IGNORED

How Often Do You Yell Fore?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sometimes I yell "Four" just to be a smartass. 🤣

1, 1-2, 2, 1 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

1. How many times per year do you yell "fore" (either for yourself or someone else in your group)?
2. 1-4

2. What is your handicap level and those of the people you play with?
1-4

3. How holes on the course(s) you play most often have "danger areas" where a shot played from the tee or an approach shot that's hit off-line can land near an area where other golfers commonly are?
1. 0   The course I play most often is cut of the the woods so there are not really any holes that are next to each other.

4. How likely are you or the people you typically play with to yell "fore" when a ball has a chance to hit someone?
1-2

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6, 1 (for me, play with a lot of high handicappers), 3, 3.

Should also add that I've played a lot of new courses this year, where I'm more likely to accidentally hit into the group in front of me and had to alert them. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

My Answers: 
#1: 1-4x
#2: 6-10 (myself), and 11-15 (golfers I play with)
#3: 1-3
#4: Likely

I tend to yell fore if I know the golf ball his going to land very close to the other golfers. I rather not have them run into the landing area. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On most of the courses I play there are not other golfers near the left or right side of the fairway.  One of the courses I play is deep in the woods... so yelling "Fore" would be a warning to the deer, squirrels or coyotes.  I probably yell "Fore" about once a year.

Granted I've played far less golf this year than move previous years. However, I've only yelled "Fore" once this year and it was for one of the guys I was paired up with. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

23 hours ago, David in FL said:

2, 2, 3, 1 or 2.  

A poorly positioned beverage cart can sometimes be an issue, especially for long hitters.

I almost killed a groundskeeper with a 5 wood. Granted, he was not in my fairway when I teed off but came buzzing though after I hit. Went over his head by five feet. It couldn’t have been timed better. We all yelled fore, but he didn’t even turn his head.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

An interesting question.  Frankly, I do not recall the last time I yelled "Fore" and most likely it was for someone else's ball. 

1  Yell "Fore" 1-4 time a year (2)

2. Handicaps of the group average 6-10 (2)

3. Holes with danger zones 1-3 (2) - although we play many different courses and most are not "shooting galleries" with many parallel fairways.

4. I am most likely in our group to yell "Fore" and overall I think we are "Likely" to yell (2)

I understand the idea of not yelling if a ball is very unlikely to hit someone.  My problem is a lack of confidence that I will correctly decide in a few seconds whether the ball is a danger or not.  My default is to yell and trust/hope the people react properly (as @DaveP043 indicated, show us their "good side").  

Edited by bkuehn1952

Brian Kuehn

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I almost killed a groundskeeper with a 5 wood. Granted, he was not in my fairway when I teed off but came buzzing though after I hit. Went over his head by five feet. It couldn’t have been timed better. We all yelled fore, but he didn’t even turn his head.

I've noticed that most golfers yell "fore" too quietly, too meekly. You've got to bark it out like a pro quarterback under center in a noisy stadium.  Really project.

1. 6
  2. 1,2,3,4 (mostly 2 though)
  3. 5.  The course I play the most right now is what some would call a "shooting gallery." It's entirely parallel holes with minimal barriers.  The only reason it's a not a 6 is because of the par 3's. (The other course I like and play, although haven't been playing lately, has zero adjacent holes)
  4. 2

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I've noticed that most golfers yell "fore" too quietly, too meekly. You've got to bark it out like a pro quarterback under center in a noisy stadium.  Really project.

No one has ever accused me of not being loud enough. My voice carries like a sonic boom. Came in handy coaching youth sports.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

This subject is a bone of contention with me. I shout fore if there is any chance what so ever of a ball hitting someone. I don't know if you do it in the U.S, but many golfers in the UK shout "Fore Right" or "Fore Left". First of all the golfers on the course have to figure out where the call is coming from, then they have to work out if your right is their left, or your left is their right, and that would depend on if they are facing you, or have their back to you. By the time they have figured this out they are laying in hospital waiting for an operation to have a golf ball removed from an orifice. For God's sake golfers, just shout  FOOOOORE

- Simon Hornsby

On 10/6/2020 at 10:29 AM, Mr Puddle said:

This subject is a bone of contention with me. I shout fore if there is any chance what so ever of a ball hitting someone. I don't know if you do it in the U.S, but many golfers in the UK shout "Fore Right" or "Fore Left". First of all the golfers on the course have to figure out where the call is coming from, then they have to work out if your right is their left, or your left is their right, and that would depend on if they are facing you, or have their back to you. By the time they have figured this out they are laying in hospital waiting for an operation to have a golf ball removed from an orifice. For God's sake golfers, just shout  FOOOOORE

Funny.  And a lot of humans don't know their left from their right.  Then again, shouting "Fore left" or "Fore right" might seem a bit political, as well.

Note: This thread is 1295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!