iacas

2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot

373 posts / 10496 viewsLast Reply

Wolff win would be good for golf. Wolff-Morikawa the perfect rivalry. Two such contrasting styles but yet so young and talented.

No idea how Wolff did what he did today, these friggen guys play a different game than the rest of us...  insane

Thank you to the USGA for cutting the rough just that little bit on Wednesday,

Signed,

DeChambeau and Wolff

I know opinions are prolly mixed on this, but I just don’t like this new power game that BDC is bringing to golf. I don’t think it helps the game to be able to bomb and gauge and do away with accuracy off the tee. Accuracy off the tee is basically Non-existent now. It’s like the NBA. It used to be about shooting and now it’s about size and dunking which is part of the reason I don’t watch that league anymore.

Edited by ChrisP

10 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I was thinking the same thing - everyone is just now realizing/seeing what @iacas & Dave Wedzik have been preaching for years. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really hope is doesn’t turn into a 2 player shoot out tomorrow. Would be a great last round if they both drop a couple of shots early.

Three days and the leader is only 5 under? I think Winged Foot is definitely doing something right.

9 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I was busy playing a 6 hour round today but how the heck did Wolff shoot a 65 while only hitting two fairways?! 😳

He said he got decent lies in the rough. Others weren’t so lucky.

10 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I was busy playing a 6 hour round today but how the heck did Wolff shoot a 65 while only hitting two fairways?! 😳

Some of those misses included the first cut, which is barely longer than the fairway, or fringes, or fairway bunkers (where lies can be okay).

He drove the ball well.

Danny Lee didn't putt the ball well here:

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Some of those misses included the first cut, which is barely longer than the fairway, or fringes, or fairway bunkers (where lies can be okay).

He drove the ball well.

Danny Lee didn't putt the ball well here:

I mean, we all get frustrated but that's just sophomoric.   

14 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Thank you to the USGA for cutting the rough just that little bit on Wednesday,

Signed,

DeChambeau and Wolff

I know opinions are prolly mixed on this, but I just don’t like this new power game that BDC is bringing to golf. I don’t think it helps the game to be able to bomb and gauge and do away with accuracy off the tee. Accuracy off the tee is basically Non-existent now. It’s like the NBA. It used to be about shooting and now it’s about size and dunking which is part of the reason I don’t watch that league anymore.

I hear you and agree that we all can appreciate those who are skilled in their respective sports rather than simply over-powering a sport, but I would offer that all of the time and effort today’s athletes put into their training and bodies is probably a bigger requirement to be successful in today’s era than in the day’s of our fathers and grandfathers, thus power naturally becomes a bigger factor in the sport than in years past. As athletes get bigger, stronger, faster, sports will inevitably change/evolve in they way they are played out.  If you seriously don’t want to watch golfers over power courses and the sport in the years to come, there’s always the Champions Tour to watch 🙃

Never know Wolff's swing was so unusual.  That twitch he has to start it is also interesting.  It's def going to distract me as I watch today's final round. 😄

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

I hear you and agree that we all can appreciate those who are skilled in their respective sports rather than simply over-powering a sport, but I would offer that all of the time and effort today’s athletes put into their training and bodies is probably a bigger requirement to be successful in today’s era than in the day’s of our fathers and grandfathers, thus power naturally becomes a bigger factor in the sport than in years past. As athletes get bigger, stronger, faster, sports will inevitably change/evolve in they way they are played out.  If you seriously don’t want to watch golfers over power courses and the sport in the years to come, there’s always the Champions Tour to watch 🙃

I mean, I’ll still watch and I agree it’s not on the players themselves...they’re just trying to take advantage of the current day and age with getting bigger and stronger. I would just like to see the PGA combat that more, whether it be tweaking equipment or growing out rough to insane levels at over 300 yards.

My concern is simply this: accuracy off the tee isn’t as big a deal anymore...hitting it 400 yards is. I’m just hoping that trend in the game doesn’t continue.

Edited by ChrisP

I can be wrong, but Danny Lee has the optics of quitting like a whiny little baby

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Watching the U.S. Open right now is like watching the golfers at your local muni on a Sunday morning. They are all 15 over par.

Hey! I resemble that remark! Lol. Headed to the course here in a bit so gonna miss a good chunk of the action today.