IGNORED

Post-COVID Outing(s)… Maybe 2021?

Hello fellow Upstate New York Golfers,

I hope we're all staying safe during these difficult times. I had a thought that is just in the brainstorming stage, but I'd like to throw around some ideas from some sort of get together in 2021 at some point... I'd say that we could do it this summer, but you know COVID, thanks COVID. @colin007 and @RFKFREAK may have some ideas where we could play that is Centralized for everyone and about an equal trip for everyone. Or do rotating regions...(yes I'm talking to you Buffalo and Rochester area members). Any ideas?

One of my ideas was to do a Central/Southern Tier meets Mohawk Valley/Capital Region at say Leatherstocking in Cooperstown. Or we could maybe do like regional outings with people from our region and bigger meeting, post COVID... any suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks,

Shane @onthehunt526

Edited by onthehunt526
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would definitely be down for Leatherstocking.

Also, WTF are you doing up at 3 in the morning my mans?

• iacas changed the title to Post-COVID Outing(s)… Maybe 2021?
13 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

Hello fellow Upstate New York Golfers,

I hope we're all staying safe during these difficult times. I had a thought that is just in the brainstorming stage, but I'd like to throw around some ideas from some sort of get together in 2021 at some point... I'd say that we could do it this summer, but you know COVID, thanks COVID. @colin007 and @RFKFREAK may have some ideas where we could play that is Centralized for everyone and about an equal trip for everyone. Or do rotating regions...(yes I'm talking to you Buffalo and Rochester area members). Any ideas?

One of my ideas was to do a Central/Southern Tier meets Mohawk Valley/Capital Region at say Leatherstocking in Cooperstown. Or we could maybe do like regional outings with people from our region and bigger meeting, post COVID... any suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks,

Shane @onthehunt526

I don't know about anyone else but COVID-19 hasn't stopped me from golfing and wouldn't stop me from meeting up with folks to play a round.  Maintaining social distancing isn't that hard on the golf course.

• 4 months later...

I moved from Ithaca to Norwich so I’m now only about 45 minutes from Cooperstown and 90 minutes from Albany. Any suggestions now that I’m in Norwich...

• 4 months later...

Calling @colin007,@RFKFREAK,Elmer, et al. As I live in Norwich now, I am a hell of a lot more Central than I was in Ithaca. I think Leatherstocking could be fun. Or perhaps I could come to the Capital Region, I’m really only an hour and forty-five minutes away now.

1 hour ago, onthehunt526 said:

Calling @colin007,@RFKFREAK,Elmer, et al. As I live in Norwich now, I am a hell of a lot more Central than I was in Ithaca. I think Leatherstocking could be fun. Or perhaps I could come to the Capital Region, I’m really only an hour and forty-five minutes away now.

Life is a little hectic right now but I'm a few weeks i should be able to meet up for a round.

• Like 1

Hey Shane, I'll be finished with school in a few weeks. Utica is also kinda equidistant.

• Like 1

I just don’t want to do Turning Stone... if we can find a course within an hour of you guys and me... we can do it... maybe can get ahold of the Syracuse area people and workout maybe a 6-8 person outing. Just good fun.

22 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

I just don’t want to do Turning Stone... if we can find a course within an hour of you guys and me... we can do it... maybe can get ahold of the Syracuse area people and workout maybe a 6-8 person outing. Just good fun.

I have no interest in Turning Stone either. The muni in Utica is actually a pretty decent muni, I think it's called Valley View

(edited)
12 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I have no interest in Turning Stone either. The muni in Utica is actually a pretty decent muni, I think it's called Valley View

That’s what I thought the name was. 

So is Torrey Pines... There’s Barker Brook but that’s a little more my way. I’ll see what it says. Besides I have 2 greens fees from my girlfriend’s cousins that I can use somewhere.

Ok, for $40 with a cart a Robert Trent Jones course... yes please. I can’t even play Canasawacta 2 miles from me for that.

This will probably merge... anyone who is within an hour of Valley View in New Hartford (I’m actually not that far away... maybe an hour)... Roll Call if you’re in this group and interested in an Outing at a Robert Trent Jones Golf Course at Valley View. Either post in the thread or PM me.

Edited by onthehunt526
Added info on cost.