Jump to content
iacas

2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot

373 posts / 10739 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Wolff win would be good for golf. Wolff-Morikawa the perfect rivalry. Two such contrasting styles but yet so young and talented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea how Wolff did what he did today, these friggen guys play a different game than the rest of us...  insane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you to the USGA for cutting the rough just that little bit on Wednesday,

Signed,

DeChambeau and Wolff


I know opinions are prolly mixed on this, but I just don’t like this new power game that BDC is bringing to golf. I don’t think it helps the game to be able to bomb and gauge and do away with accuracy off the tee. Accuracy off the tee is basically Non-existent now. It’s like the NBA. It used to be about shooting and now it’s about size and dunking which is part of the reason I don’t watch that league anymore.

Edited by ChrisP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

 

I was thinking the same thing - everyone is just now realizing/seeing what @iacas & Dave Wedzik have been preaching for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really hope is doesn’t turn into a 2 player shoot out tomorrow. Would be a great last round if they both drop a couple of shots early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three days and the leader is only 5 under? I think Winged Foot is definitely doing something right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I was busy playing a 6 hour round today but how the heck did Wolff shoot a 65 while only hitting two fairways?! 😳

He said he got decent lies in the rough. Others weren’t so lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I was busy playing a 6 hour round today but how the heck did Wolff shoot a 65 while only hitting two fairways?! 😳

Some of those misses included the first cut, which is barely longer than the fairway, or fringes, or fairway bunkers (where lies can be okay).

He drove the ball well.

Danny Lee didn't putt the ball well here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Some of those misses included the first cut, which is barely longer than the fairway, or fringes, or fairway bunkers (where lies can be okay).

He drove the ball well.

Danny Lee didn't putt the ball well here:

 

I mean, we all get frustrated but that's just sophomoric.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Thank you to the USGA for cutting the rough just that little bit on Wednesday,

Signed,

DeChambeau and Wolff


I know opinions are prolly mixed on this, but I just don’t like this new power game that BDC is bringing to golf. I don’t think it helps the game to be able to bomb and gauge and do away with accuracy off the tee. Accuracy off the tee is basically Non-existent now. It’s like the NBA. It used to be about shooting and now it’s about size and dunking which is part of the reason I don’t watch that league anymore.

I hear you and agree that we all can appreciate those who are skilled in their respective sports rather than simply over-powering a sport, but I would offer that all of the time and effort today’s athletes put into their training and bodies is probably a bigger requirement to be successful in today’s era than in the day’s of our fathers and grandfathers, thus power naturally becomes a bigger factor in the sport than in years past. As athletes get bigger, stronger, faster, sports will inevitably change/evolve in they way they are played out.  If you seriously don’t want to watch golfers over power courses and the sport in the years to come, there’s always the Champions Tour to watch 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Never know Wolff's swing was so unusual.  That twitch he has to start it is also interesting.  It's def going to distract me as I watch today's final round. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

I hear you and agree that we all can appreciate those who are skilled in their respective sports rather than simply over-powering a sport, but I would offer that all of the time and effort today’s athletes put into their training and bodies is probably a bigger requirement to be successful in today’s era than in the day’s of our fathers and grandfathers, thus power naturally becomes a bigger factor in the sport than in years past. As athletes get bigger, stronger, faster, sports will inevitably change/evolve in they way they are played out.  If you seriously don’t want to watch golfers over power courses and the sport in the years to come, there’s always the Champions Tour to watch 🙃

I mean, I’ll still watch and I agree it’s not on the players themselves...they’re just trying to take advantage of the current day and age with getting bigger and stronger. I would just like to see the PGA combat that more, whether it be tweaking equipment or growing out rough to insane levels at over 300 yards.

My concern is simply this: accuracy off the tee isn’t as big a deal anymore...hitting it 400 yards is. I’m just hoping that trend in the game doesn’t continue.

Edited by ChrisP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can be wrong, but Danny Lee has the optics of quitting like a whiny little baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Watching the U.S. Open right now is like watching the golfers at your local muni on a Sunday morning. They are all 15 over par.

Hey! I resemble that remark! Lol. Headed to the course here in a bit so gonna miss a good chunk of the action today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • TST Affiliates

    SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
  • Posts

    • Apparently not very consistently.  Some days are better than others. Due to the dead scaphoid bone that supports my left thump, I usually have too much finger pressure in my left hand, leading to a dead slice if I don't consciously release through impact.. I keep my hand strength up through regular exercise with the devils backhoe (a shovel, doing road work) I was retired for a while but decided to reenter the workforce as a grunt, getting paid to exercise while being outdoors, while waiting for my young bride to qualify for a full pension.  Years ago I had ER  Drs who wanted to fuse the thumb. I declined. My regular orthopedic Dr says if I keep my hand strength anywhere near where it is I may never need it fused. I may be a bit -um- rotund, but I am still very strong for being 61. I am going to read that blog. Sounds interesting, and I will try the Snells, never heard of them till now. Thanks guys!
    • Day 52 - Didn’t get around to filming, but still took some swings; working on my setup. 
    • Day 318 Did a superspeed workout, then some work on backswing/takeaway priority piece, and started working again on hip turn priority piece.
    • 2018 PGA Championship: DeChambeau wins long drive 10th Check out the results from the annual long drive contest at the 10th hole of Bellerive during a practice round. This was pre bulk up plan.  The 2 swings he had were called "the fairway finder" and "the crank." 
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. 4FrugalGolfers
      4FrugalGolfers
      (74 years old)
    2. basketcase01
      basketcase01
      (42 years old)
    3. JimF27
      JimF27
      (69 years old)
    4. Mark Bradshaw
      Mark Bradshaw
      (59 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...