IGNORED

TST Takes on Sand Valley, WI (July 18-23, 2021)

cipher
Note: This thread is 960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 12/21/2020 at 8:08 AM, iacas said:

Everyone, make sure you add the dates to your calendar!

I'm in between jobs right now, so I have a little post-it on my desk with items I need to add to my calendar once I have my new account.

"7/17 - 7/26 - Golf SV" is right at the top!  ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

May I please be added to the committed to be considered list?
This trip looks like it could be a great opportunity for me. The location works for me as it's only 2-1/2 to 3 hours from my folks house. If everything goes the way I'm dreaming of it I will be able to go see them (assuming this F-ing COVID thing allows) than cruise up and join in this. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

May I please be added to the committed to be considered list?
This trip looks like it could be a great opportunity for me. The location works for me as it's only 2-1/2 to 3 hours from my folks house. If everything goes the way I'm dreaming of it I will be able to go see them (assuming this F-ing COVID thing allows) than cruise up and join in this. 

Add yourself. Find the last list and put yourself on.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Add yourself. Find the last list and put yourself on.

Okay, Done. 
Thanks

Oops, that wasn't the last list.
I think this is:

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @TN94z
  7. @Slim_Pivot
  8. @Hardspoon
  9. @mvmac
  10. @klineka (only for a 9-12 spot)
  11. @criley4way
  12. @jsgolfer
  13. @ChetlovesMer
  14. open
  15. open
  16. open

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I was mapping this and it is too far for me, but I was thinking that this (red line) would be a more logical divider between the US and Canada:

image.thumb.png.c45c6bf909087961dcec5e39851e7c8d.png

Edited by Carl3

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

I was mapping this and it is too far for me, but I was thinking that this (red line) would be a more logical divider between the US and Canada:

image.thumb.png.c45c6bf909087961dcec5e39851e7c8d.png

Fly.

🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 12/21/2020 at 7:52 AM, cipher said:

• I would like to keep this to 12 people, if possible. I think we are almost there. I think the best experience for everyone will be to have this be relatively small. I will start to look at a secondary lodging(vrbo/airbnb or something) option to fit everyone too and I think a second cabin would max us out around 6 per cabin with beds at the most.   

Originally I was only planning on 8, because it kept the lodging and handling of things much easier. We can go up to 16 if the interest is there, it just makes it more complicated for the arrangements and some may need to unfortunately find lodging for themselves if I am not able to locate a second place of stay for us. I am not overly keen on being the arbiter of who is able to stay at the lake and who isn't. Lastly I will likely need payment for the rounds at Sand Valley a month or so before we play. The fees are non-refundable for Sand Valley, and with 16 people we are talking roughly 14K going on my credit card.  Please plan accordingly for that.   

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

30 minutes ago, cipher said:

Originally I was only planning on 8, because it kept the lodging and handling of things much easier. We can go up to 16 if the interest is there, it just makes it more complicated for the arrangements and some may need to unfortunately find lodging for themselves if I am not able to locate a second place of stay for us. I am not overly keen on being the arbiter of who is able to stay at the lake and who isn't. Lastly I will likely need payment for the rounds at Sand Valley a month or so before we play. The fees are non-refundable for Sand Valley, and with 16 people we are talking roughly 14K going on my credit card.  Please plan accordingly for that.   

Payments should be made in full to you BEFORE you charge your CC. Especially since it is non-refundable.

I am assuming folks can't call in their payments directly to the course if a group itinerary number were set up. Or is that possible? 

Vishal S.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, cipher said:

Yeah, look, Nate’s doing a great thing for us here, so I’m going to step in here and say that no more than 8 people will stay with him, and he and I will sort that out based on personality types, snoring, and honestly whatever other criteria springs to mind (party people vs. go to bed early people, etc.), and the rest can stay in the inexpensive hotels (at least for the sleeping parts of the evening).

35 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Payments should be made in full to you BEFORE you charge your CC. Especially since it is non-refundable.

I am assuming folks can't call in their payments directly to the course if a group itinerary number were set up. Or is that possible? 

Yeah, we’ll sort that out (Nate with my help) toward mid-spring or so. You can’t book tee times until like 3 months out or something, I think, anyway.

P.S. And when I say 8 max, it might be 6. I don’t think we want Nate bringing extra beds or mattresses or whatever over across the state. It’s a fluid situation.

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah, look, Nate’s doing a great thing for us here, so I’m going to step in here and say that no more than 8 people will stay with him, and he and I will sort that out based on personality types, snoring, and honestly whatever other criteria springs to mind (party people vs. go to bed early people, etc.), and the rest can stay in the inexpensive hotels (at least for the sleeping parts of the evening).

In all honesty I have no problem staying and paying for my own lodging. I like my sleep and I know that I snore 3 nights out of 4. So, I'm totally fine paying for my own place to stay. 

5 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Thanks for that. When I made the tee time last year for just the 4 of us I had to make the payment at the time of making the tee time. I wasn't able to have the other members of our group call in for payment later. I have no issue putting the entire amount on my card, I just want to pay it off quickly.  We should just plan, worse case scenario to all pay for the Sand Valley rounds a month or so ahead of scheduled rounds.  

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Yeah, we’ll sort that out (Nate with my help) toward mid-spring or so. You can’t book tee times until like 3 months out or something, I think, anyway.

P.S. And when I say 8 max, it might be 6. I don’t think we want Nate bringing extra beds or mattresses or whatever over across the state. It’s a fluid situation.

Yep that sounds good, we will get it all handled.  We can all hang out at the lake(It's questionable as you mentioned how much time we will actually have for that), there are some hotel options close to the lake, and some options closer to the courses as well.  

The earliest I can make the tee times is one month out. I am going to push that boundary as much as I can to make sure we get good tee times.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to say that I'm out for Sand Valley. Just got invited to an am event at Bend Golf Club.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I am going to have to bow out as well. The estimates I am getting to repair my pool aren't looking good and I will need every dime I can gather. Replacing all of the concrete is not going to be cheap....sorry guys. 

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

44 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

(I'm still in; directing this @mvmac and @TN94z)

I know, I know. This pool is going to cost me about 18k to repair though.

Bryan A

9 minutes ago, TN94z said:

I know, I know. This pool is going to cost me about 18k to repair though.

Sheesh. I'm glad I don't own a pool.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Sheesh. I'm glad I don't own a pool.

Worst purchase I have ever made.

Bryan A

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, TN94z said:

Worst purchase I have ever made.

Fill it in and be done with it. Bring some soil from Sand Valley for the last scoop you use to fill in that hole.

Sounds like you’re throwing good money after bad.

Note: This thread is 960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!