IGNORED

Sand Trap Superspeedsters - Support and Encouragement Group

iacas

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

So I had some time at our indoor facility and Trackman.Β  I put the Swingspeed radar down to compare it next to Trackman to see what the difference in numbers were.Β  Had some interesting (and strange) results.

First I hit some 7 irons to warm up.Β  On trackman I averaged about 85 MPH but the Swingspeed was registering around 78/79...so it was consistently lower.

When I hit driver I was averaging around 102ish on TrackmanΒ but the Swingspeed radar was consistently around 110 or even higher.Β  I hit 105 on Trackman but topped out at 115 onΒ Swingspeed.Β  I'd say that Swingspeed was averaging a little under 10 MPH higher with the driver but it was 6 MPH lower with the 7 iron.

Has anyone else seen results like this?Β  I was left slightly confused.Β  When I've done fittings in the past and been on Trackman I was normally in the 100ish range so my swingspeed is definitely up a little bit but not as much as I thought it would be.

I think you can play around with the positioning and angle of the SSR. With the 7-iron often it will hit higher up on the shaft and measure the speed of that, while with the driver sometimes it can measure the toe instead of the COM like the Trackman will measure. (But that shouldn't be 10 MPH faster. A few.)

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

New highs today! Hit 115, 116 and 117! More consistently high speeds. I was hitting 120s on some of the step change swings with green and blue.Β I tried standing the radar more upright, which may have helped with consistency in the readings. Also have been trying to go to bed earlier and get at least 8 hours of sleep to help with rest and recovery.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting results today. I finally dedicated someΒ time to warm up and take this seriously. Fastest red was 131, blue 137, green 141. I needed to relax my arms more and keep them as relaxed as i can while tossing the clubhead. Nice to get the heavier weights moving a bit faster.Β 
Β 

Edit- Thought IΒ could get green a bit faster so took a couple extra swings and got it to 143 for a new high with it.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach;Β Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI
Β 
TeamΒ :srixon:!

Hey congratulations to @iacas, @phillyk, @DeadMan, @JuanTheGolfer, @MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral, @RhysPowell16, @NCGolfer, and @Lefty4lifewho all set new personal bests this week.Β 

@JuanTheGolfer, You shattered your personal best. Great job!Β 

Keep it up everyone. Bryson DeChambeau will be looking over his shoulder in no time.Β 

On 1/26/2021 at 12:50 PM, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

New highs today! Hit 115, 116 and 117! More consistently high speeds. I was hitting 120s on some of the step change swings with green and blue.Β I tried standing the radar more upright, which may have helped with consistency in the readings. Also have been trying to go to bed earlier and get at least 8 hours of sleep to help with rest and recovery.Β 

I find wearing my golf shoes and my glove also helps with both speeds and consistency. So, I've making sure to do that every time.Β 

My wife sees me changing my shoes. ... "Hey, going to do your speed work? ... Be quick about it." *wink*Β She's supportive of my efforts to battle back against Father Time.Β 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I find wearing my golf shoes

I do all my golf practice at home in Crocs, maybe I should spend 20 seconds and put on some real shoes.

Today I got 128, 131, 127, 130, 124 MPH with the blue stick. Also had 116 and 118 MPH swings in my "measurement set", but tossed them out because they seemed way off and I figure they were radar device anomalies. After I finished superspeed, I hit some balls with driver using Mevo. Swing speed still consistently in the 110-112 MPH range, with a max of 114 today. I think I may have reached a plateau, but I also just transitioned to protocol 3, so maybe in a couple weeks I will see some more improvement.

As an aside: I noticed today that when I focused on mechanics/technique I achievedΒ good speed, and when I focused on speed I got good speed, but when I triedΒ to combine my focus on both, speed dropped considerably.Β 

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

You guys are making me feel old!😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Age is just a number. A fairly large number in your case, but still a number.Β πŸ˜‰

• Funny 2

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

6 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Age is just a number. A fairly large number in your case, but still a number.Β πŸ˜‰

I have to pull a permit with the fire marshal for my birthday cake.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

12 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I am still with you @boogielicious. Maybe we can start our own Not So Superspeedsters thread.Β 

• Funny 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway:Β GBBΒ Epic SpeedΒ 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3WΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:Β  Epic FlashΒ 21Β deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway:Β Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping:Β G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges:Β :ping:Β Glide 58 deg
Putter:Β :bettinardi:Β ArmlockΒ Β :aimpoint:Β Express
Β :titleist:Β golf bag, Blue Tees RF

I'm not sure if it was because I did this early in the morning today. But I didn't have it.Β 
I could not get any of my sticks above 116.

Can't wait for Monday to try again.Β 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

On 1/25/2021 at 1:13 PM, Daveje97 said:

I lost my sticks and I have absolutely no idea how. Β It’s maddening. But, I ordered a new set and will pick this up when I have them.

My new sticks arrived yesterday and, of course, this morning I moved something in my garage to get a show shovel and the old sticks reappeared. Β Like magic. Β I’ve got an extra set now if anyone wants one.

It’s been too cold the last three days. I hope to get in my session tomorrow before the NorEaster.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I’ve beenΒ to see the doctors today after a pain post workout. Turns out I’ve strained my traps, so will be stoping speed training for this week. Thankfully I’d gotten halfway through week 7 of training, so speed shouldn’t disappear too much.Β 

Edited by RhysPowell16

Got my SuperSpeed in today just as the snow was starting to fall. 26F too. Managed some good swings, 95, 98, 100, 101, 104.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Starting second week in protocol 3 now, and not much change. Was a little slow today and had trouble breaking 125 MPH with the blue stick; 121, 125, 125, 125, 128 MPH for five swings. My speed hitting balls with driver doesn't seem to vary as much compared to swinging the blue stick - most driver/ball swings today were in my normal range, while blue stick numbers were maybe a touch slow.

-Peter

I played around with the angle of my radar device a bit, and the clubhead (i.e. steel weight) height through the measurement zone, and the numbers were more tightly grouped, and also a bit higher. Today's swings with blue stick were 129, 129, 130, 130, 131 MPH. Assuming these are somewhat accurate, I did pretty well today.

-Peter

2 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

I played around with the angle of my radar device a bit, and the clubhead (i.e. steel weight) height through the measurement zone, and the numbers were more tightly grouped, and also a bit higher. Today's swings with blue stick were 129, 129, 130, 130, 131 MPH. Assuming these are somewhat accurate, I did pretty well today.

I did this today too. I focused on swingingΒ through the area about 10” in front of the radar lower center about 4” off the ground.Β I got much more consistent readings, 100, 101, 102 103, 104.Β 

Scott

My Swing Thread

I had been getting more consistent readings too lately, until today. Almost all my swings at the end registered in the 90s and one was 87. No way that is right, but I didn’t feel like taking the time to mess with it. I’m gonna try to play some rounds over the weekend and will be watching my driver distance. Not going to bring the radar.