GolfLug

Royal New Kent - VA Mini-Event - Nov 1st

111 posts / 4609 viewsLast Reply

Planning a round on Sunday 11/1 at Royal New Kent in Providence Forge, VA  (100 miles south of Wash DC) with @iacas. If there is interest I can book couple of tee times for mid morning. 

More to come in the next few days based on interest. Paging all DC/Richmond/Virginia Beach area golfers! @iacas may add more details. Other areas welcome too.

To all who have never played, this is a treat if you like Tobacco Road. It is much more wind swept and linksy though. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's a 6-hour drive for me...so I'd want to get a round in on Saturday somewhere as well (even if it's on the way...near DC or whatever).

But I'm in.

I'm interested, and so is Mary Anne.  Assuming, as she says, that its not "just a guys trip."  For the guys coming from the north, I'm sure I could arrange Saturday golf at Stoneleigh, and then maybe drive down towards Richmond afterwards.

For planning purposes, any idea on a ballpark tee time? 8am vs noon? 

...and that course looks hard

Edited by woodzie264

25 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

For planning purposes, any idea on a ballpark tee time? 8am vs noon? 

...and that course looks hard

9:30am-ish. Can't say it's easy and I am not playing all that great, but this course is great fun to get around .:-)

Edited by GolfLug

I’m not saying “no” as I’ve never played with you guys and would be excited to finally meet someone of you, but if I were to play that Sunday, I will have played 4 out of the 5 weekends in a row...it wouldn’t bode well for my marriage 🤔  

let me see what we have going on

2 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

..and that course looks hard

A.  You can definitely handle it, Stranz courses tend to be a whole lot easier than they look

2.  Playing with V is a pretty amazing experience, not to mention playing with Erik.

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

I’m not saying “no” as I’ve never played with you guys and would be excited to finally meet someone of you, but if I were to play that Sunday, I will have played 4 out of the 5 weekends in a row...it wouldn’t bode well for my marriage 🤔  

If your marriage can survive you publicly humiliating your wife by going on a walk while holding a golf club to work on your grip and then posting it on the internet, it can survive one round of golf.

12 minutes ago, billchao said:

If your marriage can survive you publicly humiliating your wife by going on a walk while holding a golf club to work on your grip and then posting it on the internet, it can survive one round of golf.

Hahahaha - it’s so funny you remember that

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

2.  Playing with V is a pretty amazing experience, not to mention playing with Erik.

Ummm...and playing with me, of course.  Clearly the best part of this trip.  :-P

10 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

I will have played 4 out of the 5 weekends in a row...🤔

Just a soft suggestion: Skip next two weekends from golf. Lol

10 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

.it wouldn’t bode well for my marriage 🤔  

Bring her if she would accompany you. The place is not boring at all! Last time I played Tobacco (very similar) my wife rode with me. We still talk about it sometimes. She is not much of a golfer.

7 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

Ummm...and playing with me, of course.  Clearly the best part of this trip.  :-P

I've played with you and will 2nd that. I've been with ALL of you that are planning in the cart at some point in the last 5 years. Let's just say I couldn't be more glad I get to see all of you again.

A few lost balls is a small price to pay.. :-)

Edited by GolfLug

@Hardspoon and @saevel25, 11:10 on Saturday. $69.

Opening for one more as of right now. I'll be asking some local people and may not be able to update this immediately, but also most local people won't want to drive down that far, either.

I’m in for Sunday at Royal New Kent; while I’m only a 7-8, I’m usually the best guy playing amongst my buddies who use golf as more of a reason to drink than anything else, so I’m admittedly a nervous playing with the likes of you guys. First tee may be ugly - I gotta start hitting more balls :-)