IGNORED

TST Whoop Group

iacas

Got my bicep strap today - not the compression sleeve style, just the longer version of the wrist strap. It's way more comfortable than wearing on the wrist. If anyone is debating between the two, I recommend the bicep option.

One gripe I have with the strap/app is that I wish I would get a notification when the battery drops below 15%. Maybe there's a way to do this and I just haven't looked hard enough yet.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Darkfrog said:

Got my bicep strap today - not the compression sleeve style, just the longer version of the wrist strap. It's way more comfortable than wearing on the wrist. If anyone is debating between the two, I recommend the bicep option.

One gripe I have with the strap/app is that I wish I would get a notification when the battery drops below 15%. Maybe there's a way to do this and I just haven't looked hard enough yet.

Seems like something they could add to the app if it's not in there already.

Though, 15% is like 20+ hours of usage.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 minutes ago, iacas said:

Though, 15% is like 20+ hours of usage.

Yeah, it does have good battery life. Maybe 5% or something. There have been a couple times when I've left for work, gone golfing or other outdoor activity, or gone to bed without checking the battery, and then found out later that the strap died and end up with missing data. Not a huge deal, but a "time to charge" reminder would be nice.

-Peter

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Darkfrog said:

Yeah, it does have good battery life. Maybe 5% or something. There have been a couple times when I've left for work, gone golfing or other outdoor activity, or gone to bed without checking the battery, and then found out later that the strap died and end up with missing data. Not a huge deal, but a "time to charge" reminder would be nice.

I made a reminder on my phone to charge it every 4 days. I'm thinking of making that every 5 or 6.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

I'm told you get a notification at 20% and at 10% on iPhone.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I made a reminder on my phone to charge it every 4 days. I'm thinking of making that every 5 or 6.

I'll have to turn notifications on for the Whoop app then I guess. I hate notifications, so I disable them on just about every app except messaging/phone.

-Peter

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I hate notifications

But…

1 hour ago, Darkfrog said:

One gripe I have with the strap/app is that I wish I would get a notification when the battery drops below 15%.

I suppose I hate majority of the notifications various apps provide 😄.

I find them to be digital clutter. I wish app developers would program more notification customization. Like I don't need to know instantaneously when a new email arrives, or when Amazon delivers a package, or when a new season of a show is available to stream, which is why my default is to have them all off.

I turned them on for Whoop, and I'll see how annoying the notifications are.

-Peter

I didn't get a notification and I could have sworn I turned notifications on. I'll have to check that as well. I'm like @iacas though, I set a reminder to charge every 4-5 days. When I received mine in the mail, I immediately threw it on. It was not fully charged and it took 5 days to get low enough for me to consider charging. Outstanding battery life in my opinion.

I may have to try the bicep strap sooner than I thought. I noticed this morning that my skin is drying out under the whoop in its current location. Not sure if that is from sweat or what.

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• Administrator

My HRV was up today, back up north of 60, and I wonder if it's not partly because of the SI joint stuff I've got going on right now.

10_Ways_to_Increase_HRV_whoop-scaled-1.j

Heart rate variability (HRV) is a valuable metric for determining physical fitness and your body’s readiness to perform. Here are 10 ways to increase HRV.

Anyway, there's a decent article. I just read it, so I hope it wasn't posted earlier (but also, if it was, oh well).

My battery is going to die today at work. Guess I need to edit my calendar for 1 less day...haha.

Bryan A

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, TN94z said:

My battery is going to die today at work. Guess I need to edit my calendar for 1 less day...haha.

I got a notice to charge up yesterday, but I delayed it a day and will charge it today, this afternoon. It’s at 25%.

My recoveries have been good the past few days. I’m dealing with some major SI joint displacement which caused some muscle pain the past two days. I went to the chiropractor and he did a good amount of work today, and I think that stuff will help, but… I almost wonder if being injured isn’t doing something to change the HRV at night. I didn’t sleep well two nights ago. I slept pretty well last night, despite the pain, and woke up with less. Maybe if your body is occasionally getting little pain sensations, I wonder if that affects HRV.

336E0CE2-D0F6-45E1-AD39-FA8B5FE95ED7.png

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I got a notice to charge up yesterday, but I delayed it a day and will charge it today, this afternoon. It’s at 25%.

My recoveries have been good the past few days. I’m dealing with some major SI joint displacement which caused some muscle pain the past two days. I went to the chiropractor and he did a good amount of work today, and I think that stuff will help, but… I almost wonder if being injured isn’t doing something to change the HRV at night. I didn’t sleep well two nights ago. I slept pretty well last night, despite the pain, and woke up with less. Maybe if your body is occasionally getting little pain sensations, I wonder if that affects HRV.

336E0CE2-D0F6-45E1-AD39-FA8B5FE95ED7.png

I actually received the notification as well. I just got busy and forgot to charge my charger.  Very good question about the pain sensations. I am curious about that now as well. I am 42, so pain sensations have become a bit normal. Mine are mainly in my knee where I had a torn meniscus. I believe it's arthritis pain.

Bryan A

17 minutes ago, TN94z said:

I just got busy and forgot to charge my charger.

I've gotten notifications for below 20% and below 10% - aside from the battery notifications, the Whoop app isn't overly obnoxious with regards to notifications, so I think will leave them on for now. I should probably set a reminder for 5 days to charge, or I may just spend $50 on a spare battery pack to keep in my work backpack for situations like @TN94z's.

I still haven't been able to make much cause/effect determination for recovery yet. I'm getting better about making journal entries so I can have some sense of what was going on during the day when I look back on the data. Some weeks I will be yellow/green the entire week, and then this week has been all red/yellow. I did have one day back in August where my recovery was 1%, which was after an evening where I had more drinks than usual. I rarely consume any alcohol, so even 1-2 glasses of wine can wreak havoc on me, and I think on this night I might have consumed at least 4.

-Peter

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I've gotten notifications for below 20% and below 10% - aside from the battery notifications, the Whoop app isn't overly obnoxious with regards to notifications, so I think will leave them on for now.

I got one today for < 20%. It’s unobtrusive.

• Administrator

Whoop is doing 25% off, and they're giving that "plus" the normal stuff to those who have links to give out, so:

http://join.whoop.com/iacas

• $30 off a 6 month membership (standard) 
  • 25% off a 12 month membership (Cyber 5 Promo) 
  • 25% off all accessories with the purchase of a new membership (Cyber 5 Promo)

http://join.whoop.com/iacas

Get yourself your bicep strap if you are waiting to get one on Friday…

Tough week for my whoop so far ...haha. I ran off and left it yesterday morning when I left for work. And this morning, I ran off and left my charger. We had a Thanksgiving dinner yesterday and some other things happened that had my mind in other places.

I should have told my wife to wait a few days. Her whoop should be here today.

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A