IGNORED

"Air Flex 3D" Hitting Mat

Has anyone seen or used a mat like this one? (see picture)

I'm looking for a hitting mat to use at home. It will go onto a concrete floor in my garage so I want something with some amount of cushioning. These are sold here in the UK as "Air Flex 3D" mats and they have an extra squashy middle layer. Total height of the mat is 35mm (<1.5 inches). I know that Truestrike mats have a layer of gel in the middle, but I don't want to pay that kind of money!

Any thoughts, good or bad? If I get one, I'll report back here.

InSwing-Golf-AIR-FLEX-3D-Golf-Mat

• iacas changed the title to "Air Flex 3D" Hitting Mat
  • Administrator

I can only recommend the TrueStrike mats. I have no experience with that mat, and I'd be worried it'd break down somewhat quickly after repeated strikes.

You often get what you pay for, and this seems to be the case here with the TrueStrike.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The mats @iacas recommend are excellent. Most indoor golf centers around me use them. I have two Real Feel mats for outdoor use. The turf is much thicker than the one you show in the OP. They have held up well. I’ve had others that were cheaper and wore out fast.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got impatient (blame the new lockdown in England) and bought the mat a day or two before seeing your comments!

The middle layer is firmer than I expected but the feel is actually pretty good, at least as good as the better range mats I've encountered. However the plastic turf isn't quite deep enough to hold a tee. I'll need to drill some holes through to the middle layer.

I'm sure a TrueStrike would be better but they're more than twice the price. Maybe one day I'll upgrade, depending how this one works out...

Thanks for the input guys.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjan21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I can’t believe I’ve missed this. I’m always browsing golf gear and equipment. Interesting looking for sure.
    • Day 405 Played 18 today. Added the Justin Rose movement to the rehearsals in my pre shot routine. Hit the ball pretty solidly overall today, but especially well with driver. Was starting the ball right of target on almost all my shots today, which is a mini-goal right now. A few were a little blocky without any curve back toward target, but I'll take that for now over a nasty pull-hook. Only three pull-hooks today, which is a major improvement.
    • Water?!  According to tournaments on TV they don't call it water anymore.  It's a "penalty area".  When I become dehydrated I always go for a glass of penalty area.
    • Have you seen these?
    • So, I had been thinking about one of these after watching some videos of it.  I've been struggling with contact, and it's really been messing with my mind.  When I would hit balls, I would hit a great shot, and then follow it up with a shank or skulled shot.  I started to feel like Charles Barkley in my downswing. While noodling around on Facebook Marketplace, I ran across someone selling one in a package of golf stuff for $20.00.  I got the Smart Ball, plus a small turf mat with a couple of rubber tees, as well as a third that holds an actual tee, a Ziploc bag full of assorted tees, ball markers, and divot tools (as well as a small bottle of nail polish 😕), a Smart Glove to help me with flipping, a set of alignment sticks, and a shag-bag full of balls. I used the Smart Ball (with my old Tour Striker club) and really felt a lot more connected through my swing.  It really helped me to get through the impact zone with authority, and make much crisper contact.  I will keep using this, and highly recommend it.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. ChazzUK
      ChazzUK
      (29 years old)
    2. dhw1500
      dhw1500
      (22 years old)
    3. Gaylord P
      Gaylord P
      (75 years old)
    4. manoj
      manoj
      (34 years old)
    5. Pendragon
      Pendragon
      (75 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...