IGNORED

Warm Up Routine

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1263 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I warm up, depending on the abient temp, or the the time of day, I will do some slow exercises. 

When I get to my swing warm,  up, I will start with my 9i, and graduate to my longer clubs from there. I start with 1/4-1/2 swings, getting my body loosened up for the swing movements. 

Once I start getting crispy contacts on the ball, i move to longer, clubs, and swings, until I have my normal swing tempo/timing down with my longest club. 

Fortunately for me out here, the great weather makes warming up a hit, and miss thing. That, and I play and practice so much, my swing is pretty much ready to go on a moments notice. 

When warming up prior to playing, the last warm up club I swing is the club I will use of the first tee. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I really need to get to the course about an hour before my tee time and get to the driving range to see what my swing is like that day. This means getting a small bucket and hitting about 20 balls out of it: about 8 wedge shots, eight 7is, and 4 drivers. Then go lag putt. Then wait in the queue. This will keep the first two holes from being disasters. This is the difference between a 51 and a 43 on the front 9. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Seriously, WTF with the amount of time you all have...I sometimes am still pulling my shorts on running to the first tee. Most of the time I'm changing in the car whilst driving. Grip it and rip it and hope I don't miss it.

Colin P.

I am guilty of warming up too much and practicing prior to playing. I guess it's because I am not comfortable with my swing yet so there is no difference between practicing/warming up or even playing these days. I need to make them three different things. 

In general I like to hit a small bucket (maybe 20 minutes) and then putt for 10 minutes. I hate practicing putting because it hurts my back if I putt for too long but I need to put more work into it. Usually I just end up rolling a few putts to get a feel for speed. 

I take my golf a bit more serious than the average person. For just about every round I like to show up at least 45 minutes to an hour early. I hate being late, and I hate rushing. I get my shoes on, get some coffee (95% of my rounds are before 8:00am) shoot the shit with whoever is there and then get my clubs and stuff out of my locker. I always head to the putting green first and hit putts for about 10-15 minutes and maybe chip a little bit. Then with about 20-25 minutes until my tee time I head to the range and I have about a 30-35 ball warmup routine. 

I have friends who never warm up and wonder why they suck for the first 6 holes. 

• Like 2

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

A few years ago, I compared scores between rounds that included a warmup routine and those that didn’t. I could find no correlation to my scores.  The pros, however, wouldn’t be so meticulous about their preparation if it wasn’t important for scoring.  On the other hand, despite their preparations, they sometimes experience a round of woe ...

I play better when I take the time to warm up at the range before I play.   If I don't get the opportunity, it usually take me a few holes to feel comfortable over the ball.   My scores reflect that.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 1263 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!