IGNORED

Sand Trap Superspeedsters - Support and Encouragement Group

iacas

On 4/1/2021 at 6:26 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm with you on this. Although, I'm not sure it matters what the "actual" numbers are. I just would like a small degree of consistency in it's measurement. If it was always 10 mph slow. I could deal with that. If it's 10 mph slow one swing and 10 mph fast the next... that makes my ass chew gum. 

Yeah, the most important thing is the speed actually hitting a ball, and luckily I can use Mevo to periodically check on this. That said, when I am in my backyard, swinging driver, with a real ball, and my windows and neighbors' windows a ricochet away, I have a hard time "taking the governor" off, so eventually I have take the Mevo to a range or bring it with me for a round.

The variability from the Sports Sensors SSR still bugging me. Today I hit 122, 125, 127, 128, 135 mph (135 is new personal best), but I don't think there was 13mph difference between the fastest and slowest swings.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I really think I'm making progress. 

For the last month or so at the end of each practice session. I take my last 5 balls and try to hit them as far as possible with the driver. The goal is simple.

• Hit 5 balls with driver
  • Average over 104 mph swing speed
  • Average over 150 mph ball speed
  • Average over 250 yards of carry distance
  • All 5 balls need to hit "the fairway"... Which basically means between the two boundaries I set on the driving range. (40 yards wide, approx)

I haven't been able to do it yet. But I'm getting close. Here are my last two tries. 

Yesterday: 

image.thumb.png.108af09f004283c1d34bb5c718da0808.png

Almost did it. I missed averaging 150 mph of ball speed by less than 1 mph. 

Today:
image.thumb.png.4d51083d81855dda6b165699bd998c9d.png

Almost did it again. The numbers were all okay except that second shot. Swing speed good.... Snap hook bad.

It would have missed my imaginary fairway.... badly missed. May have killed somebody. 

Anyway, I'm getting closer. My speed numbers are improving. My carry distance is getting close to where my total distance was last year. I've seen it on the course so far this year. I've been really happy with how I've been hitting the driver on the course in the couple of rounds I've played so far this year. 

• 1 month later...

After all is said and done. It looks like I gained a couple miles per hour. 

Let's do this again next off season. 

• Like 1