IGNORED

Adapter for M3 Driver Head

Note: This thread is 1258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I have a really stupid question. I have a TaylorMade M3 driver, but I hate the shaft. I've tried going with a regular flex instead of stiff, but still no good. I have an old Taylormade Burner driver that has the Fujikura superfast reax 50 stiff shaft in I love it. Can I pull the shaft off the old Burner driver to put a tip on it and use it on the M3? 

• iacas changed the title to Stupid Question
  • Administrator

You can swap out the tips, sure. A club fitter at a TaylorMade authorized dealer will be able to do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There is one caveat.  Some older shafts have larger tip diameters.  Check to see if the adapter will fit on the older shaft before proceeding.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

12 hours ago, Duffdad1023 said:

So I have a really stupid question. I have a TaylorMade M3 driver, but I hate the shaft. I've tried going with a regular flex instead of stiff, but still no good. I have an old Taylormade Burner driver that has the Fujikura superfast reax 50 stiff shaft in I love it. Can I pull the shaft off the old Burner driver to put a tip on it and use it on the M3? 

If you have any Burner driver model from the last 20 years it is going to be .350 tip which means you are out of luck on using in an M3. If you have a TP model then the shaft would be .335 but the shaft you described is not one of those from my memory.

Are you sure it's the shaft specifically that you prefer in the older club? Might want to look at the length, club weight, or swing weight and see if you can replicate the old club feel in the new one. Could also be the head on the M3 you don't get along with.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, Adam C said:

If you have any Burner driver model from the last 20 years it is going to be .350 tip which means you are out of luck on using in an M3. If you have a TP model then the shaft would be .335 but the shaft you described is not one of those from my memory.

Are you sure it's the shaft specifically that you prefer in the older club? Might want to look at the length, club weight, or swing weight and see if you can replicate the old club feel in the new one. Could also be the head on the M3 you don't get along with.

Thanks for the input Adam. I agree with you, I'm not quite sure what it is that I like about the Burner driver, but I was just looking at the easiest/fastest option. But looks like this is out. 

16 hours ago, Duffdad1023 said:

I bought a used M3 last year and I like it.....I really wanted a M4 but couldn't find a used M4 at a good price at the time....the M3 came with a Tensei Blue stiff shaft...I thought it was a tad soft and sold the shaft for $95. I use to play a Jetspeed and a friend gave me a Fujikura Speeder 57 stiff shaft 'made for" the R15 for the Jetspeed....I like the shaft and using it in my M3 now.

Try to look for a used TM stiff shaft on Craigslist, Kiijiji, or other golf forum BST's...likely can find one for $60-$80 and sell your TM regular shaft for $50-$70.....regular shafts don't sell as well as stiff shafts.

Any TM shaft adapter from the R1 and on up will fit your M3.

Edited by Mr22putt

13 hours ago, Adam C said:

Adam, .350 adapters are available

s-l400.jpg

Compatible with R15 Driver and Fairway Wood. compatible with M4 Driver. compatible with M1 Driver...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

10 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

Adam, .350 adapters are available

s-l400.jpg

Compatible with R15 Driver and Fairway Wood. compatible with M4 Driver. compatible with M1 Driver...

Oops. Should have thought of that. Good catch.

Just be aware any adapter you buy off eBay, Amazon etc that's not OEM made can be questionable on quality both in terms of durability and tolerances for fit.

On the stupid question scale, this question actually was not stupid at all and should be disqualified from consideration for the annual award. So many better stupid questions are being asked that are actually stupid. 

Its probably time for you to establish a relationship with a club fitter who can separate the values for you to determine if its the head, the shaft, both, etc. If you go in with what you have in mind along with a budget of what you want to spend, they can either whip something up, keep an eye out for you, or give you a professional opinion. I have this kind relationship with my guy in the professional opinion department and whenever I pick his brain I tip him and tell him that his next lunch is on me. He always gives me good advice! 

Edited by TourSpoon
sp

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• iacas changed the title to Adapter for M3 Driver Head
  • 1 month later...

I put a 350 shaft in a 335 head, works great but maybe I was lucky. 6 months ago I decided to learn how to customize my clubs, lots and lots of utube video to give you step by step instructions. If you muck up your still able to go to a professional fitter, I bought second hand OEM clubs cheap and that's great to mix and match to learn with... Love it..

Note: This thread is 1258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!