IGNORED

2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot

iacas
Note: This thread is 1280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A bookie accepted 45K on 75 to 1 odds Mickelson will win, around a 3.3 million payout. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

A bookie accepted 45K on 75 to 1 odds Mickelson will win, around a 3.3 million payout. 

So the bookie made $45k? Okay. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am bummed Keopka isn’t playing. I like a dude that knows his game and doesn’t care about much else. Good for golf in my opinion. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I’m rooting for JT or Xander. I’m a little curious about Bryson, I think it’s a MC if he plays his usual aggressive plan.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

On 9/12/2020 at 9:19 AM, ChrisP said:

I think the days of being the next Tiger and Jack are over. I think there may be guys that get close to their talent, but it won’t just be one...it’ll be several at once. I think we’re seeing a change in golf now with the huge youth movement coming in. I think Morikawa and Wolff will be the face of the sport by the end of next year and then three years from now it’ll be a couple more new 22-year olds. 

In his 1995 autobiography Jack said the age of the superstar is over.  Then Tiger burst on the scene.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Some practice round swings. Woods and DeChambeau.

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 9/11/2020 at 9:00 PM, Antneye said:

I never warmed to Spieth. I just find him to be arrogant and hard to root for. I'm a sucker for lost causes so, while I'm still team Phil, Fowler has become my go-to to route for. 

I never warmed to Spieth, either.  I never found him arrogant, though, I just felt the golf announcers and commentators were absolutely gaga about him which I found annoying.  The only thing I didn't like was his complaining when things weren't going his way but I'm not really going to hold that against him because there are others that behave similarly. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

22 hours ago, turtleback said:

In his 1995 autobiography Jack said the age of the superstar is over.  Then Tiger burst on the scene.

I think Jack was one generation off. I think the age of it is over now. I think we’re in a day and age where it will be 10-15 superstars that will shine above the rest. But I don’t think it will be one. But hey, you never know. It’s just gonna be hard.

Looking at the weather forecast this week at Winged Foot leaves me to believe that +10 might not be a bad score to sign with come Sunday. Dry, windy, and cool. Throw in high rough, narrow fairways and fast greens and a very long course for a par-70.

Not sure if i'm looking forward to  the "Winged Foot Blood Bath Part 2". I like to see a little bit of aggressive golf. Totally defensive is not that much fun to watch. I get bored watching guys grid over 12 foot par putts on every hole. Tough is good but not all day, every day. Be nice to see someone have to hit a shot (take a chance) now and again. Pitching out sideways with a sand wedge is not my idea of good golf (as far as viewing a tournament). 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

35 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

Not sure if i'm looking forward to  the "Winged Foot Blood Bath Part 2".

I say bust their 350-yard driving, endorsement-peddling heads in.

Golf balls, blood, brains and bits of skull all over the greater Mamaronek area! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Golf balls, blood, brains and bits of skull all over the greater Mamaronek area! 

Unfortunately no spectators to witness the carnage.  But we can see it all in slow-motion, close up, instant replay on TV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

:-$

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

6 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

Not sure if i'm looking forward to  the "Winged Foot Blood Bath Part 2". I like to see a little bit of aggressive golf. Totally defensive is not that much fun to watch. I get bored watching guys grid over 12 foot par putts on every hole. Tough is good but not all day, every day. Be nice to see someone have to hit a shot (take a chance) now and again. Pitching out sideways with a sand wedge is not my idea of good golf (as far as viewing a tournament). 

Some may differ, but I feel a bad shot should have a consequence.  As others have said, "These guys are good" and many can hit well out of the rough at many tournaments. There will be risk and reward choices the players will need to make.  I expect some to be aggressive if they are feeling confident with their game or on Sunday when they need to catch the leader.  Hopefully we will see an exciting finish.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

On 9/11/2020 at 9:00 PM, Antneye said:

I never warmed to Spieth. I just find him to be arrogant 

To be fair, at age 21-22 if I accomplished a quarter of what he did I would full on have started referring to myself in third person... lol.

Vishal S.

28 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You mean like Jimmy did on Seinfeld?

Yeah. Ha. Jimmy could have been a show by himself. 

I am sure Spieth thought he would do well on tour but prolly had to pinch himself everyday for a while as even he had to marvel at the riches flowing out of him. Now things have inexplicably dried up and poor fella's hobbling around looking for his 'stapler'. Nobody can explain. Bit sad but he is still young. 

Golf at the highest level remains an enigma.   

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 1280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!