IGNORED

Three Members Banned

49 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Yes, you can out-drive, out-score, out-pretty, etc. me all you want but two years down the road the only thing I will remember about you is you were 'that-guy-with-the-white-belt..' 😂  

But you'll remember me and thats the important part!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you for the time and effort you invest in moderating this site.

I below to a COVID-19 oriented FB page.  The information by the owner of the page is strictly data driven (showing cases, trends, hospitalizations, ... by state by country by date)... there are about 60,000 people who are follow that page.  The moderators and page owner has one basic rule.  Talk to each other and post just as you would if you were sitting at the dining room table with people you love.

So it has become a very cordial site, and politics are not allowed.   I think about this when I write a post on this or other websites.  And even if we disagree, we do not have to be disagreeable.   THANKS again for all you Moderators do.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Only if you wear a white belt.... 🤣

I couldn't resist.   Of course you can find anything on Google to support your opinion;  so here:

So how did this, “No white before Memorial Day or after Labor Day” fashion rule start? According to fashion reporters, it began in the 1930's with the ultra-rich wearing only white in the summer. Light clothing gave the look of leisure, while dark clothing was mostly for working people.

46 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I couldn't resist.   Of course you can find anything on Google to support your opinion;  so here:

So how did this, “No white before Memorial Day or after Labor Day” fashion rule start? According to fashion reporters, it began in the 1930's with the ultra-rich wearing only white in the summer. Light clothing gave the look of leisure, while dark clothing was mostly for working people.

Interesting. I was simply ribbing @NMGolf. @NM Golf. But hey, my worker background would explain my affinity for darker tones. Although, my wife does make me wear lighter tones in social settings. She always tells me if left to my own devices I always show up to socials looking like I just got off work. Ha.

• Administrator

BTW, as I watch another forum that’s MUCH younger than TST burn down (in a way), I have some quick and basic thoughts.

• This forum has existed for like 20 years in large part because of the moderation. We allow a little off topic conversation, but not a lot. We no longer allow political or religious topics (we did for a long time, and they were mostly okay, but that environment changed).
  • We haven’t been perfect, by any stretch, but the moderators have done an awesome job. Those of you who have never run your own forum, you don’t know what you’re missing. Thank the heavens for that, because what people will do or say publicly or in a PM or whatever is often VERY, VERY different from reality.
  • Thank you, members, for being decent people overall. Though we talk about the problems more often than we’d like, perhaps, we (as moderators) are always well aware of the silent majority that enjoy the site, that are good people who can discuss shit without getting personal or taking it personally, who would have a beer or at least a Cherry Coke Zero with you even if you just disagreed with them on something, etc. Thank you.

On a different but related note, I sent these messages to a friend earlier:

Some of my best friends have been people I really strongly disagreed with at first and fought with (not physically) a lot at first. But we’d keep at it. Keep fighting.

And then ultimately I came to respect them, and them me, because they didn’t back down, they had their opinions and disagreed with me, but didn’t take it personally or attack or whatever. And eventually we’d find things we agreed upon. And then the disagreements always provided “content” for discussion.

Similarly some of the people I can’t stand I agreed with a lot at first, and we were almost fast buddies. But then they’d do something stupid, and I’d tell them that what they did was shitty, or I’d disagree with them about something, and they’d get all pissy and that would be that. That relationship wasn’t forged in fire, while the others were.

That applies here, too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1