IGNORED

Sand Trap Superspeedsters - Support and Encouragement Group

I wish i had a way to monitor this. Been meaning to get on sss, and this would be the perfect time. I may pull the trigger on this (some sort of launch monitor). Consider me a maybe. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting on January 3 (because that's the Sunday), my intent with this topic is to have those of us with SuperSpeed sticks (or those of us who can get them by then) to band together, fill out a spread

Hit 118 during testing after doing my protocol.  Also swung my driver (without a ball) just to compare.  My median was 112 today with the blue stick and topped my driver out at 112.  I'd say the media

A good option is using your phone, just install the "Sheets" App. It's better than a Mobile Browser, IMO.

Posted Images

Thanks, I need this.  I got to 7 weeks in a row twice in 2020 and then ... just ... stopped.  I am doing other practice.  I can wander out back and do them, but I haven't been.  

For someone without the SS sticks or radar, is the best/cheapest radar option probably the PRGR from the SS website (it's $150 if you buy the SS sticks at the same time)? I know you can get a radar for ~$110, but I think the added functionality of the PRGR is worth $40.  Anybody know of a radar $<100?

The SS sticks seem very worth it at $200, but the extra $100 - $200 for the radar kills me.

On 11/6/2020 at 5:21 PM, 36chambers said:

I think the added functionality of the PRGR is worth $40. 

For just doing the speedsticks, is there an accuracy advantage? 
I have a device that handles the added functionality. I'm considering getting something just for the speed sticks. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

For just doing the speedsticks, is there an accuracy advantage? 
I have a device that handles the added functionality. I'm considering getting something just for the speed sticks. 

If you have something that measures swing speed (without hitting a ball) why would you get something that does less and just measures swing speed?

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

If you have something that measures swing speed (without hitting a ball) why would you get something that does less and just measures swing speed?

Maybe I mis-wrote what I meant. I have something that does all the "With a ball" stuff I need. To get swing speed, however, I have to hit a ball. So, I was asking about if the PRGR is better than the Sports Sensor Swing Speed Radar? Because I would like to have something that I can use without a ball. I want to participate in this challenge. I'm weighing the best options to do so. 

I have the speed sticks and the radar that came with them. I haven't used them in a while so maybe I'll use this to get me back into using them.

• 2 weeks later...

First post on the site and it’s here. I’m in for this. I’m really motivated to work on my game this winter and speed sticks were part of my planned routine. Glad to have an accountability group to keep me on track.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Daveje97 said:

First post on the site and it’s here. I’m in for this. I’m really motivated to work on my game this winter and speed sticks were part of my planned routine. Glad to have an accountability group to keep me on track.

Welcome to The Sand Trap!

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

This arrived yesterday.

Looks like I'm all set to participate. I am 100% in for this.

Nice!  I've got that one too.  Looking forward to this as well.  I've been doing the protocols off and on  for a while, but this accountability and tracking will be fun and helpful.  

Great idea... I have my Speed Sticks, Swing Speed Radar and once a month I can get on Trackman to check how it measures my speed.  So I am set, AND I have some MACH 3 tools like the JetStick. ..  Looking forward to getting better together.

16 hours ago, iacas said:

FWIW I'm going to mix in some Mach 3 stuff myself. I'll still measure 3x a week with the SuperSpeed sticks, though.

Is the Mach 3 program any good? Also, does it need space? In the winter, I can only do Super Speed outside now. I have no room indoors.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Is the Mach 3 program any good? Also, does it need space? In the winter, I can only do Super Speed outside now. I have no room indoors.

I don't know yet (I wouldn't have gotten it if I had many doubts - I think it's going to be great), and yes, it needs a lot of space for all of the rope stuff.

• iacas changed the title to Sand Trap SuperSpeedsters - Support and Encouragement Group
  • iacas changed the title to Sand Trap Superspeedsters - Support and Encouragement Group