IGNORED

2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot

iacas
Note: This thread is 1302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The rough looks NASTY...I hope the winning score is +3 or +5....and we get to see all the pros and Am's suffering and crying like babies.

Could we see a few 3 minute limit penalties for a lost ball in the rough?

I can confidently say as an 8 cap....100+ for me...heck 110+ wouldn't be far off neither.😰

Edited by Mr22putt

20 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Mamaronek

This is a great word for a sobriety test.😜

Officer: Walk this line and say Mamaronek three times fast.

Driver: Mmmmamamm...

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger, Morikawa, and JT are paired together the first 2 rounds.

JT was 1st and Morikawa was 2nd in strokes gained approach for 2019-2020 and Tiger is widely considered the best iron player ever, looking forward to watching all 3 of them together

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

22 hours ago, ChrisP said:

They get the north wind on the weekend, which is the cold wind. As someone who’s played winged foot once in that cold wind, it’s not fun. 

What did you shoot?

2 hours ago, klineka said:

Tiger, Morikawa, and JT are paired together the first 2 rounds.

JT was 1st and Morikawa was 2nd in strokes gained approach for 2019-2020 and Tiger is widely considered the best iron player ever, looking forward to watching all 3 of them together

Ugh, and I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday and will be out all day! 🙁

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

20 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

What did you shoot?

Upper 90s...and I'm a scratch golfer. Brutal course. Greens are the toughest part. I had more three and four-putts that day than I've had in my last 10 rounds combined. Shinnecock is next on my list of New York courses to play, but Winged Foot is up there with Bethpage as one of the best NE courses I've played. Still, have to rank Sand Hills in Nebraska as my favorite. Excited to play Chambers Bay next month for the first time.

I think I will subscribe to Peacock for a month. 

Irons: 0.5 inch short and 2* Flat Mavrik 5 to AW (AW-105, PW-120, 9-135, 8-145) The lofts for these clubs are about 3* to 5* stronger  than standard.

Wedges: Mizuno MP-R series 52* and 56*. (80, 60)

Nickent: 4DX 2 hybrid 17* and 4 hybrid 23* (185 and 170 carry)

3 Wood: Tour Edge XGC 13* (195 carry)

Driver: Callaway FT IZ Driver 9* (210 carry, ~230 total)

I wonder what are the odds? DJ is probably the favorite. With Collin Morikawa, JT, Rahm,and McIroy have similar odds.

Irons: 0.5 inch short and 2* Flat Mavrik 5 to AW (AW-105, PW-120, 9-135, 8-145) The lofts for these clubs are about 3* to 5* stronger  than standard.

Wedges: Mizuno MP-R series 52* and 56*. (80, 60)

Nickent: 4DX 2 hybrid 17* and 4 hybrid 23* (185 and 170 carry)

3 Wood: Tour Edge XGC 13* (195 carry)

Driver: Callaway FT IZ Driver 9* (210 carry, ~230 total)

6 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Thank god for a cold front. Without it, Sally would head right up to the NE and knock out play for prolly two days. The front will block it from making a visit.

Hey Chris, what's the weather going to be like in Bellingham for the next 2 days?  Can I play golf?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, khalespace said:

I wonder what are the odds? DJ is probably the favorite. With Collin Morikawa, JT, Rahm,and McIroy have similar odds.

If only there was a way to look them up… 😉

dustinjohnson072319gettyftr_1r1sy6uadt66

Sporting News breaks down the 2020 U.S. Open and who has the best chance of winning it, including odds, betting favorites, expert picks and prop bets.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Upper 90s...and I'm a scratch golfer. Brutal course. Greens are the toughest part. I had more three and four-putts that day than I've had in my last 10 rounds combined. Shinnecock is next on my list of New York courses to play, but Winged Foot is up there with Bethpage as one of the best NE courses I've played. Still, have to rank Sand Hills in Nebraska as my favorite. Excited to play Chambers Bay next month for the first time.

LOL - I can only imagine the monstrous number I'd put up. :-$ 

Christian

18 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

LOL - I can only imagine the monstrous number I'd put up. :-$ 

You'd be surprised how well you might score when playing an extremely challenging course. I played Bethpage Black when I was shooting low 90's and shot a 104 while playing what felt like the best round of golf I had ever played. It was my happiest over 100 ever.  

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, khalespace said:

I think I will subscribe to Peacock for a month. 

I signed up to Peacock without giving them my CC# and was able to watch some tv shows (with ads) and according to what I'm reading, US Open is free.

So my account is not premium, didn't give a lick of money to Peacock and this is what I see. There is no premium label on the streams. For example, there is for the Tour de France, so I assume the golf is free.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 3.41.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 3.41.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 3.40.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 3.40.48 PM.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

20 minutes ago, Antneye said:

You'd be surprised how well you might score when playing an extremely challenging course. I played Bethpage Black when I was shooting low 90's and shot a 104 while playing what felt like the best round of golf I had ever played. It was my happiest over 100 ever.  

I actually played Winged Foot well off the tee. But the greens there are the toughest I’ve ever played in my life. I don’t lie when I say I had a couple four-putts and I’m not a three-putt player. It is brutally tough.

I heard they cut the rough today and when asked why the superintendent said because they were afraid the winning score could be extremely high   If they didn’t. Apparently the course is really dry and firm and it’s supposed to get drier. There’s worry the greens could get out of control this week. I loved Rory’s quite. They asked him if under par could win and he laughed and said “Not a chance.”

Edited by ChrisP

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, ChrisP said:

I loved Rory’s quite. They asked him if under par could win and he laughed and said “Not a chance.”

I love Rory. :-$

He'll be my number two this week behind Phil, of course. 

Christian

7 hours ago, ChrisP said:

I had a similar experience when I played the Plantation course at Kapalua. It was the first course that hosts tour events I'd ever played. I actually struck the ball super well that day. But bounced a few 30-80 yard shots through the green after landing them near my target and rolled two long putts fully off the green. Learned my less on the back hitting the ball like I wanted it to go 1 foot and watching it trickle ~70ft! Shot a 92 that day that I was super proud of!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Note: This thread is 1302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!