IGNORED

TST Takes on Sand Valley, WI (July 18-23, 2021)

cipher
Note: This thread is 960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That other course looks fine to me. Definitely a change of pace. If it's flat and we take carts, I'm game. I don't think I'll have a problem walking SV 3 days in a row, but not walking a day (during or afterwards) won't be bad. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
4 hours ago, cipher said:

It probably would for those of us playing 4-5 days, but I want to make sure any of the guys doing 3 days of golf get a chance to play both SV courses, in the even of some bad weather one of the first couple days.  So it is probably best to go 3 days in a row at SV.

Who said they can only do three days? Those people can't come. 😄

You have to commit to at least four rounds to be invited.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

Who said they can only do three days? Those people can't come. 😄

You have to commit to at least four rounds to be invited.

My mistake, I thought there had been mention of only doing 3 days by someone but it looks like everyone so far is committed to at least 4. I agree and think that 4 days should definitely be a strong ask from us though for those attending this. Might as well get as much golf in as you can if you are coming out this way.  

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Committed to be considered:

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @TN94z
  7. @Slim_Pivot
  8. @Hardspoon
  9. @mvmac
  10. @klineka (only for a 9-12 spot)
  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Should you choose not to play your round of golf due to inclement weather, you will need to contact the golf shop directly while on property. You will be charged for and issued a voucher that is redeemable for future golf. Once you tee off, you have committed to the round of golf and are not eligible for a voucher.

In looking at the FAQs, this is part of the Sand Valley policy I want everyone to be aware of. I have reached out to them for clarification, on how and when they would be charging me for the golf. I also want to see if they can and would be able to rebook us quickly should we have any bad weather that keeps us from playing a certain day. 

• Like 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

On 10/22/2020 at 10:45 AM, cipher said:

Can you let me know what category that puts you in from Erik's earlier post?

Put me down as Committed to be considered.

Committed to be considered:

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @TN94z
  7. @Slim_Pivot
  8. @Hardspoon
  9. @mvmac
  10. @klineka (only for a 9-12 spot)
  11. @criley4way

• Like 1

Nate

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I just want to say that every time I think of this happening next summer, I get happier than I was the minute before.

I think this was a great idea by @cipher and will come at the perfect time.

Also, I think we’re going to end up with 12, maybe even 16 people, so just keep adding yourself to the list if you’re pretty darn sure you’re able to go and would like to go if we can accommodate you, but also if you’re not sure, just subscribe to the topic (follow it, using the functionality at the top).

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, iacas said:

I just want to say that every time I think of this happening next summer, I get happier than I was the minute before.

I think this was a great idea by @cipher and will come at the perfect time.

Also, I think we’re going to end up with 12, maybe even 16 people, so just keep adding yourself to the list if you’re pretty darn sure you’re able to go and would like to go if we can accommodate you, but also if you’re not sure, just subscribe to the topic (follow it, using the functionality at the top).

I am very excited for this trip. I have been wanting and waiting to do another trip like this since the 2017 Newport Cup that you and @mvmac made such a great experience for all of us. I will do my best to make it a great and worthwhile trip for all who can make it. 

• Like 2

Nate

54 minutes ago, cipher said:

I am very excited for this trip. I have been wanting and waiting to do another trip like this since the 2017 Newport Cup that you and @mvmac made such a great experience for all of us. I will do my best to make it a great and worthwhile trip for all who can make it. 

It will be a great and worthwhile trip just to see friends like you again, and to meet some new friends.  The golf will be good to, but the friends make it special.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator

SandValleyLeadPhoto.jpg

SandValleyLeadPhoto.jpg

12 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

It will be a great and worthwhile trip just to see friends like you again, and to meet some new friends.  The golf will be good to, but the friends make it special.

Indeed, that's really what it is all about.

9 hours ago, iacas said:

SandValleyLeadPhoto.jpg

I'll be looking at the snow for the next few months, dreaming about this. This photo is actually #10, which is the hole my uncle got an Albatross on. We played from the sand tees at 491 and not the tips which would have been 563...but still. 

It's worth noting that the tips are not that long at 6938 and it will likely play even a bit shorter than that. It is also a par 72 with three par 3s on the front and three par 5s on the back. I am looking forward to playing this course from this perspective rather than a couple tees up.

• Like 1

Nate

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Everyone, make sure you add the dates to your calendar!

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

Here is that info again.  I added the dates to each day.  

I am thinking we start golfing maybe on Monday the 19th or Tuesday the 20th.  Again, I am very open to discussion on all of this.

July 18th(Sunday): Travel Day

July 19th: Mammoth or SV and the Sand Box $290

July 20th: Mammoth or SV and the Sand Box $290

July 21: Mammoth or SV and the Sand Box $290 

July 22: Sentry World ($155) or Mammoth or SV and the Sand Box ($290)

July 23: Lawsonia ($120)/Travel Day  If you would be doing this on the way out it would be recommended to maybe fly out of Milwaukee. It is a 2.5 hour drive or so from the lake where we will be staying.  If you are doing the first 4 days I recommend flying into Minneapolis rather than Milwaukee.  It will save an hour of drive time and tickets should be easier to get/cheaper. 

Costs:

The 4 days of golf with Sentry world would be roughly $1025 for the golf.

5 days with Lawsonia $1145.

• I would like to keep this to 12 people, if possible. I think we are almost there. I think the best experience for everyone will be to have this be relatively small. I will start to look at a secondary lodging(vrbo/airbnb or something) option to fit everyone too and I think a second cabin would max us out around 6 per cabin with beds at the most.   
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Nate

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Done.

36 minutes ago, cipher said:

I am thinking we start golfing maybe on Monday the 19th or Tuesday the 20th.  Again, I am very open to discussion on all of this.

July 23: Lawsonia ($120)/Travel Day  If you would be doing this on the way out it would be recommended to maybe fly out of Milwaukee. It is a 2.5 hour drive or so from the lake where we will be staying.  If you are doing the first 4 days I recommend flying into Minneapolis rather than Milwaukee.  It will save an hour of drive time and tickets should be easier to get/cheaper. 

Costs:

• I would like to keep this to 12 people, if possible. I think we are almost there. I think the best experience for everyone will be to have this be relatively small. I will start to look at a secondary lodging(vrbo/airbnb or something) option to fit everyone too and I think a second cabin would max us out around 6 per cabin with beds at the most.   

Okay, I really want to commit to this trip. I cannot yet do so. I have a group of golfing buddies who are trying to put together a Vegas Golf Trip in May. We will be celebrating the life of a close golfing buddy we lost unexpectedly this year. If that trip happens, I'm 100% going on that trip. If that trip doesn't happen I'd really like to do this trip. I'd even stay in a hotel or something so as not to overcrowd the cabin situation if need be. Of course, I'm sure staying in the cabin with the gang would lead to a number of future great stories which I'd hate to miss out on so.... what ever you need me to do, I can do. 

Anyhow, with the work situation, kids' school situation, and vacation time and the like, I don't think I can swing two golf trips in 2021. 

Am I allowed to stand on the fence on this trip until mid February? If I'm not I totally understand. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Done, and I'm still as certain as I can possibly be.  Full clearance from the wife, no work commitments, and within the available budget.

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Am I allowed to stand on the fence on this trip until mid February? If I'm not I totally understand. 

Yeah, you're not even on the list though. You might want to add yourself.

And yeah, persons > 8 are in a hotel. We can go up to 16 if we need to, and only need to have that group set by the time Nate books the tee times.

4 hours ago, cipher said:

Costs:

Thanks! Dates penned.

• Like 1

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!