IGNORED

TST Takes on Sand Valley, WI (July 18-23, 2021)

cipher
Note: This thread is 960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Gents have fun! I'll be at Lawsonia on Thursday July 8th for a company outing, followed by Lac La Belle the following day. 

I'll post back here once we complete our round with some pics and anything noteworthy about the course or it's conditions. I'll try not to take too many divots, repair all ball marks I see, and generally leave the course in better shape than I found it in preparation for your outing.

• Like 4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We are just one week out now from calling in the tee times.  I will update as I am able to do so.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

EC456D97-BF59-4049-8FED-CC4A3F4BFB3F.jpegSV just posted a neat drone shot of the Sandbox.

• Like 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

6 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Oh pretty! Seems like in prime shape from a 1000 ft.

We have had a bit if a dry June so far so we will see.  It can look a bit dry out there but they also intentionally allow the fairways to get that way a bit.  

Nate

2 hours ago, cipher said:

We have had a bit if a dry June so far so we will see.  It can look a bit dry out there but they also intentionally allow the fairways to get that way a bit.  

Roll-outs galore! No complaints here..🤗

• Like 1

Vishal S.

• iacas changed the title to 2021 TST Golf Trip to Sand Valley, WI (July 19-22)
  • Administrator

Just about a month away!

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

51 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Yeah, baby! Can't wait to try some cheese curds..:beer:

Weren’t you trash talking cheese curds in our DM thread?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Weren’t you trash talking cheese curds in our DM thread?

You mean that I don't like the taste? Yeah, so? Tried some here locally. Want to see how the authentic stuff tastes.. 😊

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

8 hours ago, GolfLug said:

You mean that I don't like the taste? Yeah, so? Tried some here locally. Want to see how the authentic stuff tastes.. 😊

I still think it’s overrated. I like mozzarella sticks better. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

10 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Yeah, baby! Can't wait to try some cheese curds..:beer:

Let's hear it for cheese curds!  A few years ago I took my son to the Tillamook Cheese factory in Oregon.  After tasting some cheese curds for the first time we bought some and entered nirvana...

We also played a little 9 hole course across the street from the cheese factory.  Minus curds.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

• Administrator

Let’s all cross our fingers for @cipher to get some good tee times tomorrow morning.

I think the general plan is to try to play the big course in the morning (late morning, probably), and the Sand Box after that.

BUT, since we’re not resort guests… we’ll take what we can get, and they’ve told Nate there won’t be much of an issue getting the times.

We should have probably three days there, and six rounds counting the Sand Box rounds, so everyone should probably plan to have an extra $120 ($20/round) for some action.

I don’t think we’ll have anything big, maybe just a little skins game, or a little something. Maybe we’ll skip the action on the big courses and have a hole-in-one fund where if you make double or worse on the Sand Box you add $10 to the hole in one pot or something.

Any ideas?

Just something fun. I don’t want people to have to grind AT ALL, and I don’t want people even possibly being sad when someone else plays well. So, enough money that you can buy yourself a few beers or a steak or something, but not so much that other people are sad at paying it out.

Or, we can say screw it, and do nothing like this.

Since Thursday/Friday we have set foursomes, we’ll also mix it up a bit more during the week.

Right now if it’s ABCD (Nate, me, John, Matt) and EFGH (Vishal, Dave, Dan, Bill), I’ll figure out a decent mix. I think Vishal and Matt are past the bagel thing, too. 😉

• Like 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I like mozzarella sticks better. 

Hands down, but some peeps gave me crap for not being all over curds.. 😂 so I'm gonna go all out.

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

After tasting some cheese curds for the first time we bought some and entered nirvana...

Hmm.. DQ curds didn't quite leave that level of impression few weeks ago, but I would be more than happy to receive the upgrade from the real stuff. In fact, very much looking forward to it.

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I think Vishal and Matt are past the bagel thing, too. 😉

When was Arizona? Like back then. 😛 

57 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Hands down, but some peeps gave me crap for not being all over curds.. 😂 so I'm gonna go all out.

They are tasty, but I don't get the hype. 

I am game for some small money games. I like the idea of skins, maybe a pot for net and gross skins. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

6 hours ago, saevel25 said:

When was Arizona? Like back then. 😛 

My wife told me to grow the f*** up. Lol.

I think a $5 per person net skins pot always a great idea. Just right IMO.

Two- man blind draw, Foursome high-low.. all net.

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

I will be relieved to finally have our tee times today.  We will see what they will have available but per the last post from @iacas, we spoke a bit yesterday on what we would ideally like the three days to look like.  We are finally getting some rain the past couple days, so hopefully that will help things here a bit. 

I have to make the tee times this morning and run to an event, but I will update you all as soon as I can.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nate

• iacas changed the title to TST Takes on Sand Valley, WI (July 19-22, 2021)
  • Administrator

@cipher called and got us some great times. We will warm up at the Sand Box every day (takes about 90 minutes, all short par threes, 17 of them):

Monday, July 19

• Sand Box: 8:54am, 9:06am
  • Mammoth Dunes: 11:35am, 11:45am

Tuesday, July 20

• Sand Box: 10:06am, 10:18am
  • Sand Valley: 1:00pm, 1:10pm

Wednesday, July 21

• Sand Box: 10:06am, 10:18am
  • Sand Valley: 1:00pm, 1:10pm

Nate and I have a shared Note with groupings that maximize the mix of the "A" and "1" groups (Matt/John/Me/Nate and Dave/Vishal/Dan/Bill — I didn't want to label one "B" or "2" so we're A and 1 😄). I have groupings for the main courses set, but on the Sand Box we'll do whatever. It'll be a nice warmup before the main round.

A bit of an early start, and ideally we'd have thrown Mammoth in the middle there, but when you get to book only a month out and resort guests have been booking for a year, I think the schedule is great.

The drive is about 80 minutes, so we'll leave around 7:00 on Monday morning, but the other days aren't too early of a start. I don't think people will need to "warm up" much to play the Sand Box.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Note: This thread is 960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!