nevets88

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Is Amazing

14 posts / 1338 viewsLast Reply

That golf course looks pretty good. I want to fly over Bandon Dunes or Cabot Cliffs.

BA8ED140-CD6B-46A7-98CD-A53C82A20B20.jpeg

Wow. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, DeadMan said:

It’s really good. My computer is 4 years old and runs it pretty well, all things considered. 

Bummer. I don't have a gaming computer, this is coming to the Xbox, but it'll be a long wait. Looking at custom builds, looks like it'll cost at least 600 USD to run this thing.

Can you fly over Bandon Dunes and do a screencap, lol?

4 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I never got into flight simulator. 

I didn't either. I kept stalling and crashing. But the visuals in this one are amazing.

I had a flight sim for radio control planes.   It was great for learning new tricks on real RC planes.  It ran on Windows 98.   I could pick all different types of RC planes and using a realistic RC controller do several types of aerobatics.    I inquired about updating the software to Windows 10 and the price had jumped about 800% over what I paid back in the day.    I still have that old Windows 98 laptop and may fire it up to use the RC flight sim.

The MS 2020 flight sim does look great.  

If they bring it to Xbox I'll definitely buy it. The 2014 Mac Mini I have running Windows 10 in Bootcamp doesn't even come close to meeting the required specs for PCs, though. 

Last Microsoft FS I purchased was FS2004. At that time there was also a very active 3rd party ATC simulation that someone was able to merge the pieces, so not only were you flying from point A to point B, you were doing it under the control of live verbal ATC. I tried both parts, and it was always interesting seeing a plane appear on you radar screen, and the pilot reporting in.

I spent way too many hours flying from Chicago to LA, or Chicago to NY. Cross county would have kept me up all night.

On 8/21/2020 at 7:16 AM, nevets88 said:

Can you fly over Bandon Dunes and do a screencap, lol?

Here you go. These are on the lowest settings possible, FWIW.

597845184_Bandon2.thumb.png.41fdba13ff940978960f879a3bb2f8ad.png

1861234974_Bandon1.thumb.png.b3b474be4927cffc7fde3d33ee4e7649.png

12 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Here you go. These are on the lowest settings possible, FWIW.

597845184_Bandon2.thumb.png.41fdba13ff940978960f879a3bb2f8ad.png

1861234974_Bandon1.thumb.png.b3b474be4927cffc7fde3d33ee4e7649.png

Thanks! Pretty good, guessing it’s not  custom mapped. 

On 8/22/2020 at 10:16 AM, jamo said:

If they bring it to Xbox I'll definitely buy it. The 2014 Mac Mini I have running Windows 10 in Bootcamp doesn't even come close to meeting the required specs for PCs, though. 

I’m guessing it’s gonna be a long wait. A year? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.