IGNORED

Sand Trap Superspeedsters - Support and Encouragement Group

iacas

I wish i had a way to monitor this. Been meaning to get on sss, and this would be the perfect time. I may pull the trigger on this (some sort of launch monitor). Consider me a maybe. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm in. I've done them in the past with great results, look forward to having a group to share the gains with, my wife got tired of me telling her every time I hit a new max speed. :-X

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Thanks, I need this.  I got to 7 weeks in a row twice in 2020 and then ... just ... stopped.  I am doing other practice.  I can wander out back and do them, but I haven't been.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

For someone without the SS sticks or radar, is the best/cheapest radar option probably the PRGR from the SS website (it's $150 if you buy the SS sticks at the same time)? I know you can get a radar for ~$110, but I think the added functionality of the PRGR is worth $40.  Anybody know of a radar $<100?

The SS sticks seem very worth it at $200, but the extra $100 - $200 for the radar kills me.

On 11/6/2020 at 5:21 PM, 36chambers said:

I think the added functionality of the PRGR is worth $40. 

For just doing the speedsticks, is there an accuracy advantage? 
I have a device that handles the added functionality. I'm considering getting something just for the speed sticks. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

For just doing the speedsticks, is there an accuracy advantage? 
I have a device that handles the added functionality. I'm considering getting something just for the speed sticks. 

If you have something that measures swing speed (without hitting a ball) why would you get something that does less and just measures swing speed?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

If you have something that measures swing speed (without hitting a ball) why would you get something that does less and just measures swing speed?

Maybe I mis-wrote what I meant. I have something that does all the "With a ball" stuff I need. To get swing speed, however, I have to hit a ball. So, I was asking about if the PRGR is better than the Sports Sensor Swing Speed Radar? Because I would like to have something that I can use without a ball. I want to participate in this challenge. I'm weighing the best options to do so. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I have the speed sticks and the radar that came with them. I haven't used them in a while so maybe I'll use this to get me back into using them.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Finally got around to signing up for this. Good idea to get my butt started on this again.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• 2 weeks later...

First post on the site and it’s here. I’m in for this. I’m really motivated to work on my game this winter and speed sticks were part of my planned routine. Glad to have an accountability group to keep me on track.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Daveje97 said:

First post on the site and it’s here. I’m in for this. I’m really motivated to work on my game this winter and speed sticks were part of my planned routine. Glad to have an accountability group to keep me on track.

Welcome to The Sand Trap!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

This arrived yesterday.

Looks like I'm all set to participate. I am 100% in for this.

Nice!  I've got that one too.  Looking forward to this as well.  I've been doing the protocols off and on  for a while, but this accountability and tracking will be fun and helpful.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• Administrator

FWIW I'm going to mix in some Mach 3 stuff myself. I'll still measure 3x a week with the SuperSpeed sticks, though.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Great idea... I have my Speed Sticks, Swing Speed Radar and once a month I can get on Trackman to check how it measures my speed.  So I am set, AND I have some MACH 3 tools like the JetStick. ..  Looking forward to getting better together.

16 hours ago, iacas said:

FWIW I'm going to mix in some Mach 3 stuff myself. I'll still measure 3x a week with the SuperSpeed sticks, though.

Is the Mach 3 program any good? Also, does it need space? In the winter, I can only do Super Speed outside now. I have no room indoors.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Is the Mach 3 program any good? Also, does it need space? In the winter, I can only do Super Speed outside now. I have no room indoors.

I don't know yet (I wouldn't have gotten it if I had many doubts - I think it's going to be great), and yes, it needs a lot of space for all of the rope stuff.

May I suggest a name change for this thread? When I read it too quickly, it looks like Sand Trap SuperSpreaders...

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint: