IGNORED

Scratch golfers

gasfreak
Note: This thread is 3698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played a lot of rounds that left me scratching my head....does that count?

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

I spend alot of time getting scratched up in the briars.
In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

That is some funny responces thanks for the laugh,I am just tring to get some idea how good everyone on here is

most of us have our index listed... as you post and read more threads you'll get a feel for what people claim to be.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I have only seen a handful of sub 5 handicappers on this forum. I thought there would be more.

Give me a year or two

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think i can be by the end of this summer. I own a course record- and last year i came close to tying it. I was one stroke off. I think its just a matter of putting better to tell you the truth. If i putt well i shoot under par every time. If I dont then its a bad score. I just need to avoid three putts and i will become scratch

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I intend to be a +1 by the end of the year.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I am reaching for a +6
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I am glad I start this thread,it is good to see that everyone is tring to improve their game.As for me I used to play when I was younger played for my High School and was a scratch golfer back then,I won several city tournaments but that was 20 years ago just picked it back up this year I have played 5 games this year so far and have been using the range every chance I get.Last game I played I shot an honest 38 on 9 holes par is 35.So I guess to make a long story short it takes a while but it is like riding a bike I suppose.....I hope to at least become a scratch golfer again hopefully,by the way back when I was playing golf it was not nearly as popular as it is today and that is why I quit back then,wished I would have just toughed it out and stayed with it

Hello, I have my handicap listed as 3 (I believe), but I realy think i am better than that. I always play my best rounds in tournaments.

I cant seem to take just an everyday round serious, because i know no matter the outcome, it doesnt much matter. I always seem to focus and bring it in tournament rounds. In my limited tournament play, I have always strived in the tournament atmosphere. I have won almost all of the ones around where I play. I would say my tournament handicap is very close to scratch (if that makes any sense?)

Not a lot of scratch golfers out there because even when you get to that level it takes a great deal of time to stay there. Not a lot of people have that kind of time to devote to their golf games, not to mention the money. I am a scratch player and I am lucky because I do have the time. It gets harder and harder every year though because more and more things cut into my practice and playing time. The difference between a scratch player and a 3 handicap is consistancy gained by practicing a lot.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I would say my tournament handicap is very close to scratch

Do you post your tournament scores to you handicap? I guess it wouldn't make that big of a difference if you don't play in a bunch of tourneys compared to normal rounds.

In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

Not a lot of scratch golfers out there because even when you get to that level it takes a great deal of time to stay there.

Amen brother.

I got to the + side of handicap two years ago and have mananged to stay in that range or slighly on the other side since. Now with a 21 month old (and another on the way) it isn't going to be easy to keep it there. The good thing is that I feel comfortable with my swing and feel like I can reproduce it without too much trouble. The big challenge is keeping the rust off of the short game. I played my first few holes (a rain-shortened tournament) on Saturday and had three 3-putts in the first 6 holes...and still shot 39. It's fun being a scratch, but very hard to keep it there and even harder to improve upon it.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Does it count if it was 30 years ago?
I hope to get close again this year

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

Not a lot of scratch golfers out there because even when you get to that level it takes a great deal of time to stay there. Not a lot of people have that kind of time to devote to their golf games, not to mention the money. I am a scratch player and I am lucky because I do have the time. It gets harder and harder every year though because more and more things cut into my practice and playing time. The difference between a scratch player and a 3 handicap is consistancy gained by practicing a lot.

I agree with NM Golf not only does it take a lot of time and work to become a scratch golfer, but it takes a lot of time and work practicing the right things to stay there.

"Golf tips are like aspirin. One may do you good, but if you swallow the whole bottle you will be lucky to survive." -Harvey Penick

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

Note: This thread is 3698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!