IGNORED

TST Takes on Sand Valley, WI (July 18-23, 2021)

cipher
Note: This thread is 978 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay,

As much as I hate to do this, I need to back out. It looks like my Las Vegas trip has come together and I can't do 2 week long golf trips in one year. So, I'm going to respectfully move myself to the Rat Scoundrels list. I didn't think I'd be able to do the Vegas trip but the Vaccine roll-out has been faster than expected and it has worked out that I'm going to go. So, my apologies. 

Updated list

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @Slim_Pivot
  7. @Hardspoon
  8. @criley4way
  9. @billchao
  10. open
  11. open
  12. open

Rat Scoundrels We Might Let Back In if they Change Their Minds Again:

1. @mvmac
  2. @TN94z
  3. @jsgolfer
  4. @klineka
  5. @ChetlovesMer
  • Booooooooo 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

BTW, @DeadMan flying out even earlier, no?

4:20, but if we're done by 1, that should be fine. I have pre-check, and it doesn't sound like getting through the airport should be a problem. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

8 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

@billchao, @DeadMan  @DaveP0432 hour drive from LL to MKE. So estimating have to be done by 1 pm. If we can tee off at 8:30 am..ish.

Let's not forget, its about a 2-1/2 hour drive from the lake house to Lawsonia.  I'm starting to wonder if, for those of us who are flying out of MKE on the Friday, we may want to stay at a hotel fairly close to Lawsonia on Thursday night, and try to play really early.  I remember reading that @iacas and @cipher will be playing Lawsonia and heading back to the lake house, so schedule isn't as critical, but for those of us with a plane to catch its a little different.  Plenty of time to think it over and make a choice.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

16 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Let's not forget, its about a 2-1/2 hour drive from the lake house to Lawsonia.  I'm starting to wonder if, for those of us who are flying out of MKE on the Friday, we may want to stay at a hotel fairly close to Lawsonia on Thursday night, and try to play really early.  I remember reading that @iacas and @cipher will be playing Lawsonia and heading back to the lake house, so schedule isn't as critical, but for those of us with a plane to catch its a little different.  Plenty of time to think it over and make a choice.

There is the option to stay on site. 

It's a little spartan, but it would probably work if we want to go that route.

The other option, which may be more convenient for flying out of MKE, would be to play Erin Hills. That's going to be way more expensive than Lawsonia. Looks like rates there are around $300.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

2 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

There is the option to stay on site. 

It's a little spartan, but it would probably work if we want to go that route.

I tried that, just to get a rate, and the endless scrolling wouldn't let me select dates.  But I agree, spartan is fine for one night.  Its certainly something to talk about.  

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

Just now, DaveP043 said:

I tried that, just to get a rate, and the endless scrolling wouldn't let me select dates.  But I agree, spartan is fine for one night.  Its certainly something to talk about.  

I somehow overcame that. It was $110 for 2 beds, $200 for 4 beds.

-- Daniel

Just now, DeadMan said:

Perfectly reasonable to me.

Dave

27 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

We will likely not be going back to the lake house after Lawsonia, I live much closer to Lawsonia than the lake house and I think on that Friday people will either be going to Lawsonia or flying out.  If anyone is planning on playing Lawsonia and then flying out Saturday, it will likely require a hotel Friday night maybe in Milwaukee somewhere.  

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

18 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

That’s fine by me if we want to go that route.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

53 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Good here..

37 minutes ago, cipher said:

We will likely not be going back to the lake house after Lawsonia, I live much closer to Lawsonia than the lake house and I think on that Friday people will either be going to Lawsonia or flying out.  If anyone is planning on playing Lawsonia and then flying out Saturday, it will likely require a hotel Friday night maybe in Milwaukee somewhere.  

Thursday too.. for some of us.

• Like 1

Vishal S.

40 minutes ago, cipher said:

I read that, just didn't quite grasp what Erik meant, now I understand better.  At this stage, it looks like 4 of us are planning to fly out Friday afternoon/evening.  That would be me, @GolfLug, @DeadMan, and @billchao.  If I've left someone out, I hope he'll jump in and correct me.

• Like 1

Dave

I can't tell from the website if the rooms are cancellable. If I have some time later today, I'll call them and see what that policy is. If we can cancel it, I will probably go ahead and book the 4 beds option for that night, knowing that we can cancel it later.

• Like 1

-- Daniel

26 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I can't tell from the website if the rooms are cancellable. If I have some time later today, I'll call them and see what that policy is. If we can cancel it, I will probably go ahead and book the 4 beds option for that night, knowing that we can cancel it later.

I sent an enquiry through their system too, asking about that data, 4 people, and an early tee time on the Links.  Should we maybe set up a separate thread, or maybe a private group chat, so everyone isn't exposed to our arrangements?

Dave

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I sent an enquiry through their system too, asking about that data, 4 people, and an early tee time on the Links.  Should we maybe set up a separate thread, or maybe a private group chat, so everyone isn't exposed to our arrangements?

Probably a good idea. I'll start a PM with you, @GolfLug, and @billchao. If anyone else is interested in these arrangements, let me know, and I'll add you.

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

• Administrator
8 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

6 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

In the topic is fine. With a supporting PM topic.

Nate and John and I (currently) are playing Lawsonia on the way back to Nate’s actual house Friday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

In the topic is fine. With a supporting PM topic.

Nate and John and I (currently) are playing Lawsonia on the way back to Nate’s actual house Friday.

I inquired about staying overnight at Lawsonia and playing on that Friday.  I just got a response, saying that both courses at Lawsonia are closed on that Friday.  If we're playing, I guess it will be somewhere else.  Back to the drawing board!

• Booooooooo 1
  • Funny 1

Dave

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

I inquired about staying overnight at Lawsonia and playing on that Friday.  I just got a response, saying that both courses at Lawsonia are closed on that Friday.  If we're playing, I guess it will be somewhere else.  Back to the drawing board!

If Lawsonia is out, would anyone like to play Erin Hills? It’s expensive and I’m probably not going to be clamoring for more golf by the end of the trip, but this might be the only opportunity for me to play there.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, billchao said:

If Lawsonia is out, would anyone like to play Erin Hills? It’s expensive and I’m probably not going to be clamoring for more golf by the end of the trip, but this might be the only opportunity for me to play there.

Maybe.

I'll check with Nate and John.

Not that the rest of you can't do something different than we're doing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 978 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!