Skydiver Scott

Bryson Wins. Is That Bad?

86 posts / 2799 viewsLast Reply

I was rooting against Bryson. Bryson is just so big, muscular and athletic that it is hard for most average golfers to related to. His swing is also not pretty to look at. Obviously it worked for him. I am really surprised to find out that many golfers drove longer than Bryson in the tournament.

I like Justin Thomas, Collin Morikawa and golfers with smaller stature that amateurs can related to. 

1 hour ago, khalespace said:

like Justin Thomas, Collin Morikawa and golfers with smaller stature that amateurs can related to. 

I can’t relate to any tour player. I’d have a much better shot at bulking up than playing golf the way any of them do. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I can’t relate to any tour player. I’d have a much better shot at bulking up than playing golf the way any of them do. 

We can always dream 🤣. Here I can't even solve my flipping problem.

I was rooting against Bryson. Bryson is just so big, muscular and athletic that it is hard for most average golfers to related to.

The fact that an average golfer can't relate to them is a silly reason to root against someone IMO. Keeping that logic consistent you should be rooting against every player on tour then. 

I am really surprised to find out that many golfers drove longer than Bryson in the tournament.

But when you look at strokes gained off the tee, which combines distance and accuracy, he was second only to Rory.

I like Justin Thomas, Collin Morikawa and golfers with smaller stature that amateurs can related to. 

Again, that logic doesn't make sense to me. I'm quite a bit taller and bigger than both of them and I still can't relate to them because they hit it further, straighter, and more consistent than I ever will.

10 minutes ago, khalespace said:

We can always dream 🤣. Here I can't even solve my flipping problem.

I got pissed at myself one day on the range from this flipping mess. I took the club in my trail hand and bent back my wrist and just hit dozens of balls one handed. Then I just placed my lead hand on flat without gripping and hit a few more dozen. All slowly and focused. Try this. 

2 minutes ago, klineka said:

Again, that logic doesn't make sense to me. I'm quite a bit taller and bigger than both of them and I still can't relate to them because they hit it further, straighter, and more consistent than I ever will.

There can be other things that are relatable than just skill set.  I have a friend who relates to Rory because they both like Domino's pizza, loaded.

36 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

There can be other things that are relatable than just skill set.  I have a friend who relates to Rory because they both like Domino's pizza, loaded.

Legit Rory's worst trait IMO is his taste in pizza. 🤮

Just now, RFKFREAK said:

Legit Rory's worst trait IMO is his taste in pizza. 🤮

Living in Ireland and Florida doesn't lend itself to knowing much about pizza.

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I got pissed at myself one day on the range from this flipping mess. I took the club in my trail hand and bent back my wrist and just hit dozens of balls one handed. Then I just placed my lead hand on flat without gripping and hit a few more dozen. All slowly and focused. Try this. 

Try it with the other hand. 

5 hours ago, khalespace said:

I was rooting against Bryson. Bryson is just so big, muscular and athletic that it is hard for most average golfers to related to. His swing is also not pretty to look at. Obviously it worked for him. I am really surprised to find out that many golfers drove longer than Bryson in the tournament.

I think more people can relate to the fat one.

I'm betting his biggest fan is Patrick Reed.

This makes complete sense.

GCLogo.png

The final group of the U.S. Open should be a comfortable spot for both Patrick Reed and Bryson DeChambeau.

The only things I dont like about him is his pace of play and general attitude.

Hes not the only one either but i wish the arm lock putting style wasnt allowed personally. JMO

He isn’t one of my favorite golfers but I don’t root against him. He does something’s I wish he wouldn’t, most of which have been mentioned already, like a lot of golfers do. What I do like is that he is truly following his path. He has an idea of what he thinks will give him the best chance to win and is all in with it. I wish more people would do that and not just in golf. Cut what is your issue with the armlock putting? 

On 9/24/2020 at 2:14 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Living in Ireland and Florida doesn't lend itself to knowing much about pizza.

So many have relocated from NY to Fla., I'm sure it isn't too hard to find good pizza.