IGNORED

2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot

iacas
Note: This thread is 1305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Which green is that?  😁

The ones on courses I play!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Geez!  Without any spectators, how many will lose their ball in that rough?

I imagine at least few of the players will have to take a lost ball penalty.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator

Brooks is out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well, I got ESPN+ for the PGA now I guess I'll have to look into getting Peacock for the USO.  I know a lot of this is about money, but can't they just show all of it on the Golf Channel?

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Brooks is out.

Glad about this. Almost completely wiped him from my memory until seeing this post. I used to appreciate him a lot more, but over the last 3-4 months I've lost a lot of respect because of his comments he makes about others and the lies that he was telling about his injuries.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

the lies that he was telling about his injuries.

Why do you care about that? It’s his body. Others have lied about injuries.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

44 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

In previous years didn't they stream the US Open on the official app like they do the Masters or am I thinking of something different.

I think they would stream a particular group and a couple of holes on the USGA app.  But not the full tournament.

The good thing I see on the coverage schedule is there is no 30 minute gap when they switch from Peacock to GOLF Channel or form GOLF Channel to NBC.  I always hated that.  Here I am watching a player play a hole, looking forward to the next shot, then they switch channels and I miss the next 30 minutes.  Hopefully they stick to coverage of actual shots and do not feel the need to recap when doing the channel changes.

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

They lie about injuries in many other sports as well.  Some of it is strategic, other may be privacy.  Rory & Erica kept their baby secret for quite a while.  It is also possible something was not fully diagnosed.  It should be the players choice what personal information is disclosed and when.  

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

I value honesty. When he was getting stretched out ever hole and a half and then goes to the press afterwards and says he's fine, even though it's clear he isn't, I think less of him. I don't that is a hot take or anything.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

I value honesty. When he was getting stretched out ever hole and a half and then goes to the press afterwards and says he's fine, even though it's clear he isn't, I think less of him. I don't that is a hot take or anything.

It’s his body and his health and privacy. Someone isn’t obligated to be honest in giving up their own health info and privacy.

That’s a ridiculous stance to take. He’s not depriving you of anything.

Also, other sports intentionally hide that info for good reasons.

• Like 1

Since it’s Winged Foot I may as well share my Phil Mickelson story with you all. I was there when he blew it on 18. Not only was I there but I was on my knees under the rope directly across from him as he lined up for his drive on 18. As he walked into the box I said, and I quote, “ come on Phil! Hit it down the middle and let’s go get that trophy!”  Phil being Phil looked at me, nodded his head and smiled at me. When he hit his errant drive I could not see it because I was so low to the ground surrounded by a mob of people. I just started cheering immediately until I saw his reaction. My wife kneed me in the back because of how bad my timing was. The rest is history. 

I’ve had the pleasure of getting up close to Phil a number of times at Quail Hollow and Augusta since then and every time I do he seems to blow up. Out of respect to him I have stopped going near him whenever I’m at a tournament. I’m his Kryptonite. I’d love to meet him someday to ask if he remembers our encounter before taking the single shot that has haunted him for 15 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Antneye said:

I just started cheering immediately until I saw his reaction.

My wife kneed me in the back because of how bad my timing was. The rest is history. 

LMAO

Thanks for the bad FIGJAM Karma.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iacas said:

It’s his body and his health and privacy. Someone isn’t obligated to be honest in giving up their own health info and privacy.

That’s a ridiculous stance to take. He’s not depriving you of anything.

Also, other sports intentionally hide that info for good reasons.

It's not like it was a secret. He was visibly in pain. He can't hide it when he is laying on the ground every other hole. To get to the post round interview and deny it makes me think less of him. He should know that everyone can see it and just say "I'm working through some health stuff right now, but trying my hardest."

I agree that people aren't obligated to give up health info and privacy, this isn't what this is about. Everyone could see that he is hurt, and then he denies it, which is a bad look to me.

The only thing he is depriving anyone of is honesty.

I don't know about other sports, so I can't speak on it, but I would guess you are talking about team sports. I bet if Michael Phelps or Usain Bolt were going to miss the Olympics due to injury that everyone would know about it.

On a lighter note...

noonan.jpg

Michael O'Keefe, the actor who played Danny Noonan in "Caddyshack," has secured a caddie gig for next week's U.S. Open at Winged Foot.

- Shane

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

On a lighter note...

noonan.jpg

Michael O'Keefe, the actor who played Danny Noonan in "Caddyshack," has secured a caddie gig for next week's U.S. Open at Winged Foot.

I am curious if Balin's "Tournament" caddy will follow along on the practice rounds.  I've always assumed the practice rounds are just as important for the caddies as for the players.  Given it is a practice round I would think there is no prohibition to that.

Stuart M.

This is a cool poster.

walkertrolleys_78937023_613172652825312_1518930879824447489_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 1305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!