Is there really an advantage to using the Super Stroke shape putter grips, or is the old style Ping putter style grips better? What say you?

Edited by CharlieB
Spelling

5 hours ago, colin007 said:

I like grips that are totally round, no flat side

See? That's why chocolate isn't all the same! I like the flat sided Super Stroke putter grip. It feels very comfortable to me.

Why does Super Stroke have an optional weight for the grip? I thought you would want more weight in the putter head rather than the grip? I have an older Ping Anser 4 that I’m putting a new grip on.

37 minutes ago, CharlieB said:

Why does Super Stroke have an optional weight for the grip? I thought you would want more weight in the putter head rather than the grip? I have an older Ping Anser 4 that I’m putting a new grip on.

The concept is known as counter weighting or counterbalance

• Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, CharlieB said:

Be careful adding weight to just the grip end. The putter head will feel very light. Counter-weighting putters also adds weight to the head.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Be careful adding weight to just the grip end. The putter head will feel very light. Counter-weighting putters also adds weight to the head.

Yeah, that is already a light head.  All the older Ping heads are.  We have a couple at the course and it’s like putting with a straw it’s so light.  I have a Ping Redwood Anser and an Anser 2 milled which are heavier.

Grips are such a personal preference as you can see from all the previous replies.  I use a midsize Pingman grip and build it up a couple extra layers.  I tried a putter with the golf pride Snsr grip and liked it too... not too far off from my Pingman.

I have the SS midslim on an old Scotty which is only take out if I’m putting like crap and need a different feel to get back on track.

• Thanks 1

I have one putter with the Golf Pride Tour SNSR and I really like that grip

I have another putter with the L.A.B Forward Press Grip and I really like that grip

The L.A.B Forward Press Grip is winning out to become my new go to grip at this moment with the Tour SNSR fading to back up status

3 hours ago, djake said:

I have one putter with the Golf Pride Tour SNSR and I really like that grip

I have another putter with the L.A.B Forward Press Grip and I really like that grip

The L.A.B Forward Press Grip is winning out to become my new go to grip at this moment with the Tour SNSR fading to back up status

I have a ping putter with a really fat grip I don’t like, think I’m selling it...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 7:47 PM, Colins69 said:

I have a ping putter with a really fat grip I don’t like, think I’m selling it...

re-grip with a Ping grip and you'll get better money for it.

I have a very old, original, Ping Anser that I just replaced the grip on with a Lamkin, SinkFit, pistol grip and my putting improved dramatically. I’ve never putted with a heavy headed club so I can’t compare it to the lighter, vintage Ping. I just know the fatter grip was perfect for me.

Note that there are serveral types of Super Stroke grips.  I use a Super Stroke 2.0 Flatso grip; absolutely love it...used to have the fatter 3.0 (not flatso).  Either way, I can't see myself going back to the thin putter grips.  Only other one I may try is the pistol grip.  Best luck in your search.

Edited by MGN

2 hours ago, MGN said:

Note that there are serveral types of Super Stroke grips.  I use a Super Stroke 2.0 Flatso grip; absolutely love it...used to have the fatter 3.0 (not flatso).  Either way, I can't see myself going back to the thin putter grips.  Only other one I may try is the pistol grip.  Best luck in your search.

Yeah I’m not sure what I will do now I’ve played 2 rounds with the fat grip and it’s feeling better lol...