Jump to content
ChetlovesMer

Your Favorite Golf Snapshot, Picture or Photo Thread

15 posts / 829 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

I am starting to realize that I will probably not play golf with my dad ever again. (I hope I'm wrong.) I only played with him one time (9 holes) in the last 2 years. He and I have played I don't know how many rounds together. Realizing that we aren't likely to play together again makes me really appreciate the memories I have of him on the golf course. Additionally, I really cherish the pictures of I have of him and I playing together. Especially, the ones of he and I playing in period clothing during a "Hickory Tournament". 

Therefore, I thought I'd create a thread in which everyone can post their Favorite (or favorites) Golf Picture, snapshot or Photo. Just post the picture and tell us about it. Where was it taken, When, What do you like about it, etc... 

I'll start with this one:

IMG_0486.thumb.JPG.f2e63ef815bf5556034ef03e0addefc0.JPG

I love this photo. It is me and my dad the last time we played a Hickory Tournament. It was back in 2013. 

It wasn't the last time we played together, but it was the last Hickory Tournament we played together. As you can tell, we wore period clothing. 

My dad loves golf and loves to play all of the what I call "weirdo" tournaments. He loves the Chili Open (Golf in the middle of winter usually in the snow), He loves Hickory tournaments (Okay admittedly not really weirdo), He loves Tournaments that tee off at midnight with glow-in-the-dark golf balls. To be truthful, he's a pretty terrible golfer. Has very very rarely broken 100, even after playing the game for 50 years. But he always has a great attitude. He enjoys the game. And he usually springs for lunch. He also doesn't believe in the 14 club rule. His bag has like 20 clubs in it and weights a metric ton. Looking back, I wish I would have taken up the game when I was younger. I could have had some memories of he and I playing when I was a kid. Instead, they are all of he and I with me as an adult. They are great memories. 

So, that's my favorite golf picture. What's yours? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Gosh, my "favorite" golf picture? I have too many, including the time I snuck up into the tower at the U.S. Open at Oakmont to get a photo of the Church Pew bunkers.

One of my favorites is the background of my phone, though, and similar photos can no longer be taken:

2017-10-22 12.17.36.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Gosh, my "favorite" golf picture? I have too many,

You can have more than one favorite. If somebody said who's my favorite kid, I'd definitely pick 2 of them. 

You can also post more than one. 

50 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I posted this during the USO, you can tell who it is just by the silhouette.

 

That's an awesome picture!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FA3BA25E-184D-4274-A872-30F16A5286D6.jpeg

Eyes towards the hopeful rays of the sun throughout a difficult day at Whistling where we had multiple rain delays.  Kind of perfectly describes the beautiful struggle of the game to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This photo speaks of my obstinate persistence.   We'd gone over a week with snow covering every course... cabin fever was setting in.  Finally, North Bellingham opened their back nine with about 10% snow coverage (though it doesn't look like it from this photo).  Local rule was a free drop from any snowbank, no closer to the hole.

This particular hole, #16, a par 3, has a deep ravine in front of the green.   What you see are snowdrifts from the winds that can howl across the course.  So glad they carved a path through this winter wonderland.

north bell snow.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My week spent at The Greenbrier a few years ago is still by far my most enjoyable golf trip. Difficult to choose just one picture from the many that I took that week, but this one stands out in my eye. 

greatWV.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We were on the Monterrey Peninsula about 12 years ago.  On the day we were scheduled to play Spyglass Hill the remnants of Super Typhoon Melor rolled in.  The power was winking on and off at the Inn at Spanish Bay, where we were staying.  Most of the guys decided to play cards.  Five of us said WTF and took the shuttle to Spyglass.  Sustained winds were 65 mph with much larger gusts.  Rain was coming down sideways.  The power was off at the clubhouse for Spyglass but they were "technically open."  We were advised to stay on the "Ocean 6" because limbs and trees were falling.

On the 6th tee, I told the group to gather around for a photo.  I set the timer on my digital camera and hoped some sort of photo would be created.  The camera shorted out when I went to view whether we had a photo or not. It was not until I was home in Ann Arbor that the camera dried out and would turn on.  Perfecto!  Everyone got an 8 x 12 framed copy for Christmas.

To this day, the wettest I have ever been on a golf course.

 

050.JPG

Edited by bkuehn1952

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

We were on the Monterrey Peninsula about 12 years ago.  On the day we were scheduled to play Spyglass Hill the remnants of Super Typhoon Melor rolled in.  The power was winking on and off at the Inn at Spanish Bay, where we were staying.  Most of the guys decided to play cards.  Five of us said WTF and took the shuttle to Spyglass.  Sustained winds were 65 mph with much larger gusts.  Rain was coming down sideways.  The power was off at the clubhouse for Spyglass but they were "technically open."  We were advised to stay on the "Ocean 6" because limbs and trees were falling.

On the 6th tee, I told the group to gather around for a photo.  I set the timer on my digital camera and hoped some sort of photo would be created.  The camera shorted out when I went to view whether we had a photo or not. It was not until I was home in Ann Arbor that the camera dried out and would turn on.  Perfecto!  Everyone got an 8 x 12 framed copy for Christmas.

To this day, the wettest I have ever been on a golf course.

 

050.JPG

Did you stick to the ocean 6?  Good pic... a lot of wet rain gear there.  Reminds me of my Pacific Dunes experience...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Did you stick to the ocean 6?  

The two of us on the right (I am the short guy) called it a day after 6.  The other three knuckleheads played the "Ocean 6" a second time and then played 6 more on the inland portion.

The gentleman in the middle has an annual golf outing in FL where one plays 36 holes a day for 6 days.  He had to be dragged off the course.

Edited by bkuehn1952

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

The two of us on the right (I am the short guy) called it a day after 6.  The other three knuckleheads played the "Ocean 6" a second time and then played 6 more on the inland portion.

The gentleman in the middle has an annual golf outing in FL where one plays 36 holes a day for 6 days.  He had to be dragged off the course.

7 golfers ventured onto the course that day.  Only one finished.  I'll let you guess.  Conditions not as bad as you had, but 45 mph winds, rain sideways as well... and my caddie wanted to quit after 16.  I made the mistake of wearing corduroys that day.  They weighed about 40 pounds when I completed the round.  Power went out that night at the inn... generator kicked on to allow for dinner at McKee's Pub.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, chicub15 said:

My week spent at The Greenbrier a few years ago is still by far my most enjoyable golf trip. Difficult to choose just one picture from the many that I took that week, but this one stands out in my eye. 

greatWV.JPG

The picture reminds me of your avatar. 😜

Edited by ChetlovesMer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A colleague of mine just sent me this and said "Do you remember this?" I'm like "Of course."

I'm not sure this is my favorite photo, but it has one of my favorite golf stories attached to it. 

This picture is from 2012 and I am playing golf in Finland. I was someplace up near a city called "Rovaniemi". I apologize to any Finns out there. I'm not sure exactly where it was. I do remember WHEN it was. This photo is of my approach shot on hole 18. It was taken about 2 in the morning. Yeah, we played during the time when the Sun doesn't set for like 2 months. We actually tee'd off around 10PM. It was a big distributor event with folks from all around the world playing. Lots of fun. Totally weird sitting at dinner around 7:30 - 8PM and talking about heading out to the course as soon as we finish (or Finnish, perhaps?) eating. 

Anyway, totally cool picture. It's 2 AM and I'm wearing sunglasses.

IMG_3363.thumb.JPG.a7f8ec4441bb92b7e132bdeae2078a55.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

A colleague of mine just sent me this and said "Do you remember this?" I'm like "Of course."

I'm not sure this is my favorite photo, but it has one of my favorite golf stories attached to it. 

This picture is from 2012 and I am playing golf in Finland. I was someplace up near a city called "Rovaniemi". I apologize to any Finns out there. I'm not sure exactly where it was. I do remember WHEN it was. This photo is of my approach shot on hole 18. It was taken about 2 in the morning. Yeah, we played during the time when the Sun doesn't set for like 2 months. We actually tee'd off around 10PM. It was a big distributor event with folks from all around the world playing. Lots of fun. Totally weird sitting at dinner around 7:30 - 8PM and talking about heading out to the course as soon as we finish (or Finnish, perhaps?) eating. 

Anyway, totally cool picture. It's 2 AM and I'm wearing sunglasses.

IMG_3363.thumb.JPG.a7f8ec4441bb92b7e132bdeae2078a55.JPG

Very cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

A colleague of mine just sent me this and said "Do you remember this?" I'm like "Of course."

I'm not sure this is my favorite photo, but it has one of my favorite golf stories attached to it. 

This picture is from 2012 and I am playing golf in Finland. I was someplace up near a city called "Rovaniemi". I apologize to any Finns out there. I'm not sure exactly where it was. I do remember WHEN it was. This photo is of my approach shot on hole 18. It was taken about 2 in the morning. Yeah, we played during the time when the Sun doesn't set for like 2 months. We actually tee'd off around 10PM. It was a big distributor event with folks from all around the world playing. Lots of fun. Totally weird sitting at dinner around 7:30 - 8PM and talking about heading out to the course as soon as we finish (or Finnish, perhaps?) eating. 

Anyway, totally cool picture. It's 2 AM and I'm wearing sunglasses.

IMG_3363.thumb.JPG.a7f8ec4441bb92b7e132bdeae2078a55.JPG

Great shot!  Referring to the photograph, not necessarily your approach shot.  Sun screen too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...