IGNORED

Winter Golf Bag

Not sure if folks think this is a bit weird but I'm quite looking forward to some winter golf. Now I do like the lazy hazy days of summer but there's something really nice with the challenge of the winter course and a bit of frost.

This year it's a pencil bag with driver, 3 hybrid, 5,7,9,SW, putter. 

• Thanks 1

I

15 minutes ago, Manx995 said:

Not sure if folks think this is a bit weird but I'm quite looking forward to some winter golf. Now I do like the lazy hazy days of summer but there's something really nice with the challenge of the winter course and a bit of frost.

I prefer Summer golf, but I also love Winter golf.  Other than the drives backing up in the soggy turf there is generally nobody else on the course to slow you up.  I played behind a single today who took the smallest steps known to mankind.  And he appeared healthy and virile.  It was wait, wait, wait on every friggin' hole.  And it's only Autumn golf!

Sometimes because of Covid-19 I think everyone is driving (their vehicles) slower and playing golf slower.

Edited by Double Mocha Man
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Manx995 said:

Make sure to leave some room in there for the bottle.😀

I play with the same bag year round. Only exception is when I play a vintage round, and that is still with a relatively full bag.

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Ah yes, the flask, well-stocked with a good single-malt scotch.

Ahh yes. Yes my good Chap!

• iacas changed the title to Winter Golf Bag

Winter bag?  Sure.  Just take fewer water bottles.

I actually do not know what "winter bag" means.  Are we talking about different equipment with crappy grass and thick clothing?

We do not get much in the way of winter in these parts.  I usually lug around a wind shirt, an extra towel, and (on occasion) a flask of snake bite medicine...just in case.  

My winter bag is the same as my summer bag. I've truly never understood playing with less than 14 clubs. I know people say it helps with shotmaking, etc. But there is really never a time when I would have to hit my 7 iron when it was actually an 8 iron distance, so why would I need to work on that shot? I flight down a lot of shots when playing, but playing with half a bag wouldn't make that any easier or make me do it any more than I do now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cantankerish said:

Winter bag?  Sure.  Just take fewer water bottles.

I actually do not know what "winter bag" means.

Less rain gear?

I love fall weather golf.  Nice cool, crisp mornings.  Just can't beat it. 

However, stupid leaves drive me crazy especially when you lose a ball right in the middle of a fairway.

As for the bag, the only thing that changes is I will use old found golf balls more.  Why?  (see above).

I think of a winter bag as similar to a Sunday bag. Smaller golf bag and club set and a plan to walk and carry rather than ride. Shorter days and early darkness, so you’re probably only playing nine holes. I remember those times with my father very well.

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

What I hate about Winter golf, bag and all, is that my rangefinder won't read the distance to the pin through the fog.

Fog? Well aren’t you the lucky one! Try using it with blinding snow and blizzard conditions! I used to walk 16 miles to school, uphill all the way......

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

Fog? Well aren’t you the lucky one! Try using it with blinding snow and blizzard conditions! I used to walk 16 miles to school, uphill all the way......

Point taken. 🥶

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Yukari said:

However, stupid leaves drive me crazy especially when you lose a ball right in the middle of a fairway.

Oh heck yes.  Irks me.  I wonder if using a green ball would help. 🙂