IGNORED

Royal New Kent - VA Mini-Event - Nov 1st

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are approach shots  for Erik, Bill, John, and Jonny on Hole #18 John,   Bill, Jonny,  Erik,     

Let's not do this, please. You've clearly never seen @saevel25 on the first tee, after all. 😉 We all know "golf" and we all know that some of us will hit some good shots, all of us will hit some

Here's my first (final?) stab at groupings: Saturday @ Bedford Springs, 11:00: @iacas @Slim_Pivot @Divot Master Saturday @ Bedford Springs, 11:10: @Hardspoon

Posted Images

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Someone posted their swing at Royal New Kent on reddit, lol. Was it someone here, lol?

https://www.reddit.com/r/golf/comments/jm2aba/royal_new_kent_18_approach_from_117_yards/

No.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

60 mph winds on the PA TPK, and 90 minutes of lake effect blizzard in NW PA. Got home about an hour ahead of iacas. Amazing what us addicts will do for some off-season golf! Good to see everyone again.

• Like 1

• Administrator

The album is up, and everyone who was there should be able to add to it:

I've only put the one image in there for now (a panorama). Here's what I'd ask of everyone:

• Edit your images. This could mean cropping, touching up (white balance, levels), reducing the size to maybe 2000 x 2000 limits, JPEG compression of 60 or 70… something to keep the file sizes down.
  • Not posting too many duplicates. Just choose the best one of a bunch of similar photos.
  • If you can, post your movie files to YouTube as one clip, and post that video in the topic.
  • Feel free to download images of others.
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

Tagging @saevel25, @Hardspoon, @billchao, @davechen, @DaveP043, @woodzie264, and @Divot Master. Add your pictures using the method(s) above.

I didn’t take any pictures. I’m terrible at things like that.

I posted my pics.  Unsurprisingly (to @iacas or anyone who's golfed with me), I couldn't remember which hole most of them were, so I just named them "RNK".

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Here are approach shots  for Erik, Bill, John, and Jonny on Hole #18

John,

I love that you can literally see the splash when I hit it.  I was completely covered in mud after that one...there was simply nowhere to take relief.

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Here are approach shots  for Erik, Bill, John, and Jonny on Hole #18

John,

Bill,

Jonny, 

Erik, 

These were cool. Thanks for filming them.

Love @DaveP043’s commentary.

• iacas unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I would presume this would apply but..I used to be a horrendous chipper. That 10 yard chip might leave me an 8 yard chip or a 30 yard chip and once in a blue moon might be on the green...then I stumbled across Phil Mickelson's short game video, watched it, worked at it, watched it, worked at it, rinse, repeat multiple times, and now feel like a reasonable chipper. I am not confused into thinking I am "good" but I reliably am on the green, will be in one-putt range anywhere from no to 4 or 5 times a round depending on the day, distance, and lies I had to work on and it feels like I chip one in every 8 to 10 rounds.   But that feels like the exception...his approach is VERY fundamental and it definitely applied to me...my lessons were all full swing, it was a glaring weakness in my game that now feels like a strength...but if I understand your comment correctly, you are saying this is the one time to pay attention to those type videos?
    • although, on rare occasions, that can result in a better location. We were playing a Chapman saturday and had this exact thing...ball on cart path, nearest point of relief no closer to hole actually moved us out from behind a tree. Huzzah for small breaks!
    • Since you said 3 months. I went with the approach of golf course density. No clue if most of them are private or not, but i might be a starting place to check.  Golf courses per square mile | Golf Channel Definitely the NE United States has a lot of golf courses near each other. Stay in a city of Hartford, CT and you would be able to be with in 2 hour drive of golf courses in three of those states.   
    • First thing is get a rule book, read it and definitely keep it in your bag.  You don't want to face issues with penalty shots or a DQ for accidentally violating a rule. In terms of how you approach the game, it depends on your personality.  Some people play better under pressure and others prefer a more calm environment.  Depending on what you are like, plan to play accordingly.  For example, you can choose to keep score and know your position at all times or just write it down and ignore it till you tally it up after 18 holes. Definitely practice as much as you can before the tournament, but don't try to make swing changes between now and then.  Also, try to figure out where you are gaining and more importantly losing strokes.  Then plan your practice sessions accordingly.  You definitely want to strengthen your good points and focus on minimising the damage your bad points cause. Finally, definitely ensure you are warmed up on the day before you tee off.  You don't want to take a couple of holes to warm up and find your rhythm.  Losing strokes aimlessly isn't good, especially in a competitive tournament
    • One other club I would suggest, especially if you can try it before you buy, is a mini driver.  You will get these clubs in around 15* of loft, and this is smaller than a driver but bigger than a 3 wood.  My friend uses one and finds it easier to hit off the turf.  Plus the shorter shaft means he has more control than the 10* driver he has almost stopped using.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. chriswuk
      chriswuk
      (30 years old)
    2. Gero
      Gero
      (78 years old)
    3. nettscore
      nettscore
      (50 years old)
    4. RandMart3
      RandMart3
      (69 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...