dagolfer18

What Would You Shoot At Augusta?

Augusta National Score?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What would you shoot at Augusta from the members tees?

• Break 80
    • 80-90
    • 91-100
    • 100-110
    • Over 110

12 posts / 428 viewsLast Reply

What do you think you would shoot at Augusta from the members tees, which, if I’m not mistaken, measure around 6400 yards? 

My handicap right now is 15.5. If I played Augusta, I don’t think the length would be much of a problem for me, but the greens probably would. Despite not being cut to Masters pace, I imagine they would be rolling at around 12. Given that, I think I’d be very happy with something around 100-105. A great day might be around 95, but I put the 100-110 option. 

Edited by dagolfer18

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think I'd shoot anything at Augusta. Their security guards would probably shoot me before I came anywhere near with a golf club in hand.

I opted for 100-110.  I would like to think I could scrape together a round in the 90's but it would likely come down to what sort of chips/putts I left myself.  

I'd spend a month practicing putting up to the date of my round and shoot mid-high 70s. With my current game it's probably high 70s-low 80s.

I chose break 80.  From 6400 yards, length would not be an issue, should have short irons in on most holes.  I would hope to shoot right around a 72-76 somewhere in there.  I like faster greens over slower, but I think during regular (non-Masters) days, they would be rolling around a 10-11 maybe.  

Tee to green is as nice as it gets, relatively no rough or penalizing type lies, as long as shots go to a spot (if you can do that).  Green speeds make less difference at Augusta, it's the undulations that take control.  If you get a veteran caddie, listen to him and it makes you look like a pro.  Without him, you're toasted.

10 hours ago, Piz said:

I opted for 100-110.  I would like to think I could scrape together a round in the 90's but it would likely come down to what sort of chips/putts I left myself.  

You're a 12 handicap. From 6400 yards.

I’m not sure what I would shoot at Augusta, but I know it would be dream to play to there. It’s difficult to speculate, but the Augusta caddy assigned would certainly help save strokes. I’ve been a low handicapper a very long time but I still couldn’t guarantee a score there. I would be in awe the entire time.

Augusta is really not that difficult.  or, at least not to be put on a pedestal of difficult courses. 

43 players played the tournament under par last year, and it typically takes double digits under par to win.   from a difficulty standpoint, is usually pretty similar to The Payers Championship at Sawgrass.
Obviously not easy, but we're not exactly talking about a Winged Foot, or Carnoustie, or  Shinnecock here.