IGNORED

Members Banned Discussion

1 hour ago, iacas said:

The older I get, the less I care about the opinions of stupid people. I am starting to see why older people just say what they think more often.

+1   Life is too short to tolerate stupid.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

@MattM was banned (by me) earlier today.

Long story short, Matt doesn't seem to live in this reality. He's created one of his own.

• He whined about being labeled as "playing the victim" while playing the victim.
  • He brought up race in a conversation that had nothing to do with race.
  • He'd sent me DMs after I had asked him (or told him) not to as I'm busy this weekend dropping my daughter off at college and didn't want to spend my little daily time on TST dealing with that crap.
  • He then DMed me again at Evolvr where, as a customer, he feels that the customer is always right, and it's his right and privilege to continue to pester me there.

The content of the DMs was tame by some standards, but shows just how far out of whack @MattM is with reality in others. Some things were essentially facts, yet denied by Matt.

Matt's first DM, which I didn't really read at first but later read after I'd made predictions (he'd assumed that he was the only individual warned and that I had done the warning) about what he'd written, started off by saying "I know you've never liked me" or something like that.

I don't like or dislike 99% of you here. Why? Because I know about 0.000001% of each of "you." I don't know you guys. I've met a few, but I don't even know if I "like" or "dislike" some of the people I've met a few times. I'm inclined to "like" all of you, though, because we have golf in common, and that's awesome.

But if you think I "dislike" you because you disagree with me every now and then… then I don't know what to tell you, because I don't work that way. Disagreement can be fun. It can be bonding.

Hell, ask @Vinsk if I dislike him, and we've argued now and then a good bit.

Anyway, @MattM is now banned here and at Evolvr, because the customer is not always right, and because as a human being myself, I do not want to or need to be treated as I was by Matt. I don't enjoy participating with delusional folks who craft their own bizarre reality.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

@MattM was banned (by me) earlier today.

That’s too bad when it comes to that. Maybe this has been asked before (and I’ve forgotten), but in his profile in the forum threads he has a line through his name, but the next line says “well established member” and “established member.” His profile page says the same.  Do those get updated?

555EBA3A-5186-47F7-A8B8-E8B9BF37F7F3.jpeg.72dbafde7924bc89d90cf19754c80d9d.jpeg872F2DB6-7695-435B-B2DA-36C0E528AE80.jpeg.7e67c173250eb5f8da40f420c78ec76f.jpeg

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

That’s too bad when it comes to that. Maybe this has been asked before (and I’ve forgotten), but in his profile in the forum threads he has a line through his name, but the next line says “well established member” and “established member.” His profile page says the same.  Do those get updated?

Unfortunately, no. His profile shows the line through it, as his username will everywhere, but even that is via a plugin. Otherwise IPB has no real way to show that a user has been banned. They used to have a "Banned Users" group, but they did away with that in version 4.x (which came out like six years ago).