Sign in to follow this  
hunterw297

My Swing (hunterw297)

5 posts / 507 viewsLast Reply

I've been Playing Golf for: 15ish years?

My current handicap index or average score is: 2.9, avg 78/79
My typical ball flight is: Dead straight
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: A weak slice or pull hook from coming over the top.

Videos: 

So to be honest... I think my swing is pretty ugly looking. A lot of compensation going on at the release where I almost stand straight up to prevent myself from hitting 2 feet behind the ball but... it works somehow for me. Most of the time at least.

One thing I REALLY want is just to be able to hit the damn ball further. My 7 iron goes about 140-145 carry and my driver is about 240, maybe 250 if I REALLY swing it. I'm definitely looking into getting a SuperSpeed set as soon as I can afford it, but I know I have to be leaking a ton of power somewhere.

This was a bit of a pull iirc

Pretty solid here. I think I gained 10 yards today changing the loft in my driver from 7.5 to 9.5 and REALLY putting it far forward in my stance.

Sorry for the bad camera position in the face on ones.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Couple of things…

• If you're interested in SuperSpeed, see the link on the right side of the site. Highly recommended.
  • Consider, please, trimming videos.
  • Also consider posting videos in high-speed (or "slow-mo").
  • Your lower body could support the turn a bit more:

image.png

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Couple of things…

• If you're interested in SuperSpeed, see the link on the right side of the site. Highly recommended.
  • Consider, please, trimming videos.
  • Also consider posting videos in high-speed (or "slow-mo").
  • Your lower body could support the turn a bit more:

image.png

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the feedback. I had actually recorded these in high speed with my iPhone, but uploading them to my computer removed the effect. I'll try trimming them in iMovie and seeing if I can keep the high speed effect by importing them through that.

Could you explain what you mean by having my lower body support the turn more?

22 hours ago, hunterw297 said:

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the feedback. I had actually recorded these in high speed with my iPhone, but uploading them to my computer removed the effect. I'll try trimming them in iMovie and seeing if I can keep the high speed effect by importing them through that.

Could you explain what you mean by having my lower body support the turn more?

If find trimming them and editing the slow motion areas is easy in both Photos and iMovie. You can set just the swing part in slow motion and leave the rest at full speed if you want to show set up and preshot.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this