Shindig

2020 The Northern Trust

17 posts / 1315 viewsLast Reply

First leg of the FedEx Cup Playoffs and we don't have a thread? 

We've had a 59 so far today, including nothing worse than a 4 for Scottie Scheffler.  

And DJ was 11 under through 11 holes before posting par-par on 12 and 13.  That's where he stands as I type this.  I think he's playing better on that course in reality than I remember doing on Xbox. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, Shindig said:

First leg of the FedEx Cup Playoffs and we don't have a thread? 

We've had a 59 so far today, including nothing worse than a 4 for Scottie Scheffler.  

And DJ was 11 under through 11 holes before posting par-par on 12 and 13.  That's where he stands as I type this.  I think he's playing better on that course in reality than I remember doing on Xbox. 

I see DJ is 15 under, so far. Also see, FWIW, that Tiger made the cut. Only got to see a few holes today. Hope to see more tomorrow and Sunday.

1 hour ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

Not fair I know, but disappointed in DJ's 60. 57 was on the table.

Yeah. He choked.🤭

Was pretty bummed when I saw how flat Tiger was yesterday. Looks like it's the same story today. 

32 minutes ago, jamo said:

Was pretty bummed when I saw how flat Tiger was yesterday. Looks like it's the same story today. 

Looks like the marquee group could be the first tee time of the day tomorrow - both Tiger & Rory are sliding down towards early starts on Sunday 

I woke up to an alert on my phone that Tiger is in a solo 69.  I have two problems with this alert, one, that isn't how that works, and two, that isn't what I meant when I said I want Tiger to get back to his old ways.  I meant the thing where he won a ton of golf tournaments!

2 hours ago, Shindig said:

Tiger is in a solo 69. that isn't how that works.

Welp, he's known for doing impossible feats.. 😋

It figures DJ would finish birdie-eagle on Thursday & Saturday, but par-par for a 60 on Friday. :-(  

DJ's best ball score for 18 holes this week is -16 and includes five pars. 

Not in the hunt, but Tiger is 5 under through 7 holes today. "Looking gooooood Billy Ray!"

Wow, Tiger almost got a no-fives round in today until he parred the par-5 18th. 

Still projected to drop a few spots in the FedEx Cup rankings, so he'll need a good week next week.  C'mon a win! 

22 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Welp, he's known for doing impossible feats.. 😋

Iseewhatyoudidthere.....

Dustin Johnson has a birdie putt coming up at a time when only one player is within 11 shots of him. 

DJ will have to settle for a front-nine 90 today, and there went his last chance to birdie #9.  A par will remain on his ringer scorecard for the week. 

... and it looks like five holes (9, 13, 14, 15, 16) will remain with par as the best score for Dustin Johnson all week. 

That was a freaking curb stomping this week. That dude is frightening when he's on. 

DJ's win today was the closest I have felt to watching vintage Tiger in a long time.  

Tiger Woods this weekend, not so much.

On 8/23/2020 at 7:43 PM, colin007 said:

That was a freaking curb stomping this week. That dude is frightening when he's on. 

I like it. DJ has two gears - indifferent and frightening. Thing is you can't tell which one is he trucking on unless you look at the scoreboard.. lol.