IGNORED

Sand Trap Superspeedsters - Support and Encouragement Group

iacas

• Administrator
3 hours ago, phillyk said:

Basically, in his experience measuring players, he said the Blue radar that comes with the set typically measured 3-4mph faster than what trackman said.  He didn't see any gains by swinging opposite handed, so swinging just one way is fine. He showed some numbers of PGA Tour players he worked with, and that they swung the red stick 1-2% faster than the driver instead of the 10% SuperSpeed says.  He then goes into some mental stuff and the "why/how" for speed training, which had been said here in the other topic.

Thanks.

I swing the red stick faster, but I also wonder if the PGA Tour players were really doing this “correctly” in terms of swinging as fast as they can, or whether they were just trying to make their normal swings while giving it a little extra.

Or, more likely, maybe they’ve already learned to swing it fast, without those neurological brakes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One week down! Did a superspeed workout today after skipping yesterday due to fatigue after playing 18 holes. Numbers are a little lower today than the first two days. I've been working on a new priority piece from my last lesson since middle of last week, and I feel entirely out of sync at full speed.

I wonder how much working on a dynamic swing change impacts speed in the short term?

I'm also curious to see how much speed I ultimately gain from this point on. I started superspeed about 10 months ago and had a gain of about 4-5 MPH really quickly and then another 1-2 MPH over the next 6 months or so, but since then I've plateaued. I guess I could read this as a sign to move on to the the level 3 protocol.

Just started week 2 on the sheet in my garden. I was wondering how often you’d also recommend hitting drivers as hard as possible alongside the speed training? For reference for speed training I’m using driver no ball and super speed sticks.
Do you think you’re able to apply to faster if you do dedicated driver max speed hitting practice alongside?

3 hours ago, RhysPowell16 said:

Just started week 2 on the sheet in my garden. I was wondering how often you’d also recommend hitting drivers as hard as possible alongside the speed training? For reference for speed training I’m using driver no ball and super speed sticks.
Do you think you’re able to apply to faster if you do dedicated driver max speed hitting practice alongside?

Just my thoughts... The driver is a bit lighter than the red stick but has more wind resistance because of club head size, I think you could just use the driver instead of the red stick, perhaps that would even be better as you're using your actual club.

I’m going to track max speeds overall as well. Right now green went 140, blue 132, and red 123. Driver max was 130. Not sure why my red vs driver is so off. Tbh, the red club just feels a lot heavier. Its weird. 

For reference the speed stick weights are as follows: RED 342g; BLUE 295g; GREEN 263g (these are the weights for currently shipping versions). I have a set of the speed sticks that originally shipped. These sticks are approx. 1in longer in length and weigh RED 330g; BLUE 300g; GREEN 264g

Also for reference I will give overall weight of a set of Drivers

XXIO 43g shaft with GP CP2 Jumbo grip (80g) Total weight = 327g

Ping G400 Max 50g shaft with Jumbo Max Ultralite grip XS (38g) Total weight = 299g GAMER

Mizuno ST190 GP standard grip; stock shaft Total weight = 309g

Titleist TS3 60g shaft with GP CP2 Standard size grip Total weight = 319g

Titleist C16 60g shaft GP CP2 Midsize grip Total weight 334g

Callaway BB Alpha 816 60g shaft with GP CP2 midsize grip Total weight = 340g. This one surprises me. This is also the driver I use when speed training with a ball in my garage.

Hit about 15 drivers on the range today.  Would say that 80% of them were at 107 or 108.  Wasn't going at max...just what I think I would be swinging on the course.  That's about 5 or 6 above where I started.

Hope to get that up to 110 consistently.

Switched it up and hit real balls today using Mevo: 107, 109, 111, 114, 117 (not in that order).

Pretty much the same as when I measured my initial speed last year.

55 minutes ago, iacas said:

Started off slow today, and then hit an all new high.

Measured speeds were 122, 127, 130, 130, 134.

Congratulations. I hit a new high today also... (although mine was 18 mph slower than yours.) 

Looking forward to continuing to improve. I'm trying to figure out what's a realistic goal. I'd be over the moon if I could reach 110 mph with my actual driver, while hitting a ball. Not sure how realistic that is.  

• Thumbs Up 1

My speeds are actually slowing down. It’s a little discouraging, but I’m feeling stronger, and I’m not as winded after doing the set. I’ve been continuing to do the same set. My opposite side swings are feeling better and approaching the same speed as my normal side. Maybe I’m going through the motions instead of really going all out. Or maybe the radar isn’t registering accurate readings every time. I’ll stick with it though, and hope to see it trending up next time.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
5 hours ago, NCGolfer said:

Seemed to plateau at 113/114 with the blue sticks.  Last three sessions have been nearly identical.

How?

Are you swinging like a driver? Or swinging as fast as you can?

FWIW I did some testing of the Mach 3 stuff today with @Slim_Pivot. I like it, and it's kinda fun.

I need to get involved in speed training to get faster.

Does anyone here (who isn’t a +2 or better) do speed training while seriously working on parts of their swing?

I’m not sure if my brain can handle both in the same time period.

• go slow, do the moves perfectly
  • go as fast as you can, no worries about form

I’m not sure how long to wait before I  buy sticks and dive in.