IGNORED

15 Signs You Watch Too Much Golf On TV

Okay so Golf Digest published the 15 signs you watch too much golf on TV. I giggled just a bit because I may be guilty of one or two of these. I thought I'd post them here and maybe if you all have additional signs you watch too much golf on TV you could add them. For example, my sister has literally taken the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of Masters Week off work for a Staycation. 

Anyhow, for your reading pleasure. Here are Golf Digest's 15 Signs You Watch Too Much Golf On TV.

1)      You greet everyone by saying, “Hello, friends.” Even if they aren’t your actual friends. Even if it’s just one friend.

2)      You can still rattle off every location where Golf Channel’s “Big Break” has ever been filmed.

3)      You often start whispering like Roger Maltbie for no reason.

4)      You know the difference between “Victory Red,” “Gym Red” and every other shade of Tiger Woods Sunday red.

5)      You get all your Christmas gift ideas from golf informercials.

6)      You have trained yourself to plan bathroom breaks around those obligatory CEO interviews.

7)      Your DVR is full of European Tour reruns.

😎      You often forget to shower during weeks of major championships.

9)      You plan your vacations to fall during weaker-field events.

10)   When you check into a hotel, your first question is, “What channel is the Golf Channel?”

11)   You frequently find yourself wondering, “What would Sir Nick think?” about major life decisions.

12)   You have nightmares about bad weather—affecting that week’s PGA Tour event.

13)   You are better at remembering the names of tour caddies than your in-laws.

14)   You have trouble reading stop signs, but you can tell immediately what iron a player pulls from his bag.

15)   You miss Johnny Miller in the booth more than you miss your own parents.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to 15 Signs You Watch Too Much Golf On TV
1573485047023.jpeg

Are you a TV golf addict? Then you're probably showing some of these symptoms.

As much as I hate slideshows, please link the original article when posting these things, @ChetlovesMer.

22 minutes ago, billchao said:
1573485047023.jpeg

Are you a TV golf addict? Then you're probably showing some of these symptoms.

As much as I hate slideshows, please link the original article when posting these things, @ChetlovesMer.

Okay, I was just trying to spare us all the slideshow. But, I'll be sure to include the link in the future. 

The younger generation equivalent of this is probably 15 signs you watch too much golf on Instagram/TikTok, but it kind of doesn't make sense because the videos are so short.

31 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Okay, I was just trying to spare us all the slideshow. But, I'll be sure to include the link in the future. 

Much appreciated. Doing the list the way you did is perfectly fine, just add the link to the post next time :-)

Golf Channel is on constantly in my shop.  I listen in every now and then during Morning Drive. Definitely watch all events.  But, I can check only 2 or 3 off that list.

I'm guilty of #7 & #10.  Not on the list, but at the bar I ask them to put golf on the TV I can view from my seat.  DVR has not only European tour but Korn Ferry as well.

On 10/28/2020 at 11:17 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

3)      You often start whispering like Roger Maltbie for no reason.

This could have serious negative consequences for coming off as a creeper. There is only one Roger, lets keep it that way. 

16. Your wife, who is not a golfer and has never golfed knows who Jason Dufner is and could pick him out of a line up.

17. Same wife starts to groan when she hears the David Feherty show opening music/jingle.

This because she is typically in the same room as you quietly reading a book on her iPad or kindle, while you watch golf.

On 10/28/2020 at 11:17 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

15)   You miss Johnny Miller in the booth more than you miss your own parents.

This^, mainly because my parents have never been in the booth. 

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

18. You setup 5 screens during Master's week

1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

I’ve done three. 

I've done four

• 5 months later...

You turn on Golf Channel at 6am on Thursday and Friday morning to watch Live European Tour golf.