IGNORED

TST Takes on Sand Valley, WI (July 18-23, 2021)

cipher
Note: This thread is 960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

25 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

@cipher - @DaveP043, @billchao, and I are likely going to play Lac La Belle on Friday. Do you have any suggestions on a good area near-ish to the course to stay Thursday night? We were thinking that somewhere in the Milwaukee suburbs would be a good idea. Mostly, we're just looking for a brewery/taproom with good food within walking distance of a hotel, haha. Any thoughts? 

Here are some suggestions:

Hilton Garden Oconomowoc - This is closer to the course.  Not too much within' walking distance but downtown Oconomowoc has many great options.  

Holiday Inn Delafield - About 10 minutes closer to Milwaukee and very close to my place.  Restaurants very close, but there are much better ones in the actual town of Delafield.  

The Delafield Hotel - This is walking distance from any restaurant in downtown Delafield but I have no idea how much the rooms are.  I've heard it is a very nice place.

I can look into some dining options that night as I have a bit more time as well.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

43 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Are you kicking me out as the fourth already? Lol

I guess @DeadMan is walking, then 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

FWIW @cipher isn’t the fourth. Daniel was just asking him.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

23 minutes ago, billchao said:

I guess @DeadMan is walking, then 😜

Dead man walking.. ! I bet he has been waiting for someone to say that for years.. ha!

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

FWIW @cipher isn’t the fourth. Daniel was just asking him.

Yeah, think so. We have a PM thread going..

Vishal S.

Dammit, sorry @GolfLug. Long day at work.

Thanks, @cipher, that gives us a really good list to start with. 

• Funny 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I have a nephew who is doing his Summer internship at Sand Valley this Summer.  If the family decides to do a road trip out there (from Massachusetts) to visit and play maybe we will run into some of you guys.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSR1 12*

3 Wood: Titleist TSR1 15* @ 16.5*

4, 5, 6 Hybrid: Titleist TSR1 20*, 23*, 26*

Irons: Titleist T350 5-W2 23*-53*

Putter: Titleist SC Super Select Newport 2

Our numbers are not currently the most ideal for this. I will be booking the times for SV a little over a month from now, and It would be good to finalize this list this month. It would be nice to get this to about 12 and add a couple people or down to 8 if someone is on the fence. We will figure it out, however it breaks down, but it would just be nice for us all to be in groups together.  

Updated list

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @Slim_Pivot
  7. @Hardspoon
  8. @billchao
  9. @criley4way
  10. open
  11. open
  12. open

Rat Scoundrels We Might Let Back In if they Change Their Minds Again:

1. @mvmac
  2. @TN94z
  3. @jsgolfer
  4. @klineka
  5. @ChetlovesMer

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

• Administrator

Right, so what @cipher is saying is that we want to get to 12, or fall back to 8 (and only 8, as 7 would be just about as bad as 9 or 10).

@mvmac is still out, but how about three of @TN94z, @jsgolfer, @klineka, or @ChetlovesMer?

Or another player?

Again, we'll be walking these rounds at Sand Valley. These rounds are Monday, July 19 through Wednesday, July 21. That's your commitment to the "trip" with "extras" on Thursday and Friday if you want to arrange something.

@cipher, @Hardspoon, and I are in and have already made travel plans. That's three hard commits.

@DeadMan, @GolfLug, @DaveP043, and @billchao are set as another group having made plans for Thu/Fri in addition, so I'd consider them hard commits as well. 

So here's the hard stuff here… we're taking 8 or we're taking 12.

If you're in spots 9 to 11 (not by the numbers in the list above but by hard commits), we'll consider you "provisional" or "pending" until we get to the 12.

Nothing would stop those provisional players on the drop-dead date from calling after Nate gets the tee times for the group.

My hope? We get to 12.

P.S. The house Nate has so generously offered sleeps eight. We still hope to get to 12, and local hotels are really inexpensive.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Added myself to the list of going! I can make it work 🙂

Updated list

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @Slim_Pivot
  7. @Hardspoon
  8. @billchao
  9. @criley4way
  10. @saevel25
  11. open
  12. open

Rat Scoundrels We Might Let Back In if they Change Their Minds Again:

1. @mvmac
  2. @TN94z
  3. @jsgolfer
  4. @klineka
  5. @ChetlovesMer
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Good to hear, Matt!

If everyone can just include the list in each of their posts, that will help. It doesn't have to be EVERY post, but often enough you don't have to scroll much to see it.

I've chopped off the names of the people who were once in and who are currently out, because they're currently out, and there are two spots open.

Let's fill 'em.

Updated list

1. @cipher - fully committed
  2. @iacas - fully committed
  3. @DeadMan - fully committed
  4. @GolfLug - fully committed
  5. @DaveP043 - fully committed
  6. @Hardspoon - fully committed
  7. @billchao - fully committed
  8. @saevel25 - fully committed
  9. @criley4way
  10. open
  11. open
  12. open
  • Like 1

Going through the list, and happen to find Sand Valley (25th) and Lawsonia (23rd) 🙂

dunes-scaled.jpg

For the first time our ranking of the best public-access courses ventured outside the United States into Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean. Enjoy!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

7 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Going through the list, and happen to find Sand Valley (25th) and Lawsonia (23rd) 🙂

dunes-scaled.jpg

For the first time our ranking of the best public-access courses ventured outside the United...

It is amazing how many courses on the list are clustered within a couple of hours in the area. If time and money were no object, I could easily spend another week there.

Vishal S.

• Administrator
On 5/4/2021 at 12:44 PM, iacas said:

Updated list

1. @cipher - fully committed
  2. @iacas - fully committed
  3. @DeadMan - fully committed
  4. @GolfLug - fully committed
  5. @DaveP043 - fully committed
  6. @Hardspoon - fully committed
  7. @billchao - fully committed
  8. @saevel25 - fully committed

Alternates (see below?):

1. @criley4way
  2. open
  3. open
  4. open

Is the above list accurate to this point?

I know myself, Nate of course, and John are set. Matt will join us 

I'm pretty sure again that the other block of four (Daniel, Dave, Vishal, and Bill) are set.

So if that's the case, maybe we'll chop this at the eight above who have replied and been somewhat actively participating here? @criley4way, we haven't heard from you lately, much, even with the PM I sent you. Are you okay being the alternate?

Of course, if three others sign up, the "alternates" become "the third foursome." 🙂

The eight, though, fully committed, yes? Pretty sure many have already booked rental cars, plane tickets, etc.

I’ve booked plane tickets and am in on a rental car with Dave, Vishal, and Bill. I think they’ve bought plane tickets, too. I’m committed at this point. 

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

8 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I’ve booked plane tickets and am in on a rental car with Dave, Vishal, and Bill. I think they’ve bought plane tickets, too. I’m committed at this point. 

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Yes, what @DeadMansaid.

Confirming #3 of this group.  Totally committed.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Is the above list accurate to this point?

I know myself, Nate of course, and John are set. Matt will join us 

I'm pretty sure again that the other block of four (Daniel, Dave, Vishal, and Bill) are set.

So if that's the case, maybe we'll chop this at the eight above who have replied and been somewhat actively participating here? @criley4way, we haven't heard from you lately, much, even with the PM I sent you. Are you okay being the alternate?

Of course, if three others sign up, the "alternates" become "the third foursome." 🙂

The eight, though, fully committed, yes? Pretty sure many have already booked rental cars, plane tickets, etc.

I definitely think we have 8 solid commitments for sure. Logistically I think it is a great number for this trip as well.  I am getting really excited for this, and hope everyone will truly enjoy the trip.   

• Thumbs Up 2

Nate

Note: This thread is 960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!