FeMan

Club Fitting - Which Club First? Putter?

5 posts / 526 viewsLast Reply

My wife , bless her,  got me a gift card for a club fitting session at a local fitter here in Houston. It’s good for one club and I am leaning toward a putter fitting or a fairway wood fit.

I am a Senior newbie player and I’m hitting my Driver (Big Bertha ) 200 yards  or so with little dispersion 

Have not purchased a Fairway wood and am using my 4 iron currently

Putter is a cheap $50 something or other I got on sale

Know both would help my game immensely just looking on feedback for prioritization 

Welcome to TST.    We're glad you've found us.

You're going to be the one to ultimately decide how the fitting goes.   Usually fittings are broken down into different club categories: drivers, woods/hybrids, irons, wedges, putters.     

Is the gift card just a fitting or the fitting and purchase?     From your description of your bag it sounds like you could either use a fairway wood or a hybrid to fill in some gaps.   

What you may find, some places will offer free fittings with the purchase of the clubs.   Check around.   

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You cannot make a poor choice.  Your wife gave you a gift...that's plenty good right there.  Pick something and feel good about it.  We should all be so lucky.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, FeMan said:

My wife , bless her,  got me a gift card for a club fitting session at a local fitter here in Houston. It’s good for one club and I am leaning toward a putter fitting or a fairway wood fit.

I am a Senior newbie player and I’m hitting my Driver (Big Bertha ) 200 yards  or so with little dispersion 

Have not purchased a Fairway wood and am using my 4 iron currently

Putter is a cheap $50 something or other I got on sale

Know both would help my game immensely just looking on feedback for prioritization 

I think I would get my putter out of the way first as you probably need it every hole vs the fairway wood. But it's very nice  that your wife got you that fitting gift and imo you really can't go wrong whichever club you get fit for for first. Good luck. 

Edited by BeCu

11 hours ago, BeCu said:

I think I would get my putter out of the way first as you probably need it every hole vs the fairway wood. But it's very nice  that your wife got you that fitting gift and imo you really can't go wrong whichever club you get fit for for first. Good luck. 

That was pretty much my thinking. Will use putter on every hole.

Fairway wood and/or a hybrid next

Thanks

Edited by FeMan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.