• Support TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
  • Popular Now

• Yep, yep, sorry. You're totally right. Brain fart on my part - as soon as I read that I facepalmed and thought about how I knew that but just didn't think at all in typing that part out. The MMR stuff was the 60s, so my mom would have lived through those. But I don't think those were anything near this level, so I think my overall point still stands about how nobody has really lived through something like this to have a history or memory. Oh, to be perfectly clear, I'm not going anywhere near anything you could describe as a "crowd" even if the word "small" is in front of it. The lines at Best Buy had markers every 10' here in Erie, for example, and my wife and I shop at off-hours so as to avoid even like 20 people in the grocery store. Fair enough, but like you even say, I don't think they were anything near or like the level of this particular case. The last one in the U.S. may have been the Spanish Flu stuff. Which I thought just now may have been 1913 (Francis Ouimet), but which was 1918 or so. So, after Eddie and Francis won the U.S. Open together. 🙂
    • You are correct and thanks for the clarification.
    • I think this might be regional. Here in NYC, in the past 20 years we had SARS, H1N1 (Swine Flu), Ebola, Zika, and even a Measles outbreak last year. Not to mention the yearly flu outbreaks. Obviously, none were nearly as deadly as Covid-19 (at least in the US), but they all raised awareness, some panic, etc. and made NYC feel, wrongly it turns out, that it was ready for a bigger outbreak.
    • Not that it matters much and I apologize as it's not really on topic but I'm pretty sure it was the Smallpox vaccination that caused the circular scar - not the MMR. I'm old enough to remember getting both vaccinations (among others). There are some explanations and examples here: Smallpox vaccine scar: Pictures, causes, and more (medicalnewstoday.com) And, for the on topic portion - I'm one of those who avoids the indoor stuff but am also very leery of the outdoor stuff, too. You won't ever find me in one of those outdoor crowds no matter how low the risk may be. For me, the risk/benefit ratio just doesn't work.  
  • Today's Birthdays

1. BookBoy
      BookBoy
      (50 years old)
    2. DrakeyDistiller
      DrakeyDistiller
      (58 years old)
    3. Fraser
      Fraser
      (37 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...