IGNORED

TST Whoop Group

iacas

My Whoop keeps disconnecting and struggles to stay connected per the app. Though my iPhone says it’s connected through the Bluetooth settings.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
Just now, saevel25 said:

My Whoop keeps disconnecting and struggles to stay connected per the app. Though my iPhone says it’s connected through the Bluetooth settings.

Mine disconnected the other day and then wouldn't re-connect.

What I did was:

• delete (forget) the pairing in Bluetooth settings.
  • reconnect.

Then it's worked.

Email Whoop if it really still doesn't connect. They generally have very good customer service.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 months later...

Volleyball with 100% humidity.

0465A1EF-27F4-4B43-BAAE-33CB341FC2B6.png

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• 3 weeks later...

So, what are the 2nd opinions about the Whoop? 

1. I am not sure I am validating the subscription fee. I think if I was more into training for a sport, or just into exercising more seriously, then I would validate this fee. 

2. I do like the arm strap, its comfortable. Most of the time, I forget that I am wearing it. 

3. The batter life is really nice. Charging is convenient. 

4. The sleep tracking is nice. I am a fan of seeing how much sleep I get in each stage. As of right now, I kind of know how much I get because i've been wearing a sleep tracker for the past 4-5 years. 

5. The Whoop survived my time in the pool and ocean over my vacation, so the water resistance holds up. 

6. I kind of wish I had access to more raw data. That is the one thing I liked about the Oura Ring. I could go on to their site and look at charts and graphs of all the things they track. It was interesting to see what metrics track with other metrics. Maybe they do, and I am just overlooking this feature. 

7. The Whoop will drop connectivity from time to time, but its gotten much better lately. Maybe the latest update push helped out. 

8. The recovery score doesn't do much for me. I don't have a sense of what I need to do improve this. Maybe recovery is just more complicated than one number can tell you about. Some days I feel like I have the optimal strain the day before, ate well, slept well, and my recovery is garbage compared to days I know I didn't do as well. I rather they just display my HRV score or something. 

9. The recommended strain for the day is cool. It would be cool if they recommended the intensity and duration of certain activities to reach that strain.

10. The device does not sync up with other apps for use of corporate healthy living. Maybe it is because it is new. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
On 8/26/2021 at 10:15 AM, saevel25 said:

1. I am not sure I am validating the subscription fee. I think if I was more into training for a sport, or just into exercising more seriously, then I would validate this fee. 

2. I do like the arm strap, its comfortable. Most of the time, I forget that I am wearing it. 

3. The batter life is really nice. Charging is convenient. 

4. The sleep tracking is nice. I am a fan of seeing how much sleep I get in each stage. As of right now, I kind of know how much I get because i've been wearing a sleep tracker for the past 4-5 years. 

5. The Whoop survived my time in the pool and ocean over my vacation, so the water resistance holds up. 

6. I kind of wish I had access to more raw data. That is the one thing I liked about the Oura Ring. I could go on to their site and look at charts and graphs of all the things they track. It was interesting to see what metrics track with other metrics. Maybe they do, and I am just overlooking this feature. 

7. The Whoop will drop connectivity from time to time, but its gotten much better lately. Maybe the latest update push helped out. 

8. The recovery score doesn't do much for me. I don't have a sense of what I need to do improve this. Maybe recovery is just more complicated than one number can tell you about. Some days I feel like I have the optimal strain the day before, ate well, slept well, and my recovery is garbage compared to days I know I didn't do as well. I rather they just display my HRV score or something. 

9. The recommended strain for the day is cool. It would be cool if they recommended the intensity and duration of certain activities to reach that strain.

10. The device does not sync up with other apps for use of corporate healthy living. Maybe it is because it is new.

1. The subscription fee is just how you pay for the hardware. And the syncing of data to their servers. That said I'm not sure I'm going to renew either.
  2. I like the arm strap. It's lasted longer than I thought it would have.
  3. Battery life is great, yes.
  4. Sleep tracking is cool.
  5. Yeah. Shower no issues.
  6. I don't care too much about this.
  7. Not too often here, but occasionally.
  8. I call the "recovery" number the "WRNG" — Whoop Random Number Generator. It feels almost completely random. And it almost spells "wrong." I ignore recovery scores. They're junk. I look at activity and sleep.
  9. Yeah, agreed.
  10. It can integrate with other things, but the other direction, yeah. Plus they probably keep that data to themselves.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Well, the Whoop 4.0 strap is out. Smaller, waterproof battery, better clasp…

If you have 6 or more months left on your membership, there’s nothing more you need to do. If you have less than 6 months of membership left, you can purchase a 6, 12, or 18 month extension in order to receive your free WHOOP 4.0. If you’re still in your initial WHOOP 3.0 commitment period (and have not paid that commitment off already), you will need to purchase a 12 or 18 month extension.

No free upgrades here even though I have > 6 months remaining because I guess I haven't "paid off" my initial commitment yet.

The stuff from the website is kind-of interesting...

image.png

My sleep efficiency is absurdly good. I don't need to spend so much time in bed to get my required sleep. 

From my weekly performance...

1. I need more strain in my life. Which has been way better lately since I gotten into biking around the neighborhood. 
2. I need a bit more sleep, like 30-45 minutes or so. So, I need to find a way to not go to bed at 12:30 am 😛

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Well, the Whoop 4.0 strap is out. Smaller, waterproof battery, better clasp…

No free upgrades here even though I have > 6 months remaining because I guess I haven't "paid off" my initial commitment yet.

Yea, I think you have to be at the end of your membership or a month to month.

This is what I get when I try to get the Whoop 4. I have the option to sign up. 

image.png

I kind of want to wait and see what the Apple Watch 7 will do. I have a healthy living plan at work, and it takes syncing my whoop to another app, then syncing that app to the healthy living app to just get some data to the website that runs my healthy living. The apple watch will just sync up automatically. The Whoop is a bit to niche right now. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

I kind of want to wait and see what the Apple Watch 7 will do. I have a healthy living plan at work, and it takes syncing my whoop to another app, then syncing that app to the healthy living app to just get some data to the website that runs my healthy living. The apple watch will just sync up automatically. The Whoop is a bit to niche right now. 

Words that weren't around in the 1980's.  I love it...

Edited by Double Mocha Man

So, I took about 2 weeks off from drinking occasionally. My Whoop Numbers go way better and more consistent. Then I had 3 cocktails on Saturday after dinner, at my weekly euchre group. I kept pretty much everything else the same. Got my exercise in, ate well, just added a few drinks. My recovery for Sunday was under 20%. My HRV went from high 90's to under 60!. I always go back and forth from not drinking, to drink occasionally. It might be time to just give it up. I didn't think it would effect my recovery score that much, more so my HRV. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

So, I took about 2 weeks off from drinking occasionally. My Whoop Numbers go way better and more consistent. Then I had 3 cocktails on Saturday after dinner, at my weekly euchre group. I kept pretty much everything else the same. Got my exercise in, ate well, just added a few drinks. My recovery for Sunday was under 20%. My HRV went from high 90's to under 60!. I always go back and forth from not drinking, to drink occasionally. It might be time to just give it up. I didn't think it would effect my recovery score that much, more so my HRV.

If I've seen one consistent thing about alcohol and the WHOOP, it's this.

• iacas unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 9 months later...

Not sure how many people still use WHOOP. I cancelled years ago. It was just costing to much. I feel like if you are not an athlete then you can use it for 6 months and know what actions make you feel better. 

I saw this post on twitter. Maybe the proprietary recovery value that WHOOP was giving you was not worth much at all. 

I do believe HRV is an important number to track. If people are using WHOOP or another HRV tracking device, just use HRV. It correlates better to stress and recovery. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

There's a reason I called it the WRNG — Whoop Random Number Generator.