were plays of the week for sure. The young man certainly can play this game. 

10 minutes ago, shanksalot said:

Well obviously I am in the minority here and it is useless to state my opinion without getting slammed. So I will bow out. 

No need to bow out, just support your opinion with solid logic. 

You stated your opinion, and people explained why they disagreed with your logic. There's nothing wrong with that IMO.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, shanksalot said:

Well obviously I am in the minority here and it is useless to state my opinion without getting slammed. So I will bow out.

Oy.

I hate that disagreeing with people is seen as "getting slammed" these days.

f***ing man up and post a counter-argument. It's a forum - you discuss shit here. When did everyone become:

• so personally offended by disagreement
  • so pussy-fied that they can't engage in a discussion and back up their opinion(s)?

Probably forever, but man it feels like a relatively recent thing. Particularly the first.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, jamo said:

Will only add a few things things:

Right now, personally, I'm outraged at the people being outraged at the people being outraged by people breaking unwritten rules. 😉

Seriously though, you're last point is pretty accurate.  Outside of the one pitch behind the next batter and the one soundbite from each manager right after the game, I haven't heard anybody else really bothered by it, nor any continued annoyance on the part of the Rangers.  They seemed to have let it go that evening.  So it's mostly just the backlash over the backlash since then. 🙂

4 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Or just forget everything I said and focus on only this: I just did a quick search and counted at least 5 teams that scored 7 or more runs over the course of 2 innings in just the Fri-Sun weekend prior to that game.  Honestly, what else do you need besides that info to realize that idea that you should stop trying to score at that point is ludicrous?

I was going to mention this. The game has changed. A seven run deficit isn’t insurmountable. It’s definitely not “let’s bag it, boys,” territory.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

:cough: Ahem:

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0910%2Fr743285_1

Adam Duvall, Ronald Acuna Jr., Freddie Freeman & Co. put together a night like we've never seen before.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

:cough: Ahem:

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0910%2Fr743285_1

Adam Duvall, Ronald Acuna Jr., Freddie Freeman & Co. put together a night like we've never seen before.

Speaking of that game, here is a tweet that perfectly ties it to this thread:

Note: This thread is 1295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!