IGNORED

2021 TST Golf Trip to Sand Valley, WI (Tentatively ~ July 19-22)

25 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

@cipher - @DaveP043, @billchao, and I are likely going to play Lac La Belle on Friday. Do you have any suggestions on a good area near-ish to the course to stay Thursday night? We were thinking that somewhere in the Milwaukee suburbs would be a good idea. Mostly, we're just looking for a brewery/taproom with good food within walking distance of a hotel, haha. Any thoughts? 

Here are some suggestions:

Hilton Garden Oconomowoc - This is closer to the course.  Not too much within' walking distance but downtown Oconomowoc has many great options.  

Holiday Inn Delafield - About 10 minutes closer to Milwaukee and very close to my place.  Restaurants very close, but there are much better ones in the actual town of Delafield.  

The Delafield Hotel - This is walking distance from any restaurant in downtown Delafield but I have no idea how much the rooms are.  I've heard it is a very nice place.

I can look into some dining options that night as I have a bit more time as well.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Added myself to the list of going! I can make it work 🙂 Updated list @cipher @iacas @DeadMan @GolfLug @DaveP043 @Slim_Pivot @Hardspoon @bill

Looks like I’ll be able to join this shindig. Updated list @cipher @iacas @DeadMan @GolfLug @DaveP043 @Slim_Pivot @Hardspoon @criley4wa

Talked with @cipher and, not to speak for @Hardspoon, but I think our plan is: Play Sand Valley Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Return to the same house. Play Lawsonia Links on Thursday.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, billchao said:

I guess @DeadMan is walking, then 😜

Dead man walking.. ! I bet he has been waiting for someone to say that for years.. ha!

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

FWIW @cipher isn’t the fourth. Daniel was just asking him.

Yeah, think so. We have a PM thread going..

I have a nephew who is doing his Summer internship at Sand Valley this Summer.  If the family decides to do a road trip out there (from Massachusetts) to visit and play maybe we will run into some of you guys.

• Like 1

Our numbers are not currently the most ideal for this. I will be booking the times for SV a little over a month from now, and It would be good to finalize this list this month. It would be nice to get this to about 12 and add a couple people or down to 8 if someone is on the fence. We will figure it out, however it breaks down, but it would just be nice for us all to be in groups together.  

Updated list

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @Slim_Pivot
  7. @Hardspoon
  8. @billchao
  9. @criley4way
  10. open
  11. open
  12. open

Rat Scoundrels We Might Let Back In if they Change Their Minds Again:

1. @mvmac
  2. @TN94z
  3. @jsgolfer
  4. @klineka
  5. @ChetlovesMer

• Administrator

Right, so what @cipher is saying is that we want to get to 12, or fall back to 8 (and only 8, as 7 would be just about as bad as 9 or 10).

@mvmac is still out, but how about three of @TN94z, @jsgolfer, @klineka, or @ChetlovesMer?

Or another player?

Again, we'll be walking these rounds at Sand Valley. These rounds are Monday, July 19 through Wednesday, July 21. That's your commitment to the "trip" with "extras" on Thursday and Friday if you want to arrange something.

@cipher, @Hardspoon, and I are in and have already made travel plans. That's three hard commits.

@DeadMan, @GolfLug, @DaveP043, and @billchao are set as another group having made plans for Thu/Fri in addition, so I'd consider them hard commits as well. 

So here's the hard stuff here… we're taking 8 or we're taking 12.

If you're in spots 9 to 11 (not by the numbers in the list above but by hard commits), we'll consider you "provisional" or "pending" until we get to the 12.

Nothing would stop those provisional players on the drop-dead date from calling after Nate gets the tee times for the group.

My hope? We get to 12.

P.S. The house Nate has so generously offered sleeps eight. We still hope to get to 12, and local hotels are really inexpensive.

Added myself to the list of going! I can make it work 🙂

Updated list

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @Slim_Pivot
  7. @Hardspoon
  8. @billchao
  9. @criley4way
  10. @saevel25
  11. open
  12. open

Rat Scoundrels We Might Let Back In if they Change Their Minds Again:

1. @mvmac
  2. @TN94z
  3. @jsgolfer
  4. @klineka
  5. @ChetlovesMer
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator

Good to hear, Matt!

If everyone can just include the list in each of their posts, that will help. It doesn't have to be EVERY post, but often enough you don't have to scroll much to see it.

I've chopped off the names of the people who were once in and who are currently out, because they're currently out, and there are two spots open.

Let's fill 'em.

Updated list

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @Slim_Pivot
  7. @Hardspoon
  8. @billchao
  9. @criley4way
  10. @saevel25
  11. open
  12. open
  • Like 1

Going through the list, and happen to find Sand Valley (25th) and Lawsonia (23rd) 🙂

dunes-scaled.jpg

For the first time our ranking of the best public-access courses ventured outside the United States into Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean. Enjoy!

7 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Going through the list, and happen to find Sand Valley (25th) and Lawsonia (23rd) 🙂

dunes-scaled.jpg

For the first time our ranking of the best public-access courses ventured outside the United...

It is amazing how many courses on the list are clustered within a couple of hours in the area. If time and money were no object, I could easily spend another week there.