IGNORED

TST Takes on Sand Valley, WI (July 18-23, 2021)

cipher
Note: This thread is 988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nice!! I can't speak for others but these times are absolutely perfect! Thanks Nate and Erik. Beers owed!

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
1 minute ago, GolfLug said:

Nice!! I can't speak for others but these times are absolutely perfect! Thanks Nate and Erik. Beers owed!

How about Cherry Coke Zero? 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to TST Takes on Sand Valley, WI (July 18-23, 2021)
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

A case on me. Seriously, thanks.

20 ouncers don't come in cases. Ha ha ha. And trust me, I should have plenty. 😉

Also, I'm inquiring about the water policy. My assumption is that we'll buy it. But maybe they have bottles available in coolers or something.

• Funny 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

@GolfLug, if only we didn't have green bubble people…

😉

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Then u wouldn't have anyone to pick on..lol

Then we could have an iMessage discussion.

Someone be sure to hit a nice, solid shank for me! Thanks!😉

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

@cipher & @iacas, thanks in advance for setting this up. I really look forward to this trip.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Someone be sure to hit a nice, solid shank for me! Thanks!😉

you know i got you best friends GIF by New Amsterdam

Those times look great! I cannot wait for this trip. Thanks @iacas and @cipherfor setting this up!

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Thanks guys, crazy day for me here with everything going on. I called at exactly 8am(I also initially tried at 7:30😂)and requested the tee times. I was super happy that we were able to get times where we are all back to back. I was really worried about that. Ideally @iacas and I wanted to play the sandbox in the afternoons but the resort guests had all those times book. In the end I am glad I called as quickly as I did and also was able to get the times we did. We would have also liked to play SV on day one but overall it is pretty solid and could have been much worse. I am sorry for the first day as it might be a bit early for some but there wasn't anything really better for times available and SV was pretty much booked up already.   

• Thumbs Up 3

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

23 minutes ago, cipher said:

Thanks guys, crazy day for me here with everything going on. I called at exactly 8am(I also initially tried at 7:30😂)and requested the tee times. I was super happy that we were able to get times where we are all back to back. I was really worried about that. Ideally @iacas and I wanted to play the sandbox in the afternoons but the resort guests had all those times book. In the end I am glad I called as quickly as I did and also was able to get the times we did. We would have also liked to play SV on day one but overall it is pretty solid and could have been much worse. I am sorry for the first day as it might be a bit early for some but there wasn't anything really better for times available and SV was pretty much booked up already.   

Sandbox in the mornings is fine by me.

Thanks again for arranging everything.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just now, billchao said:

Sandbox in the mornings is fine by me.

Thanks again for arranging everything.

You are all very welcome, this is a dream trip for me to plan. I am glad we have two groups because three would have been a real mess trying to get tee times.  haha

The longest hole on the Sandbox is 145.  I'll probably just bring a few wedges and my putter.  That will be nice for a light and easy going round on that course which is I think 17 holes.  The customer service agent today told me it takes around an hour and a half to play it. 

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

• Administrator

Let’s start posting links to articles about Sand Valley (the whole resort) as well as LLB and LL.

DP-Lionsmouth-SB-comp.jpg

A review (with video) of the latest addition to Sand Valley Golf Resort: the Sandbox, a short course...
6-7-comp.jpg

A look at 6th hole at Sand Valley, a beautiful Coore & Crenshaw-designed par 4 that forces a...
SandValley-PropertyHighAerial.png

A look at the Sand Valley Golf Resort which has grown into the Midwest's premier golf...
aerial-overhead-copy.jpg

A review of Lawsonia Links, a tremendous Langford and Moreau design that is without question...

All Fried Egg stuff. What else y’all got?

• Administrator
OTSMammoth8-Preview.jpeg

A look at the 8th at Sand Valley's Mammoth Dunes, where architect David McLay Kidd uses deception...

Lawsonia-Links-Golf-Course_7963.jpg

Lawsonia Links is a fixture in the Top 100 Public Courses in the US. Find out why in this review.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great finds @iacas. That breakdown of Mammoth and also the one for Lawsonia Links make those courses look amazing. Can't wait!   

Nate

Note: This thread is 988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!