cipher

Possible 2021 TST Golf Trip to Sand Valley, WI (Mid July)

84 posts / 3016 viewsLast Reply

That other course looks fine to me. Definitely a change of pace. If it's flat and we take carts, I'm game. I don't think I'll have a problem walking SV 3 days in a row, but not walking a day (during or afterwards) won't be bad. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, cipher said:

It probably would for those of us playing 4-5 days, but I want to make sure any of the guys doing 3 days of golf get a chance to play both SV courses, in the even of some bad weather one of the first couple days.  So it is probably best to go 3 days in a row at SV.

Who said they can only do three days? Those people can't come. 😄

You have to commit to at least four rounds to be invited.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

Who said they can only do three days? Those people can't come. 😄

You have to commit to at least four rounds to be invited.

My mistake, I thought there had been mention of only doing 3 days by someone but it looks like everyone so far is committed to at least 4. I agree and think that 4 days should definitely be a strong ask from us though for those attending this. Might as well get as much golf in as you can if you are coming out this way.  

Should you choose not to play your round of golf due to inclement weather, you will need to contact the golf shop directly while on property. You will be charged for and issued a voucher that is redeemable for future golf. Once you tee off, you have committed to the round of golf and are not eligible for a voucher.

In looking at the FAQs, this is part of the Sand Valley policy I want everyone to be aware of. I have reached out to them for clarification, on how and when they would be charging me for the golf. I also want to see if they can and would be able to rebook us quickly should we have any bad weather that keeps us from playing a certain day. 

On 10/22/2020 at 10:45 AM, cipher said:

Can you let me know what category that puts you in from Erik's earlier post?

Put me down as Committed to be considered.

I just want to say that every time I think of this happening next summer, I get happier than I was the minute before.

I think this was a great idea by @cipher and will come at the perfect time.

Also, I think we’re going to end up with 12, maybe even 16 people, so just keep adding yourself to the list if you’re pretty darn sure you’re able to go and would like to go if we can accommodate you, but also if you’re not sure, just subscribe to the topic (follow it, using the functionality at the top).

4 hours ago, iacas said:

I just want to say that every time I think of this happening next summer, I get happier than I was the minute before.

I think this was a great idea by @cipher and will come at the perfect time.

Also, I think we’re going to end up with 12, maybe even 16 people, so just keep adding yourself to the list if you’re pretty darn sure you’re able to go and would like to go if we can accommodate you, but also if you’re not sure, just subscribe to the topic (follow it, using the functionality at the top).

I am very excited for this trip. I have been wanting and waiting to do another trip like this since the 2017 Newport Cup that you and @mvmac made such a great experience for all of us. I will do my best to make it a great and worthwhile trip for all who can make it. 

54 minutes ago, cipher said:

I am very excited for this trip. I have been wanting and waiting to do another trip like this since the 2017 Newport Cup that you and @mvmac made such a great experience for all of us. I will do my best to make it a great and worthwhile trip for all who can make it. 

It will be a great and worthwhile trip just to see friends like you again, and to meet some new friends.  The golf will be good to, but the friends make it special.

12 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

It will be a great and worthwhile trip just to see friends like you again, and to meet some new friends.  The golf will be good to, but the friends make it special.

Indeed, that's really what it is all about.

9 hours ago, iacas said:

SandValleyLeadPhoto.jpg

I'll be looking at the snow for the next few months, dreaming about this. This photo is actually #10, which is the hole my uncle got an Albatross on. We played from the sand tees at 491 and not the tips which would have been 563...but still. 

It's worth noting that the tips are not that long at 6938 and it will likely play even a bit shorter than that. It is also a par 72 with three par 3s on the front and three par 5s on the back. I am looking forward to playing this course from this perspective rather than a couple tees up.